Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Remember P8P67 non pro doesn't support SLI.
    This too. I don't know what I was thinking....

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Intel's Turbo Boost doesn't mess with the BCLK. It adjusts the multiplier to overclock. And the more cores being used, the lower the max multiplier it will allow (4x for 1 core (for a clock speed of 3.7Ghz) down to 1x (3.4Ghz) for 4 cores).

It's very safe to use. And since it's Intel's tech and part of the specifications for the CPU, even if it does by some miracle happen to fry the CPU, it's completely and undeniably covered by the Warranty whereas, even with the 2500/2600k's, damage caused by overclocking is not covered (see footnote 1: "Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications.")
    Not that I've ever heard of Intel refusing an RMA because of OCing damage, but I prefer not to risk it.
    Yeah Intel's thing perhaps, maybe on Intel motherboards. The moment you bring the CPU to an Asus motherboard for instance, it ups the BCLK to 103MHz while ALSO upping the multiplier. While 103 isn't terrible, it is still not exactly recommended either. That's why I took the 3 minutes needed a few months back to do my own OC to 4.0GHz and called it a day. Now I'm just trying to see what this baby can do. :3

Oh btw, 2 different short-term Prime95 tests down at 4.5GHz, at last.... tons of BSODs and now none! Will be blend-testing shortly and going to bed.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Intel's Turbo Boost doesn't mess with the BCLK. It adjusts the multiplier to overclock. And the more cores being used, the lower the max multiplier it will allow (4x for 1 core (for a clock speed of 3.7Ghz) down to 1x (3.4Ghz) for 4 cores).
    Not to confuse with the motherboard manufacturer's "EZ overclock tool" (what DeltrusDisc was talking about) that automagically tries to find stable settings for a light overclock. ASUS in particular likes to raise BCLK to around 103.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This too. I don't know what I was thinking....
    http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.30

That hack makes it so that all CrossFire boards (like the ASUS P8P67 non-pro) can run SLI too. I honestly don't know why they don't enable SLI on medium-end boards that have 16x/4x. The performance of the second card is limited to some extent but it isn't HUGE.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.30

That hack makes it so that all CrossFire boards (like the ASUS P8P67 non-pro) can run SLI too. I honestly don't know why they don't enable SLI on medium-end boards that have 16x/4x. The performance of the second card is limited to some extent but it isn't HUGE.
    Well in the end it's a license fee that got to be paid to nvidia. To go into morale, that patch is similar to using a loader for faking a windows license. And is also something nvidia in theory could patch up. Wouldn't make a purchase hoping that these guys can keep that project going forever.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    Furthering the notes that it's not a neccesity, there are a lot of passive heatsinks that equal and outperform liquid cooling nowadays for half the price so, LCS is nothing but eye candy nowadays. In most tech reviews as a reference, you rarely ever see them using LCS anymore, it's always just a massive heatsink instead.

I've had LCS twice, such a pain to maintain. I've since been purchasing high-end heatsinks and all of them keep the CPU cooler than the LCS did, for much cheaper.
    Can you give some examples of these high end heatsinks? never heard of them and am curious