Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    o.0 I don't know how to react to this news, should I be terrified for my life or overjoyed?
    I believe the correct response is, "MOAR PONIES!". I could be mistaken, though.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Not really. I know you opened up recruiting, but you never said how many mods you were looking for. For all we know, you could only need one, or a hundred. But you'd think that with the recruiting having been open for almost a week now, we'd start to see some improvement. It's not a criticism of the website or the current moderators, it was an observation that moderation has been really, really slow as of late.
    I'm not going to let you trashtalk mods because you think "one hour" of reaction time for volunteer moderators is unacceptable. Just because you don't think that you're bashing the mods doesn't mean that's not what you're doing.

There's a turnover on mods because people get bored with WoW mostly, and for the record some forums run extremely fine without any moderators.

We got around 100 mod apps with the current activity prerequirements, we might get more in the future, we're going through them and yes, it takes some time.

And no I'm not angry, I'm just hungry and don't know what to pick.

I never trash-talked any mods; not once did I say '...and the mods aren't doing their jobs'. I pointed out that there was a lack of mods online, which isn't even close to being the same thing. You can't be incompetent if you're not there to do the job.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm attacking you and your moderation team, but that's pretty far from the truth. I'm a very active reporter of nonsense on the forums, and I trust the mod team to do their job in a timely manner; when we're used to seeing a mod step in an lock a thread/infract a user in a matter of minutes, it becomes really apparent when that time gets bumped up to an hour. But I just happened to notice that they didn't seem to be around lately; coincide that with the mod recruitment, and you get my question as to exactly how few mods MMO-Champ has running right now.

Go eat something before you kill one of us, Boub. I suggest crackers, or some other form of carbohydrate.

Mod activity is pretty consistent over the past few weeks, people who left actually left months ago. I just don't see the point of the thread, since we're already recruiting and stuff.

Well, I'm sorry you took it so personally. You can lock the thread if you'd like, since I got the information I was looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Seems like a lot of mods are gone as far as I see. I personally would get people like Resentful, Eternal, Migari, etc that care about the forum and such to help out. Granted they already apped for mod position, so... :P Mainly Resentful. :P

You can see the awkwardness.
    The lack of love for artificial sweetener here is such a bummer :P But I totally agree with you.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think we just getting more people, while we the old mods just kept slowly leaving. But our current mods have been doing great, and their are trying to recruit more so, they do see the problem. If you want to help, please report stuff you see wrong.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When I don't like a post, I make fun of it. I think Boub acted appropriately =)
    My comment wasn't towards boub =(

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

Eat a Gnome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    Just because people post a lot on the forum doesn't mean they qualify to be a moderator... WTB smart new moderators please (which we have now mostly), not people who just post a lot. I will seriously sigh hard if someone who just posts a lot but not posts that actually have any quality/content becomes a mod.
    Rest assured that every moderator application is reviewed on a case-to-case basis. We can tell if someone is cut out to be a moderator.

Got it everyone? If there's a terrible moderator in the next batch, it's Treeston's fault and he will take the full responsibility of any stupid decision.

Edit: Also, post count is a prereq for applying, not a criteria to be accepted. We just go through people's life and only pick the smartest, cuddliest, and funniest users to give you the best mods out there. And Treeston.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-08-29 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    I think you do need to understand moderators are people too.
    and just like every human being, they need sleep, food and water.
    What i am trying to say is noone will be online 24/7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbad View Post
    I think you do need to understand moderators are people too.
    and just like every human being, they need sleep, food and water.
    What i am trying to say is noone will be online 24/7.
    We also like fresh newspaper put down in our cages.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to ninja this thread and ask everyone to report posts that go against the guidelines, it makes the moderators job so much easier.

If you do it proper I'll mail you cookies!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Ok, since Boub said so I am going to save the link to Treeston's inbox for reporting bad moderators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak View Post
    I'd like to ninja this thread and ask everyone to report posts that go against the guidelines, it makes the moderators job so much easier.

If you do it proper I'll mail you cookies!
    Got it everyone? If there's a terrible moderator in the next batch, it's Treeston's fault and he will take the full responsibility of any stupid decision.

Edit: Also, post count is a prereq for applying, not a criteria to be accepted. We just go through people's life and only pick the smartest, cuddliest, and funniest users to give you the best mods out there. And Treeston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ok, since Boub said so I am going to save the link to Treeston's inbox for reporting bad moderators
    So like... can we report to Treeston now? Instead of Sunshine / Bibi?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone whos more go get em should make a poll on what Boub should eat. That way Boub won't have to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endler89 View Post
    Someone whos more go get em should make a poll on what Boub should eat. That way Boub won't have to pick.
    Bacon wrapped Filet mignon with a dijon rosemary cream sauce and a roquefort demiglace. So delicious <3.

10+ Year Old Account

Cuddliest? What's better than a moogle? Cuter than ponies, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Cuddliest? What's better than a moogle? Cuter than ponies, I promise
    Ein is more cuddly that's what!