Bring back polearms for hunters! (only for the sake of mogging)

Am i the only one who wants blizzard to implement polearms for hunters "again"? Just for the sake of transmogrification, so it will be like a "cosmetic" weapon slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyland View Post
    Am i the only one who wants blizzard to implement polearms for hunters "again"? Just for the sake of transmogrification, so it will be like a "cosmetic" weapon slot?
    I used to enjoy the look of having a staff or pole arm just hanging there. Made you feel ready if you had to just beat the crap out of something

I was just thinking about the other day. Signature pole arms like Black Ice were a big part of my character back in the day, it would be nice to have them as an option in xmog.

Mm...Kinda miss my Stat-Stick or even double-swords for the ranger feel...

In lieu of a Blizzard update, it's probably possible for someone to create an addon that would automatically swap to a designated weapon when combat ends/begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Wont happen because they legit dont care, otherwise we wouldnt have had them removed completely randomly and with no acknowledgement of the pages of complaints.

I would love to use all the weapons I collected over the years but without being able to actually use them, whats the point. Its completely lame but thats the inspired direction the Hunter class went in. Unfortunately however, a lot of people dont care so long as the numbers are bigger, how fun a class is doesnt seem to matter much.
    No, what you means is that you don't get the answer you want, therefore anyone who disagrees with you is uncaring or wrong.
    Happy people do not generally yell on the forums trying to garner support, so this "lot" you think you see isn't as representative as you like to believe it is.
    And why should such a change be for hunters, and not for everyone.
    I personally like the look of some polearms over staves, but as a warlock I do not have that option.

Plus how would you handle animations of abilities, given how you can't do your shots from a polearm.
    Does the polearm spontaneously change into a bow upon entering combat, upon using an ability.
    The only option I see there is for it to be placed on the characters back.

Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    In lieu of a Blizzard update, it's probably possible for someone to create an addon that would automatically swap to a designated weapon when combat ends/begins.
    Not likely to change, given how you can even swap weapons during combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, what you means is that you don't get the answer you want, therefore anyone who disagrees with you is uncaring or wrong.
    Happy people do not generally yell on the forums trying to garner support, so this "lot" you think you see isn't as representative as you like to believe it is.
    And why should such a change be for hunters, and not for everyone.
    I personally like the look of some polearms over staves, but as a warlock I do not have that option.

Plus how would you handle animations of abilities, given how you can't do your shots from a polearm.
    Does the polearm spontaneously change into a bow upon entering combat, upon using an ability.
    The only option I see there is for it to be placed on the characters back.

Not likely to change, given how you can even swap weapons during combat.
    You didn't use it before, it just sat on your back unless you went melee huntard then it would be in your hand till you used a ranged ability.

Personally I thought it looked badass, especially heroic Bloodfall with heroic T10 and heroic Zod's Repeating Longbow. My favorite hunter tmog and would be complete with that amazing polearm on my back

EDIT: Just got an idea: they should let hunters tmog capes to polearms, wouldn't have to add a tmog slot that way and it makes you decide if you want to lose your cape for the polearm.
    Last edited by Ludafrank; 2015-01-26 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    I miss having twin Netherbanes dangling from my belt!

I miss 2h from Deathwing so cool tmog