Deleted

2v2: Resto druid and x?

So recently my friend ( a restoration druid) did ask me to do some arenas with him in hope to get some points, however as I for one know little of PvP in-
    general I have no idea which class should be good to play with him (if any, heard they're in a rather bad condition in 2v2), so I decided to come here to ask for help, so:

a) Which class should I pick to play with him (have all, but a druid/shaman)
    b) What spec would be the most optimal in 2v2 for this specific class.
    c) If you're able to a little tips in general would be taken for granted.

I'd say; play an arms warrior. Resto druid + arms warrior is and will always be viable.

Spec something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LGkfcRrRurkhb0o

You can change points from Blitz, tactical mastery, piercing howl (as I put improved hamstring as well) to incite, but prefer slam. There isn't alot of mandatory talents left, you still can swap a few around.

Now you got a spec, for your glyphs I'd say something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#L:McRR0MzoM

You can change the Rapid Charge glyph for victory rush if you want, however, in 2v2 you won't kill alot of pets anyway (which procs victory rush, saved me many times tho). You can change the sweeping strikes as well if you feel like to. Another combo for major glyphs would be: heroic throw + colossus smash + sunder armor. Note if you pick this, change a minor glyph to sunder armor as well (50% rage reduction).

Make macro's for:
    1h+ shield
    2h
    1h + shield + casting spell reflect
    1h + shield + shield block
    1h + shield + disarm (not mandatory though)

berserker stance + recklessness + trinket + orc racial (if you're an orc ofcourse) + glove enchant from engineering (if you have it ofcourse) + BLADESTORM

I guess you get the point with the last macro, you can make a macro as well with deadly calm + trinket + sweeping strikes (would be a waste if glyphed) etc.

Feel free to ask more questions, practise make perfect ^^

you best bet is to play with either a warlock or a warrior
    But be prepared for draws, with how terrible druid offense is you dps parter wont be able to score kills against most dpsr/healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a better healer that isn't shit.

I'm a Warlock and I 2v2 with my friend who's a resto druid. We're high rated so yeh...I'm Affliction obviously.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2011-08-26 at 07:41 PM.

Rogue/Druid and Mage/Druid works as well, as long as your rogue or mage is halfway decent at peeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    I'd say; play an arms warrior. Resto druid + arms warrior is and will always be viable.

Spec something like this: -

You can change points from Blitz, tactical mastery, piercing howl (as I put improved hamstring as well) to incite, but prefer slam. There isn't alot of mandatory talents left, you still can swap a few around.

Now you got a spec, for your glyphs I'd say something like this: -

You can change the Rapid Charge glyph for victory rush if you want, however, in 2v2 you won't kill alot of pets anyway (which procs victory rush, saved me many times tho). You can change the sweeping strikes as well if you feel like to. Another combo for major glyphs would be: heroic throw + colossus smash + sunder armor. Note if you pick this, change a minor glyph to sunder armor as well (50% rage reduction).

Make macro's for:
    1h+ shield
    2h
    1h + shield + casting spell reflect
    1h + shield + shield block
    1h + shield + disarm (not mandatory though)

berserker stance + recklessness + trinket + orc racial (if you're an orc ofcourse) + glove enchant from engineering (if you have it ofcourse) + BLADESTORM

I guess you get the point with the last macro, you can make a macro as well with deadly calm + trinket + sweeping strikes (would be a waste if glyphed) etc.

Feel free to ask more questions, practise make perfect ^^
    Thank you for a clean and informative answer, this is for sure going to effect my decision alot!

ret paladin> hots = no wings dispelled and u can just kill someone with it up

yeh i quite liked ret+resto.

as illana said hots provide wings protection and if you time it right , you can cyclone x2>bear bash>hoj on healer and the ret can go mad on the dps...

Deleted
    i say choose a Lock or a Rogue, you will find you need to peel off your resto druid alot!

Ret pally. Just cyclone the other guy when the ret pops his cd's and pwn someone.

DK is another good partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corundum View Post
    i say choose a Lock or a Rogue, you will find you need to peel off your resto druid alot!
    Yay shitty broken ineffective spec !