Thread: 4 piece

4 piece

Is it worth switching from demo to destruction with 4 piece set bonus ?

What? No, no don't do that.

That's not even close

10+ Year Old Account
    question again:

Is it worth sacrificing the 4pc bonus to reach haste plateaus....

Penguin i prob annoy you a lot. but i equipped the alys legs instead, reached 30% haste and saw a LARGE dps increase.
    I'm waiting on the shoulder token to drop to make up for the haste loss i get when the tier legs are equipped, or maybe the rag belt/gloves....

either way i sacrificed the 4pce for more haste....

am i dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    question again:

Is it worth sacrificing the 4pc bonus to reach haste plateaus....

Penguin i prob annoy you a lot. but i equipped the alys legs instead, reached 30% haste and saw a LARGE dps increase.
    I'm waiting on the shoulder token to drop to make up for the haste loss i get when the tier legs are equipped, or maybe the rag belt/gloves....

either way i sacrificed the 4pce for more haste....

am i dumb?
    1) No
    2) Yes

To each query: No; you don't; don't do that silly; and making a mistake doesn't make you dumb for more than a moment :3

Especially since you asked about it, just maybe ask before you go making gear changes that dramatic next time if you're unsure

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i still have the tier legs... its an easy swap back...

its just SUCH a huge chunk of haste....

i've also been thinking about changing to demo, which would require almost a total regem/reforge, but i don't know if i can reach any sort of reasonable mastery level...

my thinking is as follows:

i want the 4 pce... but i also want 30% haste for affliction, i just dislike playing it with less... this is impossible with my gear.
    i'd love to dabble in demo but its such a drastic change, i'm nervous i'd just gimp myself...

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    oh i still have the tier legs... its an easy swap back...

its just SUCH a huge chunk of haste....

i've also been thinking about changing to demo, which would require almost a total regem/reforge, but i don't know if i can reach any sort of reasonable mastery level...

my thinking is as follows:

i want the 4 pce... but i also want 30% haste for affliction, i just dislike playing it with less... this is impossible with my gear.
    i'd love to dabble in demo but its such a drastic change, i'm nervous i'd just gimp myself...

Many thanks.
    Well, before even considering going demo;

- Do you have the chalice?
    - Does your raid need the 10% buff?

Going demo and having 30% haste isn't a realistic goal. Sure it would be nice, but you really want to focus on the 1 corruption tick and high mastery levels.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, before even considering going demo;

- Do you have the chalice?
    - Does your raid need the 10% buff?

Going demo and having 30% haste isn't a realistic goal. Sure it would be nice, but you really want to focus on high mastery levels.
    fixed that for you....

Quote Originally Posted by daethINC View Post
    fixed that for you....
    So what exactly did you fix... The extra corruption tick is a dps gain and very achievable without sacrificing mastery. On top of that, faster shadowbolt result in... yada yada yada, you know all of this already.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all. i realised i am in fact dumb when i put my tier legs back on and found i was only 36 haste from 30%

2 gems later i have the 'impossible' 4 pce and 30% haste.

i got it by sacrificing a little hit... instead of 17% im now at 16.2 which i prey is enough to not miss a haunt...

i do have the chalice and we only have the 6% mage buff in our normal runs, sometimes we have a shammy, its much of a muchness really....

and yes i'm well aware 30% haste is not right as demo, as i understand it 1993 is a good haste goal for demo then stack that mastery. my concern is doing this i may not have enough enough mastery to be viable.... as i see it i can maybe reach 16 - 17 mastery? i mean i'd reforge away 600 ish haste for mastery but would that be enough....

ps - i've read the simming sticky at least 30 times and tried to run the program more than that with no luck. i'm not retarded but simming makes me feel like a spastic....
    also logged out in shite pvp gear so you guys may not be able to see my armory.

rant rant etc....

I play demo as an offspec and I currently sit at 1214 mastery which is not a lot. My fel hunter still crits for 60k+. So while mastery is definitely a worthwhile stat to go for it's not the deciding factor on if you should be demo or not.

Download simcraft and read the stickies, it will pretty much tell you whats best for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    Download simcraft and read the stickies, it will pretty much tell you whats best for yourself.
    ps - i've read the simming sticky at least 30 times and tried to run the program more than that with no luck. i'm not retarded but simming makes me feel like a spastic....

you didn't read my post then??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I play demo as an offspec and I currently sit at 1214 mastery which is not a lot. My fel hunter still crits for 60k+. So while mastery is definitely a worthwhile stat to go for it's not the deciding factor on if you should be demo or not.
    my fel hunter crits for ~88k so go for mastery!

10+ Year Old Account
    well MY felhunter crits for a million!!! so there! :P