Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    its sad to say, cose i fighted with all casters in my guild that this staf is as good for ele as for any other class, but after comparing logs it looks like it give doting clases far more than any direct dmg caster,
    from what i read and checked on logs, this staff proc can coppy any direct spell or dot dmg, copied spell is in both cases shown as Wrath of Tarecgosa dmg in logs, just proc chance for direct spells is awfully low compared to proc chance for dots

here you have logs with our lock that have legendar, we dont have rogues tho so he didynt get any tots
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7806&e=8186

Wrath of Tarecgosa is doing around 8% of his total dps compared to ~1% of this shaman seems like waste of weapon overall
    Last edited by kosajk; 2011-08-28 at 01:01 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

well he seems to rank without the legendary in the last month so...i think he's doing SOMETHING right.

right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    its sad to say, cose i fighted with all casters in my guild that this staf is as good for ele as for any other class, but after comparing logs it looks like it give doting clases far more than any direct dmg caster, from what i read and checked on logs, this staff proc can coppy any direct spell or dot dmg, copied spell is in both cases shown as Wrath of Tarecgosa dmg in logs, just proc chance for direct spells is awfully low compared to proc chance for dots

here you have logs with our lock that have legendar, we dont have rogues tho so he didynt get any tots

Wrath of Tarecgosa is doing around 8% of his total dps compared to ~1% of this shaman seems like waste of weapon overall
    That's because the lock is Affliction, which is very DoT-focused, and only DoT ticks actually go into the combat log as "Wrath of Tarecgosa". Normal hard-cast spells appear as an exact duplicate of the spell it copied. This has been known for weeks now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's because the lock is Affliction, which is very DoT-focused, and only DoT ticks actually go into the combat log as "Wrath of Tarecgosa". Normal hard-cast spells appear as an exact duplicate of the spell it copied. This has been known for weeks now.
    idd i read again logs of guy with it and you are right thanks good for that

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

42k is quite good, but with tricks, PI and not having to use a global for hero, I would have expected more. If he went from 30k to 42k after getting the legendary, a 12k increase, then 47k should be well within our reach. Considering that we already have two shamans, Ремма and Kytkis, pulling over 35k without the staff.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if 50k was broken before the end of this patch. That is if blizzard doesn't nerf the staff of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarsen View Post
    42k is quite good, but with tricks, PI and not having to use a global for hero, I would have expected more. If he went from 30k to 42k after getting the legendary, a 12k increase, then 47k should be well within our reach. Considering that we already have two shamans, Ремма and Kytkis, pulling over 35k without the staff.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if 50k was broken before the end of this patch. That is if blizzard doesn't nerf the staff of course.
    Doubtful.

I'm more than confident that Knobey could have pulled 35k+ on baleroc pre-staff if our guild didn't have him tanking crystals in a very specific way (respec'ing for damage mitigation, saving glyph'd elemental mastery to mitigate the crystal damage, etc.). It was an inefficient strategy that cost him a lot of personal DPS. You can look at his parses on Shannox as a comparison (2x 35k parses in the weeks immediately pre-staff, 44.5k post-staff).

A lot of guilds don't require their arcane mages to soak crystals, because movement destroys their DPS (and they're not really good at soaking, anyway). The rise in baleroc dps for them is similar (~34-36k pre-staff, 42-44k post-staff), and that includes them being fed buffs like tricks and PI after getting the legendary.

Also, it's worth pointing out that duplicate spells from the staff seem to be ignoring internal cooldowns on trinkets and various enchants. You can see that pretty clearly in this parse (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8217&e=8591), with theralion's mirror having a 41%+ uptime and lightweave having 46%+. That's a pretty obvious bug, so if anything I'd expect to see the numbers go down before they start rising back up again with higher ilvls.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2011-08-28 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can do 35k on shannox more easily than baleroc b/c of multi-dotting with flame shock

What do you mean about ignoring internal CDs on trinkets however, is the trinket's proc staying active for all of the staff's procs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat? View Post
    you can do 35k on shannox more easily than baleroc b/c of multi-dotting with flame shock
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2378&e=2607 (note: he died shortly before the boss did because we lost the tanks)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...607&target=145
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...607&target=147
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...607&target=150

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat? View Post
    What do you mean about ignoring internal CDs on trinkets however, is the trinket's proc staying active for all of the staff's procs or something?
    Staff procs can proc a trinket buff within the trinket's internal cooldown. This also applies to the tailoring cloak enchant.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2011-08-28 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    its sad to say, cose i fighted with all casters in my guild that this staf is as good for ele as for any other class, but after comparing logs it looks like it give doting clases far more than any direct dmg caster,
    from what i read and checked on logs, this staff proc can coppy any direct spell or dot dmg, copied spell is in both cases shown as Wrath of Tarecgosa dmg in logs, just proc chance for direct spells is awfully low compared to proc chance for dots

tbh i dont think you have read the prev posts about the proc....holders of the legendary have stated that direct spell copied by the staff doesnt show up as wrath of teragosa in the logs but as the normal spell only dots does show up as wrath of teragosa....
    put the other spellcasters down and tell em how things work

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    I'm totaly interested in that Totemspot discussion about wether spirit hit conversion does or does not affect our fire elemental.
    At this moment I'm reforging any hit I have on gear to spirit, so I can push out every little mp/5 I can get, even if it's only usefull out of combat.

