Gave my friend addon and WTF folder but his ui isnt like mine

So this is my friends ss:http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2...2811061151.jpg
    and this is the way it should be:http://i53.tinypic.com/b5shfa.jpg
    I gave my friend the required addons and made him copy wtf files of my character to his character but it looks bad at him.I was going to ask you guys where the configs of addons are saved so I can give it to him
    It seems recount is at correct place since there is a lua of it at wtf folder but there isnt lua's for shadowed unit frames and bartender do you guys know in where they save their configs ?
    Last edited by tuvan; 2011-08-28 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    load profiles maybe? i dunno
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

what addon puts those numbers with each spell and what are they for?

Saved Variables is what he would have to have a copy of. Those are what tells the add-ons where they should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    load profiles maybe? i dunno
    This. And that's one heck of a UI, btw :>

Quote Originally Posted by tuvan View Post
    So this is my friends ss:http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2...2811061151.jpg
    and this is the way it should be:http://i53.tinypic.com/b5shfa.jpg
    I gave my friend the required addons and made him copy wtf files of my character to his character but it looks bad at him.I was going to ask you guys where the configs of addons are saved so I can give it to him
    It seems recount is at correct place since there is a lua of it at wtf folder but there isnt lua's for shadowed unit frames and bartender do you guys know in where they save their configs ?
    Did he rename the account name/character names inside the WTF folder you gave him?
    Think that needs to be done in order for him to get the configuration saved under his characters names.

You can't just copy the WTF folder. He has to rename his account name, server, and character name of the folder of the character he wants to use that UI for from the account name, server and character name of the folder that you use it on in the WTF folder.

Deleted
    Copy WTF and Interface. Rename WTF\Account\YOURACCNAME, WTF\Account\ACCNAME\YOURREALMNAME, WTF\Account\ACCNAME\REALMNAME\Yourcharacter.

Afterwards, do one of the following:

Possible solution 1: Replace all occurrences of "Yourcharacter - Your Realm" in the SavedVariables files themselves (profile information, most importantly) with "Friendcharacter - Friendrealm". There's tools such as Notepad++ that can automate this.

Possible solution 2: For all addons that support profiles, load the profiles your character uses on your friend's character (using the configuration menus as applicable).

I think Treeston has hit the nail on its head with possible solution number 2.
    The screenshot just screams set profiles, set profiles, set profiles.

What you could do is add Reflux to your addon folder, make sure you take a snapshot of they way your stuff is setup and then email him your Interface and WTF folders.
    All your mate needs to do then is change your details into his inside the WTF folder and load the snapshot with reflux and all addons should pop up in 1 go to the correct profile.

You can find reflux on WoWInterface and it has a nice tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Copy WTF and Interface. Rename WTF\Account\YOURACCNAME, WTF\Account\ACCNAME\YOURREALMNAME, WTF\Account\ACCNAME\REALMNAME\Yourcharacter.

Afterwards, do one of the following:

Possible solution 1: Replace all occurrences of "Yourcharacter - Your Realm" in the SavedVariables files themselves (profile information, most importantly) with "Friendcharacter - Friendrealm". There's tools such as Notepad++ that can automate this.

Possible solution 2: For all addons that support profiles, load the profiles your character uses on your friend's character (using the configuration menus as applicable).
    Thanks mate