Deleted

[Other] German Cinema/Comics/TV recommendations please

I'd like to buff up my rusty high school German from 10 years ago but don't particularly want to hit the textbooks. I have been reading the Suddeutsche Zeitung website and been encouraged by how much I can understand (and I have a dictionary for the words I don't) but I'd like something a bit more recreational. If I feel particularly inspired I might ask one of my mum's German friends to tutor me but for now I just want to be entertained and see how much I can pick back up.

you could try out:

Spiegel Online (http://www.spiegel.de/), maybe even hit up the forums to some of the articels to find out how well you can understand semi-colloquial german (most of the posts are in good german not internet dumbdown german)

and why not hit up some german wiki pages. take any topic and read about it in german!!!

or maybe listen to some german songs or german cartoon intros
    Bands like Wir Sind Helden or Die Ärzte. Both these bands are fairly good, have a good use of the german language and easily understandable.
    Wir Sind Helden have a lot of play on words, maybe you can catch some. edit: i just realized there are a lot of terms used in the song that you might not know about. well see how well you can understand it

Die Ärzte sing in a punkish down to earth tone that has a lot of the character of german humor.
    here is a song even with lyrics:

and finally if you can get everything in this song that you totally up for about anything basic in german:
    Last edited by obc; 2011-08-28 at 04:17 PM.