Can anyone give a totemspot link for this?

Unless I'm missing something, I haven't reforged spirit to hit. (Mainly because im MS resto and use a lot of pieces for both sets.)

I'm currently sitting on the hit cap of 17% with all of it coming from spirit. I've been sitting in front of the boss target dummy for nearly 20 minutes with my Elemental out and have yet to see a single miss.

Although anecdotal, I'm inclined to believe its either a myth about the spirit>hit conversion with elemental totem, or its more to do with the draenei racial. (I'm a dwarf)

I'll keep trying to find a miss though.

EDIT: Close to an hour now, still no misses.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2011-08-31 at 12:06 PM. Reason: update!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    A hour of Fire elemental uptime? If so, then call it a day. No miss in 1 hour proves pretty much that myth is busted

So if it is really about draenei their 1% hit racial, then they could compensate with extra spirit (or hit) for a total of 18% to max out hit on fire elemental aswell then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    Or he could just be a noob....he'd be better off reforging excess hit to mastery or haste if he knew what he was doing.

As far as fire ele goes, he can check the logs and see how many times it missed...if he knew how and im sure it would read 0.
    you jelly good sir?

ot: very awesome dps!
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, I haven't reforged spirit to hit. (Mainly because im MS resto and use a lot of pieces for both sets.)

I'm currently sitting on the hit cap of 17% with all of it coming from spirit. I've been sitting in front of the boss target dummy for nearly 20 minutes with my Elemental out and have yet to see a single miss.

Although anecdotal, I'm inclined to believe its either a myth about the spirit>hit conversion with elemental totem, or its more to do with the draenei racial. (I'm a dwarf)

I'll keep trying to find a miss though.

This is why I believed that that myth had been debunked because no Horde memeber had reported anything about their Fire elemental missing only Dreanei players infact on totemspot in the thread about this their is a member who posted his findings about testing this on a Dreanei charactor and then on a Horde character only to produce the results that said that Dreanei Elementals had a 1% miss chance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I really wanna know is, if Tarecgosa's effect launches a similair spell, can Elemental Overload proc from it?

or, even better, can Tarecgosa proc from an Elemental Overload and procs another Elemental Overload (so 4 similair spells for 1)?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Is it any good in arenas?

Can't help but note with amusement the DMC:V :/

I mean, it was obviously (italicized for sarcasm) so bad and unintended for DMC:H to be BiS for enhance as the tiers progressed.

But no problem that DMC:V is still BiS for, what, every single caster class even at 384 ilvl topping WoL?

Sigh.

Nice damage though. Got to admit, I also came back with the same "WTF" about spirit -> hit. Glad I didn't get back first? Of course, the "troll" was quite abrasive from the get go... but you were never going to reverse that attitude by equally rudely telling them they were wrong, and thus must be a troll, when they weren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was also given Tricks 21 times and Power Infusion twice. I'm assuming they also just let him cast freely the entire fight and not have to worry about shards. This log is sskewed pretty badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majyqman View Post
    Can't help but note with amusement the DMC:V :/

I mean, it was obviously (italicized for sarcasm) so bad and unintended for DMC:H to be BiS for enhance as the tiers progressed.

But no problem that DMC:V is still BiS for, what, every single caster class even at 384 ilvl topping WoL?
    DMC:V is BiS because of straight stats. It will likely fall off that list this tier, as T13 trinkets will move beyond it in power.

The issue with Hurricane was that it scaled with Enhancement's Mastery, since it dealt Nature damage which was boosted by the Mastery. This could mean it would continue to remain relevant for much longer, solely because of how it interacted with Mastery. That feedback wasn't intended, and that's why they changed it. The two situations aren't comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk
    He was also given Tricks 21 times and Power Infusion twice. I'm assuming they also just let him cast freely the entire fight and not have to worry about shards. This log is sskewed pretty badly.
    The same is true for most top logs. That's what people to do push their numbers up. It doesn't mean it's what you can expect under normal conditions, and nobody's ever really thought that.