Deleted

HP Pavilion dv6500 battery issue

Greetings!

So, my father uses a HP Pavilion dv6500 laptop and recently it's started to randomly power off within a minute or two after you plug out the power cable.
    At the time it turns off windows tells you the battery is at 100%, but when you boot up the computer after it automaticly shut down the battery is at 3% ~. Also at random times, I can get a little window popping up telling me something like "there's a problem with your battery which may cause windows to shut down at any time.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance ~ Sub.
    Last edited by mmoc4f6cba116c; 2011-08-28 at 04:40 PM.

How old is the laptop? Battery been sitting on a shelf lately?

Sounds like the battery is simply dead, and will not hold charge for more than a minute or two. Another alternative would be either the charging circuitry in the laptop itself or the battery is defective is it's new laptop.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dv6 battery died within a month or two. Bought a new computer instead of battery
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Need to replace the battery. The DV series of HP laptops have terrible batteries. Normally batteries are right around $50 for this series of HP laptops. My suggestion is just not to bother though and only use it plugged in.

Deleted
    The PC is a couple of years old, 2-4 ~ (not sure). Any battery recommendations?

15+ Year Old Account
    You left it uncharged for long? It is highly recommended that you put batteries in the fridge if you know you are not going to be able to charge it for a long time.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    You left it uncharged for long? It is highly recommended that you put batteries in the fridge if you know you are not going to be able to charge it for a long time.
    And if you aren't going to use it, leave it only partially charged.

Not full, and definetly not depleted (which will kill the battery after a while).

Think ~40% was the recommended range in most cases? (Don't quote me on that)