75 21.31%
  • No

162 46.02%
  • Dont Know

33 9.38%
  • Dont Care

82 23.30%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    DotA 2 will take a large chunk out of HoN, but not as much out of LoL because it has different mechanics.
    Also, Valve isnt stupid - they wont charge monthly for their game, if they even charge at all. There will simply be Hats in DotA 2 (;

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Why is it that every single person in this thread who has defended Dota 2 have been incredibly hostile, aggressive and rude? That's the main reason I don't play Dota or HoN.
    Dont belittle a game because of a few people acting hostile, if that, from defending a game they enjoy playing. Ive met the same kind of people on LoL. I will never understand comments like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    Also for the people saying LoL is casual...It's the only MOBA style game to make it into the E-sports scene, where are you getting that idea?
    Because it has no mechanic other than grasses (i dunno what you call it in english)...nothing. I mean NOTHING...tell me an in-game mechanic other than hiding in gross, using spell or moving your hero. In dota you have lots of mechanics which makes game interesting.

animation cancel (hit-walk)
    creeb block
    deny
    high ground advantage
    neutrals have more impact to the game compared to lol ( you can make them attack to your creebs thus block enemy heroes to get xp or MC them and use their unique skills)
    Fog at nights
    Also in dota killing towers can be an disadvantage depending on situation this means dota is so in-depth in terms of strategy.

I can add more features and mechanics of dota which makes the game interesting.

these mechanics are not easy to master that is why lol is more casual friendly.

Deleted
    people saying dota being the original is wrong. actually the original dota map was in starcraft 1

but yes dota2 probably will kill hon and lol but i dont care as those games are terrible anyway
    Last edited by mmoc0f80c0c1fa; 2011-08-30 at 12:01 AM.

The only thing that the original DotA killed was the WC3 community. Since DotA 2 is not in a part of an existing game, it will not kill anything.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

people have progress and work put into LoL and HoN so I doubt they will just up and leave, I am sure they will check it out, and I am sure the free lancer will check it out, but it will not kill either community.

HoN? Yes.
    LoL? No, but it will most likely take all of its hardcore players (the real ones.)
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It might kill HoN, since HoN is basically a dota clone, but it won't kill LoL. Sure it will be competition for LoL, but LoL isn't going to just disappear. It currently has 15+ million players.

I'm sure LoL will lose some players initially, but it attracts a much larger crowd.

Deleted
    DotA 2 is still the original and will be played by most of the best players all over the world. I'm definitely going for DotA2 and leaving HoN behind. Need to get mah skills back. : D

Never played the original Dota so I guess I don't really care about it as much as my friends do.
    I'll probably watch them play but I think I'll just stick to LoL unless they stop playing it altogether.

It wont kill LoL, but it may HoN.

I used to play Dota religiously, but I converted to LoL for the simple fact that it is more casual-friendly. It is easier to get my friends or family to play League of Legends than it was for Dota. While Dota may have a higher skillcap, more than likely a vast majority of people screaming about this will not reach it, and likely would not reach it on LoL as well.

I will play Dota 2 and likely enjoy it, but more than likely I will stick with LoL, because my community of friends and family will likely be there and like a vast majority of others, I will continue to get better at the game and likely never hit the skillcap.

On another note, zoning was in dota, but a lot of time denying tended to do a better job. Regardless I love both games and that is my two cents

I used to play DotA a few years ago, and never even tried LoL or HoN even though I watched a few matches here and there, I find them entertaining.

DotA 2 is bound to kill HoN or at very least make it even smaller than it currently is. It is basically the same game, same mechanics, and it did not build a massive fanbase like LoL did, and the efforts by HoN developers easily show their concerns.

As for LoL, it is more straight-forward, it does not have that many tactical aspects, it is way more focused on the heroes rather than map positioning. It is more of a PvP game in my eyes than DotA ever was. It is more about how engagements go, especially team engagements. I think it is more brutal than DotA in that regard.

LoL has another nice advantage in its graphics. Cartoon style graphics makes the game more accessible, it runs smoother on older machines than HoN or DotA 2. The art direction they have taken makes the game harder to look out-dated, which is a plus nowadays. The engine seems flexible enough to accommodate new maps and playstyles, which is good.

I think LoL might lose a few hardcore players to DotA 2, whilst HoN has basically the same public DotA 2 is aimed at. I think HoN is likely to shrink, but I can hardly picture any 'MOBA' game touching LoL's popularity right now. Far too different from the original, simpler, different look and feel, more brutal confrontations. I think it will remain the true king of the genre since it has evolved.

Let's see what DotA 2 brings to the table in the future. If it is the same as the original map, I cannot picture it even surpassing the original DotA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering LoL is a much more friendly and simple version of DotA (IMO), DotA2 will draw away some players, but not enough to kill it. HoN on the otherhand, while I've never played it, the general impression is that it's an updated DotA, so I can see DotA2 killing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't need any threads about any game killing any other game.