Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] The Avengers

Combining a range of S.H.I.E.L.D. members and various marvel characters, the avengers trailer can be seen at the end of Thor credits and the first glimpse of artwork can be seen here:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/j.../news/?a=45253

Depending on actors, this movie could be totally awesome, if done right.

Deleted
    So which of the first 3 avengers stories the movie will be about?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont have very high expectations.

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    Iron Man was the only one of the four franchises where i left the cinema without feeling disappointed.

Deleted
    Ive been waiting for the avengers movie for quite some time now at it have been quite obvious that it was comming out.

Lets hope its good.

Who's going to play Batman?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    Iron Man was the only one of the four franchises where i left the cinema without feeling disappointed.
    I actually thought they were awful but with Iron Man being lowest of the low. All of the films could have been amazing and original but most failed spectacularly. Xmen has been the best Marvel franchise into movies so far and even that was far below what it could have been x

15+ Year Old Account

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    I'll give you Hulk, but the other three are all pretty good. Not sure what else you really want from movies like this. They don't always go from the comic book page to the big screen in a seamless fashion. You just have to take them for what they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll give you Hulk, but the other three are all pretty good. Not sure what else you really want from movies like this. They don't always go from the comic book page to the big screen in a seamless fashion. You just have to take them for what they are.
    I couldnt take Captain America very seriously, i think it was because of the setting (with all the propaganda behind the actual comic itself) and being Australian i just didnt get it. Plus there were things that simply didnt make sense (Nazis writing the names of the destinations of each bomb in english in a large font on each bomb, and then when the plane crashes carrying these bombs - it doesnt explode...it somehow lands daintily like a butterfly).
    And i couldnt get into Thor, i dont know why that was. Im usually pretty into the superhero genre, its probably ive just seen too many lately and they all start to look the same.

I just hope the Avengers doesnt lose out from having to fit in so many characters into the scenes together.

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    Ang Hulk was bad, Edward Norton Hulk was Passable, Thor was Awesome, Cpt. America was Badass, Iron Man 1 was Amazing Number 2 was still good.

I look very much forward to the Avengers.

I couldnt take Captain America very seriously, i think it was because of the setting (with all the propaganda behind the actual comic itself) and being Australian i just didnt get it. Plus there were things that simply didnt make sense (Nazis writing the names of the destinations of each bomb in english in a large font on each bomb, and then when the plane crashes carrying these bombs - it doesnt explode...it somehow lands daintily like a butterfly).
    And i couldnt get into Thor, i dont know why that was. Im usually pretty into the superhero genre, its probably ive just seen too many lately and they all start to look the same.

I just hope the Avengers doesnt lose out from having to fit in so many characters into the scenes together.
    Well of course it was written in English, If it was written in German how would we have understood it, I'm Australian Also and i understood it just fine. The bombs were also Made to explode on the bomb impacting and being detonated(since they were powered by the Asgardian power and not conventional explosives), not when a humoungous Battleship of an Airplane crashes into the Arctic.

Aussie Actors being in it make it pretty awesome aswell.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-08-27 at 05:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Well I don't really hold these sorts of movies in high esteem. It's fun to watch them, but it's not something I would re-watch. They're fun movies and all, but looking for anything beyond some cool action and special effects is asking a bit much. Disney isn't going to make a Dark Knight.

Avengers will be fun, but I'm not lining up for the blu-ray.. all I'm saying

Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man were all awesome movies. I'm curious on what more you could have wanted instead of the usual "Fights, more fights, and lots of story but not too much story where it takes away from the 2+ hours of fighting".

Both Hulk movies were bad but I hear they are not using those for the Avengers so that's good news. I never liked Hulk so that might be why.

Too bad DC can't make any good movies other than Batman, because I would love to see a Justice League movie. Can't blame them entirely though, I heard their license agreement or whatever is a pain to deal with.

Looks interesting to say the least. I wont keep my hopes up though, as comic book themed movies have more often than not left some sort of disappointment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    Too bad DC can't make any good movies other than Batman, because I would love to see a Justice League movie. Can't blame them entirely though, I heard their license agreement or whatever is a pain to deal with.
    DC is owned by Warner Bros. So I can't imagine it would be too difficult. Terrible scripts is the problem. How many writers did Green Lantern have?? 20+?? good grief..

15+ Year Old Account
    The poor move by Marvel here is that if The Avengers bombs and doesnt live up to the expectations of teasing about it ever since Edward Norten played The Hulk in 06 i think, then all the other movies with those superheroes will bomb, they will feel smaller, and pointless. They're already setting release dates for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2, why? Just stick them in The Avengers, once all the superheroes are together, what's the point of them breaking apart and fighting yet another mysterious enemy.

Deleted
    I am a huge Marvel fan, so I'm looking forward to this shit.
    I saw Captain America last night, and I really liked it. What comes to Nazi's writing city names into their bombs in english, the director wants the audience to see where they are heading. In case you didn't notice, they speak perfect english aswell. The bomb not exploding was weird indeed, I give you that.

I haven't seen Thor yet, but I should check it out soonish. Like everyone else, it seems, I didn't like Hulk, but Iron Man was awesome.

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    Agreed. While I like the idea of the Avengers movie, and love onscreen buildup, I feel like it'll still fizzle.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Agreed. While I like the idea of the Avengers movie, and love onscreen buildup, I feel like it'll still fizzle.
    I loved all of them except for the incredible Hulk which no matter how much I tried to like, I kept falling asleep :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post

Nikolaj Winding Refn have been talking about making a Wonder Woman movie with Christina Hendricks as her.

Crazy cast on Avengers, wonder if the characters will be competing of attention so to speak. X men worked for me because you had wolverine as protagonist. I think i would prefere Downey jr as "main" character in Avengers - most interesting person imo. Oh and Lou Ferrigno as Hulk sounds great.

Hulk was bad.
    Thor was bad.
    Capt. America was bad.
    Weird, because I enjoyed the Incredible Hulk
    Didnt see Thor
    Cap 'Merica was good, i knew nothing about the hero going in. Did a good job explaining who he is and what he stands for.
    Iron Man was amazing.

Avengers should be really good.

The problem with any ensemble movie is giving all the characters enough screen time. I think they're really going to struggle with the Avengers unless they make it a 3+ hour movie. I love most of the stuff that Joss Whedon comes up with, but I don't know if any director can handle the 10 (?) major characters that they're trying to cram into the movie.