Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Sneak into the room with the main circuit breaker, and flip it

lock the door if possible

or go the the main power breaker outside your house, and turn that one off.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Go plug the shit out of their speakers and yell at the host's face in front of the guests so they know he's a fucking moron.
    You know how much that would backfire? All the party people would just hate you, not the host. You would come across as a massive tool, he would come across as a hero, they would party on in spite lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    You know how much that would backfire? All the party people would just hate you, not the host. You would come across as a massive tool, he would come across as a hero, they would party on in spite lol.
    Yeah I was thinking this. How does yelling at your brother about having a party make HIM look like the moron?

Deleted
    I can happily tell everyone that at 6:30 I got some sleep! I can also tell you that my brother is sooooo dead when our parents come home, seeing that the house + the garden pretty much looks like shite. :3

Thanks for all the awesome support, 'tis was a fun read. o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Vixen- View Post
    I can happily tell everyone that at 6:30 I got some sleep!
    Still say you should've kicked 'em out. Ah well, at least he'll hopefully get into some trouble for being a moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoAskira View Post
    Topics like this make me ask the question in my mind. "Why do people fill the need to post on random forums to seek justification for what action their mind tells them to do?"

We can voice our opinions but in the end you should only listen to your own. If your gut is telling you that you need sleep because you have to work/go to school and your brother doesn't care about you, go with your gut.

I wish you well.
    I dunno, why not? Maybe OP is bored. He probably can't sleep, so what else to do then make a topic asking what to do? I'm not knockin it, just it's something to do. Let's other people have something to do. If someone wants to do it and it's not causing trouble we should let em.

But here's what I say. Being a dick back won't solve anything and will only cause more problems in the long run.

What I mean by that, though, is if you've tried talking to him and being respectful and all that jazz then that's not dickish. As long as you tried your best and warned him that you'll call the cops or whatever, then do what you have to do. Just try to be a cool cat if you can.
    Last edited by Ms Andry; 2011-08-28 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoAskira View Post
    "Why do people fill the need to post on random forums to seek justification for what action their mind tells them to do?"
    This is kind of like saying, "Why do people make threads asking for opinions?" or even just, "Why do people make threads?".

A majority of threads here start off with people asking for other people's opinions. And that's what a lot of threads in general are like on any forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Vixen- View Post
    My brother is having a VERY loud party downstairs that probably won't end until 5 in the morning. My brother too inconsiderate to respect me when I ask him to turn the music down so I won't get any sleep at all tonight for sure.

Should I pretend to be a neighbour and call the police on them, or would that be too mean? ;>
    do it. I hate people like that.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Deleted
    I'd so call the police if I were in your place. I'd also tell him that I was the one who called them.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Go sleep somewhere else.

20 peoples good time > Your 1 persons good time.

take one for the team!
    Bullshit. Numbers mean nothing. Call the fucking police and make him pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are so spiteful towards your brother because they are jealous they were never invited to a party lol. But yeah, calling the cops is about as colossal of a dick move that anyone could possibly attempt to make. Calling the cops will lead to fines, and potential jail time if there were any minors present. I would never wish that upon family considering that there is no way this party just started downstairs without any forewarning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I think a lot of people are so spiteful towards your brother because they are jealous they were never invited to a party lol. But yeah, calling the cops is about as colossal of a dick move that anyone could possibly attempt to make. Calling the cops will lead to fines, and potential jail time if there were any minors present. I would never wish that upon family considering that there is no way this party just started downstairs without any forewarning.
    Yeah, sure, either that or they actually value a good night's sleep and do not approve of a bunch of people interfering in one's life negatively in general. What's the problem with jail time? Or fines? I wouldn't call them to my house because I don't need the police to settle my business and it's not worth risking going through legal shit because well, it is my house after all, but if it were downstairs, or next door or whatever may be then why not? I wouldn't wish that upon a family but it's not my fault their delinquent, anarchist offspring decide to ruin my night (underage) drinking, shouting and listening loud-ass music.

This is something I never understood. I get it that screwing people over just because you can/want to is wrong but when there is a perfectly good reason to teach someone a lesson, why is it so wrong to do so? Just because lol.partyingsofun or awh man but their just kids lol xD?

Deleted
    I'd call the cops. If he doesn't respect you enough to turn the music down, why should you care about him? The cops won't probably do anything anyway and will just ask him to turn it down.

Deleted
    It was in her house, bro. Plus, not everyone loves parties and some people reject invitations, and there are actually some people that want to sleep.

There is a reason why those cops make you pay fines or send you to jail. It's called "being an asshole and not caring about those around you that you disturb with your shitty music and your obnoxious yelling". Some people go to work you know? Some people have exams. Some people just want to goddamn sleep.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-29 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Yeah, sure, either that or they actually value a good night's sleep and do not approve of a bunch of people interfering in one's life negatively in general. What's the problem with jail time? Or fines? I wouldn't call them to my house because I don't need the police to settle my business and it's not worth risking going through legal shit because well, it is my house after all, but if it were downstairs, or next door or whatever may be then why not? I wouldn't wish that upon a family but it's not my fault their delinquent, anarchist offspring decide to ruin my night (underage) drinking, shouting and listening loud-ass music.

This is something I never understood. I get it that screwing people over just because you can/want to is wrong but when there is a perfectly good reason to teach someone a lesson, why is it so wrong to do so? Just because lol.partyingsofun or awh man but their just kids lol xD?
    Oh so you wouldn't mind going to jail for 6 months if you were throwing a party with your 20 year old friends? I don't know how fucked up your family is or how much you hate your relatives, but from where I come from, no night of sleep is EVER worth potentially sending my brother behind bars for half a year. Some people actually have a life to live and goals in sight, and I would never take that from my brother if he was holding a loud party (if he ever actually did that is...). I say either man up, put in some earplugs, and go to sleep, or go downstairs, get hammered, and call in sick for work and show up an hour or two later.

Deleted
    Oh so you wouldn't mind going to jail for 6 months if you were throwing a party with your 20 year old friends? I don't know how fucked up your family is or how much you hate your relatives, but from where I come from, no night of sleep is EVER worth potentially sending my brother behind bars for half a year. Some people actually have a life to live and goals in sight, and I would never take that from my brother if he was holding a loud party (if he ever actually did that is...). I say either man up, put in some earplugs, and go to sleep, or go downstairs, get hammered, and call in sick for work and show up an hour or two later.
    I wouldn't throw a party with my 20 year old friends. And honestly, read before you reply, I clearly stated and shall quote myself ipsis verbis; "I wouldn't call them to my house because I don't need the police to settle my business(...)" - if it were in my house and if it was indeed my brother I wouldn't send him to jail, be it because I could do a better job than the police myself and/or because I probably wouldn't want him to be locked up (lol.doublestandards, I'd do it if it was just some random guy and not my brother). Is a night's sleep worth potentially sending my brother to jail? Not unless he is hosting an orgy. A night's sleep is ALWAYS worth potentially sending some random delinquent to jail, though, because I honestly do not care for him or any of the people involved.

Why do I have to join them or surrender when I can beat them? I fail to see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraine View Post
    Still say you should've kicked 'em out. Ah well, at least he'll hopefully get into some trouble for being a moron.
    Obviously doesn't go to many partys.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 08:58 PM ----------

This pretty much, One night One party? Selfish imho

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed