Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Pretty sure if you watched the original Thor movie, Loki mentions that there are other ways between worlds besides the Bi-Frost. That is how he gets those ice people across the first time to interrupt the starting ceremony.
    Really if Odin wants Thor to go back to earth to get Loki pretty sure Odin can make it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    He is sort of purple-ish, maybe it was the angle :P

A bunch of people around us were gasping and saying Redskull because of that I think -_- I facepalmed.
    Well according to IMDB, it says that its Red Skull with Thanos. If Red Skull is in the next one Id be pretty happy. Hugo Weaving played him very well IMO in Captain America.

Ahhhghh! Can't wait to see this movie today! Been so looking forward to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    TOO SHORT it needed like hour and a half more to be perfect!
    you'll get 30 more minutes on the blu ray as Wedon has said.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    How can anyone mistake Thanos for Redskull? Thanos has big perfectly straight white teeth. And the whole courting Death thing was a really obvious reference.
    true, but a lot of people who don't know big T might not get it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Gotta love video game logic. Thanos with the full Infinity Gauntlet losing to Wolverine. I can't even think of an appropriate analogy lol.
    a comic reading you? A fly squashing a human? hmmm yep, pretty much impossible... did T turn wolvie's bones to rubber in IG?

First thing that came to mind when i saw thanos was darksied yeah wasn't far off since he was inspired by him anyway whose fucking stupid idea was it to sell spider-man and wolverine ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Thanos how do you date death I can't comprehend why you would want to do that
    Last edited by turlyonlost to tirion wtf; 2012-05-06 at 07:15 PM.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    you'll get 30 more minutes on the blu ray as Wedon has said.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:17 AM ----------

true, but a lot of people who don't know big T might not get it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:19 AM ----------

a comic reading you? A fly squashing a human? hmmm yep, pretty much impossible... did T turn wolvie's bones to rubber in IG?
    Pretty much. With the Gauntlet, he just crapped on the whole army they brought to take him down.

There's no way they could do an Infinity Gauntlet storyline, at least, not one that's true to the comic. Way too many characters to introduce, and with just the Avengers, there wouldn't even be a way to explain them beating Thanos.

I assume we'll get some custom storyline that has Thanos in it, maybe in Thor 2, that will lead into something a bit more sinister for Avenger's 2, but I really doubt it will be Thanos + IG.

AVENGERS breaking records!!

Avengers smashed domestic box office records this weekend, and now stands as having the biggest opening weekend of all time with an estimated $200.3 million.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224395p1.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    The X movies (including Wolverine) were god- awful! Xmen got me into comics and i read it religiously for decades. They botched those movies so bad.
    This sums it up for me.

Overall; amazing film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    AVENGERS breaking records!!

Avengers smashed domestic box office records this weekend, and now stands as having the biggest opening weekend of all time with an estimated $200.3 million.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224395p1.html
    If you take into the effect that the Dark Knight wasn't in 3d and inflation dark knight would have made more money.Either way thou that is an insane amount for an opening day weekend. 500 million world gross is amazing as well since it hasn't been playing long at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    If you take into the effect that the Dark Knight wasn't in 3d and inflation dark knight would have made more money.
    I doubt inflation would have covered 42 million more dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I doubt inflation would have covered 42 million more dollars.
    when I went to see dark knight ticket was 8.50 at the Imax in 3d Avengers is 17 dollars. Dark Knight wasn't in 3D which helps newer movies like Avengers,Avatar,and Deathly Hollows part 2.

How do you now must of the tickets were 3d because 3d is shit and what does 3d extra have to do with inflation
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    How do you now must of the tickets were 3d because 3d is shit and what does 3d extra have to do with inflation
    I said 3d and inflation. And I bet 80% of tickets sold in the U.S was in 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely amazing movie. I can't remember the last time I was actually whooping and cheering for the good guys. When Hulk ]grabbed Loki and just beat him into the floor like a ragdoll... absolutely priceless. The theater I was in ERUPTED in laughter, applause and enjoyment.

I'm not much of a 'comic book movie' person in general (though I do enjoy quite a few of them) and really wasn't biting my nails waiting for this. But oh man, I'll be biting my nails waiting for the next movies with these characters. Be it Avengers or their solo acts.

Believe the hype. Avengers is monumentally awesome.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-06 at 09:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    Nick Fury in the Ultimate Marvel universe was originally modeled off of Samuel L. Jackson. Art imitated life/life imitated art, and Sam was cast as Fury after the fact.
    Additionally, the film's Avengers are loosely based on the Ultimates, the Ultimate Marvel equivalent of the Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Additionally, the film's Avengers are loosely based on the Ultimates, the Ultimate Marvel equivalent of the Avengers.
    Not exactly, it takes inspiration from both the Ultimate universe and the Main universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Yeah since they started making Marvel movies again in the early 2000's they have used the Ultimate universe for movies and the other way around as well. It's the same reason SpiderMan shoots webs out of his wrist out of nowere in the comics he had a cartridge that shot out webbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Maybe hold off on that plan. I remember a lot of people getting the batman logo from the 89 flick as tattoos. Kinda lame now..
    *Cringe* I always hated the yellow logo. I'm trying to think of something that could be tattooed over it with the same color scheme. A honey bee maybe? That might be slightly cooler.

Deleted
    Shit movie. high def special effects, lots of destruction, no real thread to the story and nerd jokes without the funny nerd part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Absolutely amazing movie. I can't remember the last time I was actually whooping and cheering for the good guys. When Hulk (SPOILER, mouse over text to read) grabbed Loki and just beat him into the floor like a ragdoll... absolutely priceless. The theater I was in ERUPTED in laughter, applause and enjoyment.

I'm not much of a 'comic book movie' person in general (though I do enjoy quite a few of them) and really wasn't biting my nails waiting for this. But oh man, I'll be biting my nails waiting for the next movies with these characters. Be it Avengers or their solo acts.

Believe the hype. Avengers is monumentally awesome.
    I Agree 100%!!! Loved the movie, the entire theater loved the movie, and everyone walking out was talking about it big time-