Cauterizing Flame Tracker

I've been looking for a way to track this for ever and all the threads I've seen people either don't know or they say you can do it with power auras and as far as I can see you can't. It shows up as a pet on recount if you show pets in main window but wont add to my healing on there and on WoL its not attributed to me either. On top of that both the proc, the summoned pet/totem, and the heal it casts are all called Cauterizing Flame only with different ID numbers.

If anyone has any idea on how to track when its up and or the ICD that would be nice, was hoping to have an icon of some sort from power auras when its up and then a smaller faded one when its on ICD but it doesn't want to cooperate.

15+ Year Old Account

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

The things mentioned in that thread don't work. I had read/tried that whole thing before I posted this

15+ Year Old Account
    If there's nothing posted in that thread, I'm not sure what kind of answer you hope to receive by posting a brand new thread?

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    If there's nothing posted in that thread, I'm not sure what kind of answer you hope to receive by posting a brand new thread?
    was hoping to catch someones eye who had figured out a way

I was the one that posted that other thread ^^ And I still haven't found a way to track my Cauterizing Flame I've sort of given up on a way to track it and just look out for when it spawns. Sorry that this probably doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I was the one that posted that other thread ^^ And I still haven't found a way to track my Cauterizing Flame I've sort of given up on a way to track it and just look out for when it spawns. Sorry that this probably doesn't help.
    Yeah...this was sort of the last ditch effort if you will. Stupid that power auras doesn't know how to recognize it but oh well.

Mik's Scrolling Battle Text will show you who it is healing when it's up, but I haven't a clue how to make recount track it as part of your healing.

Deleted
    I wrote a tracker in WeakAuras to do exactly this, if people would like me to I can share it here.

You can see it in action around the 1:20 mark just on top of Healbot on the left hand side.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhxQ4VcHQ9U

Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text will show you who it is healing when it's up, but I haven't a clue how to make recount track it as part of your healing.
    yeah I have miks showing it and for recount you have to check off the show in main window pet checkbox in the options panel

and posix I'm looking at the video and I really don't see what you're pointing out, maybe I'm blind.

I first pose the question, why track the cool down? It's not like we can control when it procs. It's one of those "nice to have bonuses but we can't do anything about it". Simply: who cares? I'm one for "more data is better" when it comes to my Ui, but in this case... Meh.

Secondly, power auras can't track it because we dont gain a buff from it. I've made a power aura for rapture bc you can start the timer from the moment your combat logs registers the buff for it. However there is no selfbuff when we get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    and posix I'm looking at the video and I really don't see what you're pointing out, maybe I'm blind.
    Just above HealBot, as you can see in these two screenshots.

i.imgur.com/BOH9a.png

i.imgur.com/xwmSA.png

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Secondly, power auras can't track it because we dont gain a buff from it. I've made a power aura for rapture bc you can start the timer from the moment your combat logs registers the buff for it. However there is no selfbuff when we get it.
    WeakAuras, the superior alternative, can though.

Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post

WeakAuras, the superior alternative, can though.
    As relevant as a pissing contest about mods is, see my first point. What do you gain from tracking it? It's not like you're going to stop casting to "save" the proc.

As relevant as a pissing contest about mods is, see my first point. What do you gain from tracking it? It's not like you're going to stop casting to "save" the proc.
    Although he could have kept from making a WeakAuras vs PowerAuras comment, the fact that WeakAuras can do this and PowerAuras cannot is definitely relevant to the original post. Of course like you said, tracking it is also irrelevant.

