Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best movie I've seen in a while, quite easily in fact.

I want a gif of Hulk smashing Loki, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen in a movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from it as well. Really awesome flick. Kept a really good pace, had a good story and the action was probably the best you can see in any movie. I thought all the characters managed to work well together, even though I had some reservations about that going in. Also a lot of really good fan service moments sprinkled in perfectly.

If I had one complaint it would be that some of the one liners were a bit out of place and got a little too frequent towards the end, but all in all it didn't detract too much from the overall experience.

The best part was The Hulk smashing Loki around like a ragdoll. It worked perfectly for some reason and the expression on his face afterwords was priceless.

Go see it. 10/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    See I have to disagree with the "too many jokes" crowd. I thought all of them were well placed and timed. I do believe there should have been a joke about Captain having issues with planes considering he is always jumping from them, or crashing in them.

I think the most amusing spot was Hulk sucker punching Thor. Well, that or Hulk whooping some puny god ass.

[Movies] Someone explain this Avengers line to me

Not sure if this qualifies as a spoiler or not since it was just a snarky one liner from none-other than Tony Stark, but if you are still reading you obviously don't care about potential spoilers or have seen the movie. That being said, can someone explain the "Point Break" reference? Either it is way over my head or it's right in front of my face and I just don't see it like the Deloris/Clitoris situation in Seinfeld. Either way, I'm pretty sure the Legolas line was the best Stark one liner in this movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's referencing the 90's Swayze flick Point Break.

Also, merging to the main movie thread, I don't see this as being a spoiler at all.

Honestly now im excited for the Avengers 2 and I am rarely excited about sequels. I know it's impossible but it would be awesome to be able to work Wolverine or Spiderman into the Avengers, despite both the franchises being butchered because Marvel had no say in what happened.

Wolverine, maybe. But for the love of god, leave Spiderman out. I just hate everything about him. The cast they have right now is perfect, i'd rather they keep it as it is.
    Last edited by Arrow91; 2012-05-05 at 04:13 PM.

It's been a LONG time since I've seen the audience actively engaged in the movie. Clapping during and after the movie. People know what they like and having strong characters and development is something we want back. The trend of halfassed or empty action films is old.
    The audience was a good part of the experience of the movie. It was great. One of the best I've seen in a long time. As for one joke.. it was gold when it was said; nostalgic gold.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Wolverine, maybe. But for the love of god, leave Spiderman out. I just hate everything about him. The cast they have right now is perfect, i'd rather they keep it as it is.
    If they finish the current storyline they will bring in both Spiderman and Wolverine, as well as a lot of other heroes. The events depicted in The Avengers movie parallel the start of the Infinity Gauntlet event.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Infinity_Gauntlet_Vol_1_1
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Thanos_%28Earth-616%29

Deleted
    I'm a HUGE fan of this movie, put together great storylines for each of the characters (so much stronger than Spiderman3 and X-Men 2&3 characters), Capt America is still coming to terms with his new place in time... I am sure the sequel (to both this and cpt America) will see his leadership role develop further.

3D - this is just a joke, for most films that aren't Avatar, off to see it again tonight in traditional 2d

Point Break - it's a surfer's reference (and a surfer film title of early 90's) and the inference is to Thor looking like a surfer in the world of Tony Stark

The new Hulk is great, although I also liked the Ed-Norton version too.... but I will watch out for a new Hulk movie with improved interest.

As for the sequel and new characters, it'd be a really huge challenge to bring in more (without taking some out - black widow and hawkeye maybe?) and create the same level of intensity this film has, unless ofc they made it a huge 2 or 3 part project.
    Last edited by mmoc3b1dfad2aa; 2012-05-05 at 04:35 PM.

I have no idea on how they're going to deal with Thanos. He's way too powerful for any of them ESPECIALLY if he gets his infinity gauntlet or has it. With the infinity gauntlet, he destroyed half of the universe's population just by wishing it. If he loses to the Avengers on some technicality, then that won't do Thanos any justice. The best they can do his just hope Thanos leaves the Earth alone and try to persuade him to do so in some way.

This is how it would go down

[video=youtube;QM4Y2j_kC3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM4Y2j_kC3A&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    Last edited by Powerflux; 2012-05-05 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    I have no idea on how they're going to deal with Thanos. He's way too powerful for any of them ESPECIALLY if he gets his infinity gauntlet or has it. With the infinity gauntlet, he destroyed half of the universe's population just by wishing it. If he loses to the Avengers on some technicality, then that won't do Thanos any justice. The best they can do his just hope they leave the Earth alone and try to persuade him to do so in some way.

This is how it would go down

I don't see much of a point in using spoiler tags anymore. The movie's out worldwide now, and people shouldn't visit threads for it if they don't want spoilers.

Anywho. Thanos destroyed a little more than half the universe. He destroyed it entirely. The only reason he was stopped is because after he killed Eternity, the absorption of his power was too much even for Thanos. This turned Thanos into an abstract cosmic entity, but it left his physical body vulnerable. This allowed Nebula to steal the Infinity Gauntlet from him.

Even without that though, I just don't see how the Avengers can handle him. He can destroy planets with a single eye beam. Well, I would say that, but I think everything is nerfed somewhat in Earth-199999. After all, both Thor and the Hulk have the physical strength to destroy the Earth in a single punch. I mean, if Thor used the Godblast he could have killed every enemy in that movie in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    He's referencing the 90's Swayze flick Point Break.

Also, merging to the main movie thread, I don't see this as being a spoiler at all.
    I know the movie, I just don't get the reference. I guess I just didn't get the joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I know the movie, I just don't get the reference. I guess I just didn't get the joke.
    If you do a side-by-side of Hemsworth's Thor and Swayze's Bodhi you will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    If you do a side-by-side of Hemsworth's Thor and Swayze's Bodhi you will get it.
    Okay, so they both have long blondish hair with a beard. I guess it's just not as funny as I was hoping it would be coming from Tony Stark, the Legolas line is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Did anyone else feel like hawk eye deserved much more after watching the movie?
    I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing a Hawkeye movie, but that's only because I'm not a big comic book buff so I had no idea who he was. Same with the Black Widow, I totally forgot she was in IM2. I'd also like to see a Hulk movie with Ruffalo (although the Hulk has been kind of overdone), and I'd like to see a movie on how S.H.I.E.L.D. was formed.
    Last edited by Slonah; 2012-05-05 at 09:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    Maybe because of the free-fall scene in Point Break against the fact that Thor got ejected from that big airship. Might be a stretch.

it was an amazing movie but i just did not like captain america he didnt seem to be do anything good.. same with black widow... but ya it was a pro movie

hulk smashing loki... nuff said

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3668718&t=o

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3666630&t=o

Please watch the size of the images you're posting in threads.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-06 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Honestly now im excited for the Avengers 2 and I am rarely excited about sequels. I know it's impossible but it would be awesome to be able to work Wolverine or Spiderman into the Avengers, despite both the franchises being butchered because Marvel had no say in what happened.
    marvel would have to first get the rights back and make their own Spider-man(cause this one looks to be a stinker) and X-men movies, cause i highly doubt they're going to keep giving money to sony and fox studios.

also its Spider-man, the hyphen is kinda important here... i don't know exactly why......

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie was incredible - in fact I haven't felt this sense of epicness since Return of the King. REALLY excited for the sequel, if there is one.