New pc, a little help please.

hello there, I am going to say straight off the bat that I am not a whizz at pcs. I saw this set-up the other day and would like your feedback on if it is a good buy or not please.

System costs £790

Processor: intel(R) core i7-2600 CPU @3.4 GHz
    Ram: 8gb
    OP: 64-bit
    Memory: 1.35 TB
    Graphics: Nvidia geforce GT420

I will be hooking it up to my tv screen via cable so no need for monitor. Just would very much appreicaite your feedback on wether this set-up would be able to run other games than wow at a decent fps etc. All feedback is welcomed, thanks in advance.

Deleted
    gpu seems a bit low for the price to be honest. i'd try dropping the processor from a 2600 to a 2500k and putting the extra £100 or so into a better GPU such as 6870 for around £135 or a gtx560ti for around £185.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    hello there, I am going to say straight off the bat that I am not a whizz at pcs. I saw this set-up the other day and would like your feedback on if it is a good buy or not please.

System costs £790

Processor: intel(R) core i7-2600 CPU @3.4 GHz
    Ram: 8gb
    OP: 64-bit
    Memory: 1.35 TB
    Graphics: Nvidia geforce GT420

I will be hooking it up to my tv screen via cable so no need for monitor. Just would very much appreicaite your feedback on wether this set-up would be able to run other games than wow at a decent fps etc. All feedback is welcomed, thanks in advance.
    It's a really bad buy for that price. Get an i5 2500k, 6870 and build it yourself. Check the sticky section for a how to build guide.

Deleted
    The 420 isn't a capable gaming GPU at all, it more caters to high-end HTPCs, media or family PCs. It's not really built for gaming:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/130191/NV...hics_Card.html

As for the PC itself, you can get better for a price-tag of $800.

10+ Year Old Account
    While building a PC yourself always have the potential to give the best components for the money it is still a lot to learn and a lot of time spent learning until you got a good PC. I can understand that not everyone is into spending that much effort and want to go for pre-built instead. Best thing would be to let knowledgeable people configure a PC setup and then have a PC shop assembling it for you.

That pre-built, however, is not good. CPU is good but the vast majority of people are just as good off with an i5 2500 instead of an i7 2600, saving a lot of money in the process. The GT 420 is an extremely crappy low end card for graphics however.

Deleted
    This is around about the £850-870 mark, and it's a pretty decent build. If £800 was your budget, you can cut away the Windows 7 if you have it already, or get a student one if you are a student. The case is budgeted at about £90, so you can cut that down to a less-awesome case to save some cash. You can also opt for a slightly cheaper Gigabyte board, if you don't want the Asus.

Please, for the love of god, build it yourself. You will save so much money, and it's fun! It's easier than building lego these days. Newegg even has a LOVELY TUTORIAL in which Paul goes through it step by step.

In answer to your question, this system will crush WoW beneath itself and eat it on toast for breakfast. This will get awesome FPS.

thanks so much all for your quick replies aye i had a look at the tutorials and think i will have a go at trying to build my own. Ill just take it reall slow.

again thanks for your help.