Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    Alright I suppose. Thanks everyone! ^-^
    Sorry if I edited my post back and forth there, I'm a bit tired. Try rendering the video to 1340x1072 and see if that fixes the black bar issue.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Try rendering in 1280x720. Might work then.
    He wants it to be 1080p sized video, and not 720p. The whole point is, afaik, to have the video at the best quality setting.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying 1350x1072.

No bars, as blurry as originally. I guess it's just down to choosing. I can't have both because dispite the fact that
    my monitor is a nice size (20 inches height 10 inches width I think) because it's an older monitor
    Last edited by Garneth; 2011-08-27 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Trying 1350x1072.
    *1340x1072 ^^ you will change the pixels size otherwise which will give you a fuzzy image where it needs to compensate (around the 900th pixel?).

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Sorry if I edited my post back and forth there, I'm a bit tired. Try rendering the video to 1340x1072 and see if that fixes the black bar issue.

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 08:12 PM ----------

He wants it to be 1080p sized video, and not 720p. The whole point is, afaik, to have the video at the best quality setting.
    All of that resizing will end up with picture quality blurred and bad. Black bars on all sides is the only way to get full 1024 pixels of height included which will yield highest quality.

Changing the height of picture or video will always have biggest impact on quality losing fine details like make chatbox unreadable. Changing width doesn't hurt that much.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm noticing it's really clear on my computer and blurry on youtube -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    All of that resizing will end up with picture quality blurred and bad. Black bars on all sides is the only way to get full 1024 pixels of height included which will yield highest quality.

Changing the height of picture or video will always have biggest impact on quality losing fine details like make chatbox unreadable. Changing width doesn't hurt that much.
    Well, by rendering it to 1920x1080 (or x1072) you are increasing pixel size by ~.05% anyway. He's better off rendering it without the bars tbh. If he was to render it to the native resolution, Youtube will down-scale anyway which will give about 60% pixel size and the video will look horrible compared to the original.

Edit: anyway, it was unclear to me if Youtube would accept 1340x1072 video as "HD 1080p" video. Seems they don't. Might want to try 1350x1080, but I'm almost positive that won't work. Sorry OP, seems your problem is Youtube.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also noticing that with the 1340 x 1072 it only allows for 720p and not 1080 I guess for the reason already posted on page 1

Deleted
    I'm also noticing that with the 1340 x 1072 it only allows for 720p and not 1080 I guess for the reason already posted on page 1
    Read my previous post. 1350x1080 might fix it, but I doubt it will. Your problem is unfortunately Youtube. Either render it to 1920x1072 and have the black bars (it might be worth to note that the video will look exceptional on a screen with native 1920x1080 resolution), or render it to native resolution and have it being downscaled to 720p quality/resolution.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well. Christmas is almost around. I'll grab a 16:9 capable monitor at that time. Thanks everyone

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check out my wow videos and you'll see black bars. You get used to it... as much as you hate it. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

There's one more thing you can do, but it takes a lot of tinkering to get right...

Arrange your UI so that you can cut 304 pixels out from top or bottom or both without losing anything important. For example put some addons/guild chat below the picture. Then you can cut the image to 1280x720 and render it as 1280x720. Youtube will eat that as 720p with perfect picture quality and no black bars on any side.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

google any video converter, free video conversion as long as you dont stretch it too far, it looked like you recorded it as such

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    There's one more thing you can do, but it takes a lot of tinkering to get right...

Arrange your UI so that you can cut 304 pixels out from top or bottom or both without losing anything important. For example put some addons/guild chat below the picture. Then you can cut the image to 1280x720 and render it as 1280x720. Youtube will eat that as 720p with perfect picture quality and no black bars on any side.
    Not a bad suggestion actually. Just want to mention that you need to set Vegas up for the 1280x720 resolution and then crop your RAW footage down (from 1024 in height to 720). You loose around ~30% of your RAW footage's height though.

You linked a blocked video afaik. And he is using Vegas, which means there are no needs for converting the RAW footage before you start to work with it. Vegas has perfectly fine solutions for rendering as is.

Edit: Example of a video using the settings in the link I posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTSP5hjXGYA
    Blocked video at your region only, perhaps of the music in it.
    I proposed to NOT use Vegas, but Any Video Converter, because it does a very good job, i dont have Vegas, i dont know exactly what does it do, but AVC is certainly a very easy to use application for that work (encode video). If Vegas have x264 encoding he should try it.

About the resolution talking.
    Basic rules are 2
    1) Stay at the same aspect ratio
    2) Dont try to encode TO a video larger in any dimension than your Source video, better keep it the way (dimension-resolution) it is.

If your source is 1280x1024 you should not change it, any change will result in black borders. And if u do something wrong u might have 2 kinds of borders, 2 borders from your home encoding, and 2 borders from youtube.
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkh View Post
    If your source is 1280x1024 you should not change it, any change will result in black borders. And if u do something wrong u might have 2 kinds of borders, 2 borders from your home encoding, and 2 borders from youtube.
    The issue is however that the 1280x1024 video is viewed by Youtube as "less than 1080p" so it will downscale it to 720p which makes it look pretty awful. The quality loss by increasing the pixel size by .05% might be worth it considering the other option. In either case, the issue here is Youtube's way of "viewing" uploaded videos and totally changing the resolution if it doesn't meet the set requirements.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-27 at 09:00 PM.

Here is a nice guide to optimal rendering options: http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6048

Youtube 1080p video is 1920x1080, and the uploaded video needs to be close to or exceed that resolution to be rendered by Youtube to their 1080p option. You could upscale the raw video footage you have, but it might look weird. Another option is to render it to 1920x1080 with black bars on the side.
    Awesome fucking thanks for this link. Absolute brilliant tutorial and easy to understand. Damn im hungry for frapsing now

[quote]You linked a blocked video afaik. And he is using Vegas, which means there are no needs for converting the RAW footage before you start to work with it. Vegas has perfectly fine solutions for rendering as is.

Edit: Example of a video using the settings in the link I posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTSP5hjXGYA[quote]

Really nice intro. Could you tell me with what you have done it?
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2011-08-27 at 10:32 PM.