15+ Year Old Account

Help me bring down my AddOn memory

Currently the amount of memory my AddOns use is between 85-90MB. Just wondering if somebody can take a look at what I'm using and are there mods that duplicate another in function or if there is a lesser memory alternative. I don't go for UI packs and instead prefer to create my own.

-

• Achieved! - Moves Achievement Pop-Up
    • Aloft - Unit Nameplates
    • AltClickToAddItem
    • AtlasLoot
    • Auctioneer
    • Bartender4
    • Bison - Buffs
    • Broker Cash Flow
    • Button Facade/Masque
    • Chatter
    • ChocolateBar - Fubar Replacement
    • Clique
    • CombustionHelper - Mage Only
    • Decursive
    • DraiksBrokeriLevel
    • EventAlert - Proc Mod
    • Grid + GridStatusHots
    • InFlight - Flight Timer
    • Lightwell Counter - Priest Only
    • Magic Runes - DK Only
    • Mounted - Random Mounts
    • OmniCC - Cooldowns
    • OneBag3/OneBank3
    • PetLeash - Random Pet
    • Pitbull4 (50% loading)
    • Postal
    • Quartz - Buff/Casting Bars (50% loading)
    • Reagent Restocker
    • Repair Broker
    • Screen Grid
    • Sexy Map
    • ShieldsUp - Shaman Only
    • ShockAndAwe - Shaman Only
    • Skada (50% loading)
    • Social State - Friend/Guild List
    • TomTom
    • Weights Watcher
    • WoW-Pro Leveling - Sub 85 Only
    • Wowhead Looter
    • XLoot Group/Master
    • XPBarNone
    • Deadly Boss Mods
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-28 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added screenshot

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're using a computer with near-minimum levels of memory, 80-95 mb of ram used by addons is a negligible thing.

When it comes to WoW addons, memory means next to nothing. CPU time is what's important.

Auctioneer, OneBag3/OneBank3, and Skada are probably the biggest memory users in your list.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard of a Mod that would swap setting (ie turn off non-raid mods) without logging out. Your right I have little issues running with that amount, I've just seen screenshots with (what appears to be a meaty UI) using 8-10MB.

I am using ACP for what you just mentioned. You can turn addons on and off from the game menu (Esc key) just by reloading ui. I have made some profiles/sets each containing the addons for different uses , like a set for raiding , a set for questing and so on and I load them on demand.

Just delete everything but Power Auras, Bartender and MoveAnything and you're set.

Though I use ElvUI + Power Auras. If you really need to get rid of anything make it something what saves data like Recount or Auctioneer.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-08-28 at 04:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just delete everything but Power Auras, Bartender and MoveAnything and you're set.
    Never thought of that, but even better I could delete them all and go stock UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuismar View Post
    Never thought of that, but even better I could delete them all and go stock UI.
    Well, with default UI you'd want at least MoveAnything to move your Player+Target frame to a decent place(until they implement that new feature) and Power Auras... because... Well it's Power Auras.

10+ Year Old Account
    jesus christ.. i thought i had too many and i use 6 addons...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    I am using ACP for what you just mentioned. You can turn addons on and off from the game menu (Esc key) just by reloading ui. I have made some profiles/sets each containing the addons for different uses , like a set for raiding , a set for questing and so on and I load them on demand.
    I think I used something like this before. The only issue I had was it remembered the AddOns on every account I logged in (So if I had a mod only for my mage, or disabled mods during a raid) it would pass that to all toons. It also didn't reset back to a default set when I logged out and back in (I put it in Raid mode and logged out, when I log back in its not in default but still in Raid). Not sure if this does the same.

Take a screen of your addon usage. That would help us, help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Well, with default UI you'd want at least MoveAnything to move your Player+Target frame to a decent place(until they implement that new feature) and Power Auras... because... Well it's Power Auras.
    You can move player and target/focus frames with stock ui.
    DPS is Science ......Tanking is Skill........ Healing is Art.

Quote Originally Posted by drumboy35 View Post
    You can move player and target/focus frames with stock ui.
    Ah, I must have missed that then. I knew it was coming at some point but didn't take much notice.

So default+PAC = Kgo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuismar View Post
    I think I used something like this before. The only issue I had was it remembered the AddOns on every account I logged in (So if I had a mod only for my mage, or disabled mods during a raid) it would pass that to all toons. It also didn't reset back to a default set when I logged out and back in (I put it in Raid mode and logged out, when I log back in its not in default but still in Raid). Not sure if this does the same.
    It doesn't do that for me at least , each toon has its own add on profile as it always did. I just save some profiles for individual purposes (like to get rid of gathering add ons and such when I don't need them).

Try it.

I'm assuming you have addon profiles setup for each of your toons so you aren't running unneeded addons on toons that don't need it(such as combustionhelper on your priest)?

If not that would be one place to start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I'm assuming you have addon profiles setup for each of your toons so you aren't running unneeded addons on toons that don't need it(such as combustionhelper on your priest)?

If not that would be one place to start.
    I'm amazed that was even asked lol, Yes I have class specific mods only enabled for those toons. My biggest memory usage like Taryble mentioned is Auctioneer and Skada. And if ACP mod works like Fuu states that would solve the Auctioneer issue. But to my other question are the lighter weight versions of some of the mods I use all the time (Aloft, Bison, Quartz, etc)

Deleted
    Quite frankly, there's no need to strive for low memory numbers - memory usage can very well be static data sitting in memory (Auctioneer's pricing data, for example), however as long as no calculations are performed on said data, the impact on the game's performance is absolutely nil.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Auctioneer, for instance, only causes "issues" immediately after (and sometimes during) an AH scan - because it's actively updating it's massive database, which is entirely in memory.

Skada doesn't record a lot of stuff when you're not in combat - and Skada's CPU usage is extremely low, for addons of it's type, even when it's recording data.