Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    there's not a whole lot up there. just wait till we decide to start mining in space. we'll be back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post

I'm sure they poured a lot of money to cover up the fake first moon landing (had to beat those russians that much) and when they eventually did make it they found it was a waste of money
    Tell me why going , where peopple wanted to go for thousands of years..is a waist of money?

and i think exploring never is a waist of money, war is a waist of money, cayse you dont reach anything with it. Exploring and learning how ever, worth every cent.
    Last edited by mmoc6976f30cf4; 2011-08-27 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    there's not a whole lot up there. just wait till we decide to start mining in space. we'll be back.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm waiting to see if NASA discovers some kind of rare mineral on the Moon - and then corporations will be flocking to it.

I'm sure they poured a lot of money to cover up the fake first moon landing
    You're joking, right? Please say you're joking...

and i think exploring never is a waist of money,
    Two things. First, it's not that anyone thinks exploring is a waste of money; it's that we have more things to explore than we can afford, so we have to pick and choose. I'd say that the moon is fairly low on the list right now since we've already been there.

Second, we still explore the moon somewhat - we just don't need to actually *be there* to do it so much anymore. We have all kinds of telescopes and other instruments nowadays that can tell us quite a bit.

Space race aside, the moon really isn't that interesting.

Exploration is a lot easier using drones, and the lack of water in any form means that permanent bases would be way too costly.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I'd love if they explored Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. There's a chance they might find life there.

( http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/...Object=Jupiter )

Deleted
    Well they are gathering ressources to do more major investigations...or else said...ancient aliens!

Unless you are going to the Moon to set up a base or do some important research why bother? Playing golf and doing laps with a cart is hardly worth the taxpayer money spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Tell me why going , where peopple wanted to go for thousands of years..is a waist of money?

and i think exploring never is a waist of money, war is a waist of money, cayse you dont reach anything with it. Exploring and learning how ever, worth every cent.
    WASTE = stuff i throw away, WAIST = that thing i put a belt around

They Just scared of Decepticons.

Welll since no one want to blow the gasket here it comes, Also my main thoughts have always been this :

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, sadly there's no point to sending humans there. We send drones there all the time, though.

The UN has said that the moon cannot be owned or considered a part of any country. There is a military ban on the moon. If that were removed? The Air Force would be all over that shit. Moon bases fucking everywhere. And they could afford it, too. Until then, pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did!

The cost to get there is ridiculous and there's absolutely nothing there. The moon is quite literally just a floating chunk of rock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lack of funding mostly. By the end of the Apollo program there were already plans for the shuttle fleet. I'm sure a lot of funding went into that. Now the budget has been cut back quite a lot. Their planning to start to use SpaceX's Falcon series including the impressive Falcon Heavy to lift cargo starting late this year I believe. Testing for the Dragon is probably underway as well for use as a crew vehicle.

Deleted
    always guessed they just found it boring there, spent all that time and money, and all they got was a dusty old rock, i would be disapointed to :P

Deleted
    It was pointless to go there without advances in technology and it cost a lot, not to mention the risks on the lives of the astronauts.

They couldn't establish a base there, they could just walk around for a few minutes and plant flags, which was ultimately pointless. Robots were much cheaper and provided more scientific knowledge.

Deleted
    they will go back there, when they find a more efficient method for the flight than blasting massive amounts of fuel into the air

or they fear whats on the dark side of the moon (not the transformer thingy but this one http://www.ironsky.net/)^^

this is why
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Deleted

No This is why.

lets throw in the first one to.

And no they do not promote nazism its supposed to be a comedy/scifi movie about the space nazis or something like that they are gonna get their asses kicked.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-08-27 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarumaru View Post
    they will go back there, when they find a more efficient method for the flight than blasting massive amounts of fuel into the air

or they fear whats on the dark side of the moon (not the transformer thingy but this one http://www.ironsky.net/)^^
    Actually, NASA recently stated that they saw something similar to lava flows on the other side of the moon. They used to think the moon was just a solid chunk of rock. Now? "We have no idea what's really going on inside of the moon."

The next moon rover aims to figure that one out.