10+ Year Old Account

just a couple mmo champ irritations

first: what is WITH that stupid star wars add? i really really hate that thing.

how would you feel if you were just browsing around the internet and suddenly and big ass ad blocks you view of well...everything you were viewing.
    by this ad alone im not going to play such a pushy game. well, ok, i had no plans to play it anyway, but still...

second: ill be playing wow, browsing the internet, answering a message in my messenger, talking on the phone. and suddenly sound from an ad will start playing, seriously random stuff. i listen to the ad for a sec, while desperately trying to find the open window its coming from. NO ad that is up is connected to the sounds im hearing, but as soon as i close MMO-Champ the sounds stop. it IS coming from an MMO champ ad.

its frustrating to say the least. i usually have MMO-Champ one of my always open tabs (yeah yeah, im an obsessed freak, bite me) but because of these two wierd things lately i dont keep the page open.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    get adblock plus if you don't like ads. they're there for revenue purposes. don't want adblock or ads? throw your router out the window and enjoy life w/o internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ads are on every site, OP. You can't avoid them, and it isn't something you can complain about to MMO-Champion. There are a few ways to avoid them:

- Uninstall Flash
    - Install an ad blocker

it's 2011 and people are browsing the internet without adblock. lol.

I personally could care less about the adds. Theyre everywhere and as long as they don't pop up in the middle of the screen and make me click them by mistake they don't bother me.

Adds are how most websites make money, and how they keep running. I love MMO Champ and I think the people behind the scene deserve some revenue for doing the work they do and delivering us information on the game we play and more, all conveniently on one site. But people forget to thank for things and focus on what they don't like.

Adds are everywhere in life.... you should get used to it. Just be happy there are ad blockers online because you can't do that in the real world
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-08-29 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    it's 2011 and people are browsing the internet without adblock. lol.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I cannot believe people still complain about ads on youtube and gametrailers, especially before videos, etc. Get Firefox or Chrome. Get Adblock, add some good filter subs, no more adds, anywhere.

If that's not enough, get noscript, and Remove It Permanently addons for Firefox. You can even remove that trash at the bottom of the page, the Curse related trash.

Wasting time on WoW since '04

10+ Year Old Account
    adblock. get it. it will solve all of your problems, lol.
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

15+ Year Old Account
    See the existing threads on the same subject.

We're doing our best to take care of the annoyances and get rid of the mysterious audio ads.