Deleted
    If anyone does want it, the import string is as follows:
    Code:
    dWJpiaGAQK06Lk1lvvL2fbv2gv0mvvvZLanBv6MsL8nrIBtODQWEr7wO9RQYpfO(Rumoc4ZIQHkvzWkvnCQWbPsCyIoMkoNaXcfPwkvsTyvLLtvpuj6PGLjONdzIQQIMQQmzfnDjxuQORQQkCzsxNsBuadtjTzrz7eKttXxPsIPrL67IKEMuASeu1OLkmEPQojbLBPu5AkLZReESiETaPFd18WhbjFSiGi4pPKcbrctct(iG0BwpSjwesh87fCx)3zGhbZKG7F7bTiCXYjFe84RYhbr7Tm8XIflcEn3GJVfouc5ES1bbTVdzCQtMMfHe(44WhbSTUMOY0esWxSNpooCC4iKJdhTCC4WnhhweMgKJRCXt7xe65Xjj6KGmPm4iIpcOs6l(imXn5xCQ8JWe3GW24KPjGW24KGWIL6ZKjQGUmN4isqxrLb1fRxIeShov17I1lrDPtJuqaBJtKGDc9CX1)9iC48CctCJOIqYCLFeqyBC2K0Hmg1lbiGWZIfHYBYZvpFeqyRprTrtrWXvUq9eqyRprjSuAl1B62eZ)TpWvkQeMwVSm4iHnc1chkbvinwesSOcl20HzQekJOojyJQqASiugrDsa5qV3HuujSuAl1B62eZ)TpWvkQeSiTXgnfttWI0ge26tu(rWI0gtPIdPOY0eSiTb5qV3HuuzAci7NkKglWMLz6tOb(JU6k4bblsBqyRprTrtXpcwK2mvuzJMIFeuH0yryjw8tw)2)poNGPuXHuu5yLfHpPFj(I98XXHbC2ggMY6QZT22Wucsqwz2UTwoczaNhboUpNWT2WTwNHHmB3wlhTmGZJah3Nt4wB4wRZWqMTBRLfbhECUxrOEEnXGm4ihReUy5KpcwK2KCLiettWJVkFeeT3YWhlweIsrLqpmY0NGfPnrPOY0esUseIpcitm)Qe65AH1j8yXIqgowGPBLJZHGxZn44BHdLG06LFspbtcoYpclcoldPfh7cD7KqP9lRxjaIyC1bH(bNLH0IJDN1vcFYKGM7X24Cj(I98XHBooSiyMeC)BpO1V9UKugHuczEPOcLxwso2iKQzwDWXzDLGRArLjBbH)7mWJqP9RL4l2ZhhhgqGTtOtbC2U52TaRPSgYSDBTSyXriFeW26AIkttyAqoUYfpTFrONhNKOtclcoldPfh7cD7Kq5n55QNpciS1NO2OPi44kxOEciS1NOewkTL6nDBI5)2h4kfvctRxwgCKW2kHAHdLGkKglcMsfhsrLJvci7NkKglWMLz6tOb(JU6k4bbBufsJfHYiQtcQqASiSel(jRF7)hNtWI0ge26tu(rWI0gtPIdPOY0eSiTb5qV3HuuzAcwK2GWwFIAJMIFeSiTzQOYgnf)iyrAJnAkMMaYHEVdPOsyP0wQ30TjM)BFGRuujKyrfwSPdZujugrDYIWN0VeFXE(44WaoBddtzD15wBBykbjiRmB3wlhHmGZJah3Nt4wB4wRZWqMTBRLJwgW5rGJ7ZjCRnCR1zyiZ2T1YIGdpo3RiupVMyqgCKJvcxSCYhblsBsUseIPj4XxLpcI2Bz4JflcrPOsOhgz6tWI0MOuuzAcjxjcXhbKjMFvc9CTW6eESyridhlW0TYX5qibFXE(44WXHJqooC0YXHd3CCyrWR5gC8TWHsqA9YpPNGmPm4iIpcOs6l(imXn5xCQ8JWe3GW24KFeM4grfHK5k)iGW24KGWIL6ZKjQGUmN4isqxrLb1fRxIeShov17I1lrDPtJuqaBJtKGDc9CX1)9iC48CciSnoBs6qgJ6Laeq4zXIGmAeLLbh5JaQK(Ipco8kslczYPYIfHs7xwVsacQMQoj4QwuzYwq4)od8iyMeC)BpO1V9cB5FsiZlfvO8YsYrlHunZQdooRReKZPPm4O82uEtEU6r8XIq)GZYqAXXUZ6kbtcoYpcL2VwIVypFCCyab2oHofWz7MB3cSMYAiZ2T1YIflccXXX96klsa

I first pose the question, why track the cool down? It's not like we can control when it procs. It's one of those "nice to have bonuses but we can't do anything about it". Simply: who cares? I'm one for "more data is better" when it comes to my Ui, but in this case... Meh.

It isn't the most important thing you can track but it would let me say okay its up the tank can survive another melee while I move for seeds on rag or something like that. Knowing when it CAN proc could be good for if the whole raid is around 70% and you want to heal them up, before some significant damage and in doing so you would have to use a CD on the tank or just have him be lower health for a bit. If you see it can proc you could stay tank healing efficiently and watch it proc and heal up 5 raid members plus the odd CoH/Chain Heal etc without bothering to do much yourself. Situational but useful and nice to know about on the fly.

edit: Also theoretically power auras should be able to track it as it is a pet and or a totem or even as a spell cast on a party or raid member but it wont for whatever odd reason

I see now what you were talking about I'll check it out. Hopefully it can be used alongside power auras and I hope little bars aren't the only option :S

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 07:03 PM ----------

WeakAuras is definitely worth it thanks for the help, pretty much better than power auras in every way.
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-08-28 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    I see now what you were talking about I'll check it out. Hopefully it can be used alongside power auras and I hope little bars aren't the only option :S
    You can make it show literally whatever you want, every model in-game can be used, all bar backgrounds, animations etc etc. I don't want to get too much into it; this thread isn't about WeakAuras - it's just a solution to a "problem" I had (and you had too).