Borderlands 2 Leaked gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    The animations look to be quite improved, more crisp and detailed, and flowing better. From that clip it does look to be an improvement over the original in that respect at least. I look forward to it

The huge article I read in game informer has me stoked. I mean, I was already going to buy it on release but hearing everything I have heard has my blood pumping.

Each gun manufacturer now actually has tell tale signs of what the excel in visually as well as statistically. So manufacturer names matter now. Example:

Tediore guns now explode when you empty a mag, so you can toss them out like grenades. If you pop a reload and put a fresh mag in THEN toss the gun, the rounds in the mag fire off like shrapnel in the explosion. Yeah... woah. (which you clearly see in the video)

I'm a sheep for GearBox, bring on Borderlands 2 :< (Although didn't buy DNF)

Looks fun, I massively enjoyed the first one, putting in probably 50 hours into it and so I look forward to this one. (I hope they bring in another zombie place though, was fun).

Looks a lot better than the first already, looks great.

Were there ironsights in the same way in Boarderlands 1? I don't remember it for some reason and I can't stand games that have that feature.

Also, no recoil

Still hoping the game will be good (the first was alright but I thought it could have been much better), but mr. shakeypantscam's footage didn't impress me that much

Looking good, im interested to know which classes are going to be playable. From what ive heard none of the original 4 will be playable in the 2nd one. But the characters will make cameos.

I loved the first one. But I will wait and see how Borderlands 2 does. Gearbox screwed the pooch with Duke Nukem.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I loved the first one. But I will wait and see how Borderlands 2 does. Gearbox screwed the pooch with Duke Nukem.
    The game was pretty much done when Gearbox got it IIRC

Deleted
    Looking forward to it! I do hope that there's more variety in enemies though!

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Looking good, im interested to know which classes are going to be playable. From what ive heard none of the original 4 will be playable in the 2nd one. But the characters will make cameos.
    there classes will be in, but not the people that you were, i read it somewhere but yeah makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    there classes will be in, but not the people that you were, i read it somewhere but yeah makes sense
    I'm fine with that then, my gf and I love Siren and Hunter but have no real attatchment to the actual toons. Although Mordecai did have an awesome sense of humor "BOOM! heheh..." and Lilith just loves every piece of gear she idles up too, "THIS IS AMAZING!!"

OK, I take that back, I will miss playing them...

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    Interesting, I LOVED the Siren class, Phasewalk was just so much fun. Il be very happy if this ends up true.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Were there ironsights in the same way in Boarderlands 1? I don't remember it for some reason and I can't stand games that have that feature.

Also, no recoil
    There is ADS in Borderlands. And specific gun manufacturers now shine with specific stats. Tediore guns (like seen in the video) have very low recoil. That and they are live explosives you can throw......

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Interesting, I LOVED the Siren class, Phasewalk was just so much fun. Il be very happy if this ends up true.
    They will be modified versions of the classes we are used to.

The first class info we have gotten is about a Gunserker. He is obviously a play on the Berserker class but instead of fists he is amazing with weapons. His special ability is dual wielding any two guns. His talents can adjust for lack of ADS by increasing accuracy while dual wielding.

Class trinkets are back as well and they will be more streamlined to conform to talents, even possibly give you talents you don't have any points in.

Artifacts will be completely different in terms of they no longer just give your special ability an elemental effect. They will in fact be some random proc like effect. Some examples are "your shots might not use ammo" or "you have a chance to instantly reload" etc.