10+ Year Old Account

Afflict. + Legendary = ??

So could anyone with good knowledge about the current legendary tell me how this would affect an afflict. lock? Would it cause instant damage equivalent to the dot's total damage over x sec? Or would it just double one single tick?

Because it doesn't seem like a terribly good weapon for afflict locks besides the very-superior stats.
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Deleted
    There were several threads in here and there is one on EJ, but I don't want that you have to bother using Google one time, so: It copies one tick and as it has no internal cd it is at least as good for Affliction Warlocks as for Arcane Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by tennis125 View Post
    So could anyone with good knowledge about the current legendary tell me how this would affect an afflict. lock? Would it cause instant damage equivalent to the dot's total damage over x sec? Or would it just double one single tick?

Because it doesn't seem like a terribly good weapon for afflict locks besides the very-superior stats.
    It copies Ticks of a DoT. It can Copy shadow bolts and other things. But I'm pretty sure it copies DoT ticks individually. Wouldn't it be neat if it added a secondary version of the same DoT =3

Quote Originally Posted by tennis125 View Post

Go and read the other thread in this very forum regarding the legendary staff stuff. Alot of info and logs from various specs including affliction.

= gladiator i believe is the correct answer.

Dots are affected on an individual tick basis. Single ticks can proc the legendary and are applied as Wrath of Taracgosa.

Shadow Bolt and other similar spells are just copied and an extra shadow bolt is fired. The damage will show on damage meters as another shadow bolt.

Spells like Shadowflame can proc the legendary and refresh the DoT. For example, you cast shadowflame, deal direct damage and apply the dot. Your initial shadowflame damage procs the legendary and copies itself, dealing damage and applying the dot. As a result, your dot refreshes and gains an extra tick in the same way that if you apply another BoD you will get 5 ticks on the next one instead of 4.

There is an entire thread about this in the warlock section of elitistjerks.