Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    go to germany put it in a fake mouthwash bottle bring it back....profit?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Yeah I imagine. Think I'll "share" it at some house parties in the near future, obviously omitting how strong it is
    Be careful if you do that, dont want to kill your friends with it :P

it really isn't hallucinogen that's just a myth.

Question whatever you take for granted.

People telling you you won't find any of the real deal in North America are just blowing smoke up your ass. In the US, maybe not, but most of Canada you can get your hands on some. And there's at least one place in BC that I know of that makes the stuff.

I tried absinthe and was disappointed to find the hallucinations thing was only a myth but it still tastes ok.. totally legal here in australia too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Be careful if you do that, dont want to kill your friends with it :P
    Agree, but I am well aware that they would do the same to me given the chance :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absinth doesn't contain whatever drug it used to have, so I doubt it's banned anywhere. It's chill. It's just really strong liquor.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can infuse a hallucinogenic into Absinthe if you really want. Might be similar to the original effects. Just soak some mushrooms in the absinthe in the dark for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Wikipedia knows everything

Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    go to germany put it in a fake mouthwash bottle bring it back....profit?
    yeah, listen to this guy if you wanna get arrested & thrown in jail

genius

Why is this forbidden by law anyway?

I'm not from the USA so i wouldnt know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
    Why is this forbidden by law anyway?

I'm not from the USA so i wouldnt know.
    supposedly the addition of the commonly available herb wormwood causes a possible hallucinogenic effect. Having had real absinthe I can say this isn't the case...

You can get a similar liqueur by buying Anisette or something maybe like the greek's Ouzo or the French Pastis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried some of the weaker absinthe once at a camping party with friends. Still strong stuff, I ended up flying off a rope swing and crashing into a tree. Bruised ribs, but was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

Deleted
    I love it myself. Its strong as hell and will really put some hair on your chest. In Denmark it sort of was/is a thing due to some danish rapper making a song about it.

That being said, real abstinthe has a very high amount of alcohol in it. Strongest stuff I have had outside of pure ethanol (which we... eh, borrowed from the lab at our school).

As with any strong liquor, drink it in moderation. I have had it many times over the years. I will gladly admit that the first time I drank way too much. If you drink it like you would normal shots (30 %), you will end up in a bad place.

Also, drink it properly. Its not meant to be chucked. Put it in a glass, put some sugar on a spoon, pour absinthe over the sugar and set it on fire - the absinthe in the spoon ofc. Then mix it into glass. Much, much more pleasant like this.

With regards to acquiring it... The best stuff I have had has been stuff people bought in places like spain or france and brought home with them. If I want it locally, Specialty Wine Shops have it from time to time. You could perhaps try something similar. Otherwise, internet. Again, I am unfamiliar with US customs laws, so you should probably listen to the advice offered earlier in this post.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    supposedly the addition of the commonly available herb wormwood causes a possible hallucinogenic effect. Having had real absinthe I can say this isn't the case...
    it is not exactly untrue, but it's mostly unconfirmed. The active substance in wormwood is called Thujone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thujone for more information) and has been grossly reduced since the original conception of Absinth in France. The concentration you find in current absinths are not near high-enough to cause hallucinations, but you will notice a somewhat lighter and enjoyable buzz than just getting tanked off vodka.

As I am writing this I am drinking some of this, although only for the flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried a 80% one last week, one cup, didnt have any effect other than a small throat hotness for a few minutes. Some of my friends couldnt stand up though.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    I tried it. I thought it was just like any other drink until my friends decided to tell me what it is, on the 8th shot. I dont remember that night really, i had THE worst hangover in the world, thought i was dying. I remember parts, the parts i do were awesome. I say do it, only live once.

I drank a lot of absinthe with a mate one night (fyi absinthe and apple juice is a god send). I don't remember much, but I woke up the next morning a few km's out of the city sleeping in a ditch with no idea how i got there.

Up to you if that's a good or bad thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    I drank a lot of absinthe with a mate one night (fyi absinthe and apple juice is a god send). I don't remember much, but I woke up the next morning a few km's out of the city sleeping in a ditch with no idea how i got there.

Up to you if that's a good or bad thing
    Probably a good thing, unless you got used...

You can see Johny Depp performing the ritual in the movie From Hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xl4B...eature=related

also he add Laudanum on the sugar for a more powerful effect. (Laudanum is known as a "whole opium" preparation since it historically contained all the opium alkaloids.)