Thread: SSD boot times

SSD boot times

It takes one minute and seven seconds for my computer to boot with my Corsair SSD force 3... Not so impressive. I've installed windows on it and put it on boot priority in bios. What do?

10+ Year Old Account
    One minute seven seconds.. Are you including your POST? Are you including all your programs loading? Did you do a fresh install of windows or just copy it? Are the rest of your programs on the SSD?
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue what is wrong but it takes mine about 15seconds to completely start up.

If you're waiting for other programs to load up before you declare that its fully running make sure those programs are also on you SSD. It could be that the programs are on your HDD and that only your OS is on the SSD that's why you feel that way.

I have skype and steam but I don't think they are causing the problem

15+ Year Old Account
    Just as a frame of reference, all of the Dell/Sony's that pass through my hands will do complete shutdown and restart in 30 seconds or less, so booting should be ~15-20 seconds on average
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh? My computer boots on an SSD to the point of being able to launch WoW in 45 seconds.

Basically the biggest timesink when I turn it on is when it says "loading operating system" it takes maybe 40 seconds, how do I turn off windows backup?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on around 19-23 seconds on a Vertex 2, something is definitely not right with yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on my X25-M, POST is like 20s, loading into desktop is like another 15s, and then programs take over a minute to fully load. Very rough estimates, maybe ill time it at some point.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Just clocked mine in at a little over a minute and 30 seconds. I work in IT and I for the life of me don't know why mine is so slow.

I have 2 Intel 510 series (Elmcrest) SSD's in a RAID0 array. Given it's the basic software raid controller but honestly I think I am missing something.
    I ran a basic speed test on them and these are the results... something tells me it should be booting faster than it does.