Poll: Do you use Twitter?

Thread: Do you Twitter?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you Twitter?

Simple question do you use twitter? If you like give a reason why also. Personally I think Twitter is for children which is why I don't use it at all, never even been to the site.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

15+ Year Old Account
    I read it mostly. sometimes I post some random shit..

Deleted
    No twitter no facebook, i hate social networks. They steal your soul.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is far from a childish service. Not using it just because some people mis-use it is pretty narrow minded. It's a great tool for getting news and links to shit you're interested in, for example: A lot of websites post their maintainance reports on twitter when their sites go down (including this one I think), news websites post links to stories, athletes post how their training and whatnot is going and so on. It's all 'round great for staying informed about your interests. It's a bitesize RSS feed of many topics and you shouldnt just dismiss it when you're clearly majorly misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce View Post
    Twitter is far from a childish service. Not using it just because some people mis-use it is pretty narrow minded. It's a great tool for getting news and links to shit you're interested in, for example: A lot of websites post their maintainance reports on twitter when their sites go down (including this one I think), news websites post links to stories, athletes post how their training and whatnot is going and so on. It's all 'round great for staying informed about your interests. It's a bitesize RSS feed of many topics and you shouldnt just dismiss it when you're clearly majorly misinformed.
    The same thing happens on Facebook so what makes Twitter different?
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really...don't see the point :P
    Mindless...

Both my cats have twitter accounts. Me personally? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    neh... useless

Once or twice, but I don't see the need for it. Waste of my time and energy to text out what I am doing, either they know what I am doing, or it's none of their damn business.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is great fun. And nothing like Facebook. So I quite enjoy it. @huffalicious

I have never been to twitter once. It seems annoying as hell. And facebook, I haven't logged onto that in almost a year.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce View Post
    There's a difference between not liking it for whatever reasons, and being misinformed.

Opinions are wonderful.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I have an account, but it is mostly for reading Tweets from celebrities/comedians/athletes/musicians/YouTubers that I care about. I'll Tweet occasionally, but not very often (i.e. once or twice a month).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an account and I use it to read things only. I do not send out any tweets.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

Yes, both reading and writing.

http://twitter.com/marlamin

Mostly in dutch though, there are indeed lots of kids on it but I find this to be more amusing than annoying. (seriously, some tweets are hilarious)

10+ Year Old Account
    I do for business. It's good marketing.
    On a personal level I hate it. I follow friends and family who only talk to celebrities as if they would respond. it's annoying.

'Yesterday I went to the mall and yada, yada, yada, I'm very tired today'. I don't see how anyone would find that interesting. So, No - I don't twitter. I understand that others with a more entertaining day would have something to write about (Webmasters, artists, corporations and businesses...etc). Guess I'm not twitter worthy.
    Last edited by Solstark; 2011-08-29 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariena View Post
    'Today I went to the mall and yada, yada, yada, I'm very tired today'. I don't see how anyone would find that interesting. So, No - I don't twitter
    Too bad that's not how Twitter is at all. It seems everyone who doesn't use Twitter has no idea what it's really like. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is a very useful tool for marketing, and I think it's invaluable for particular businesses, websites, and people to have. It can be important for entertainment groups to announce gigs and events, celebrities to announce new movies or appearances, for businesses to talk about new productions, promotions, locations, for websites to announce updates and other information. It is also the fastest possible medium for getting news. All those things make it a valuable tool; the people who just hate it without acknowledging these facts are just wrong.

I do think the average person who is using Twitter ought not to be. Most people are not interesting enough to have a twitter feed and fill it with asinine things no one cares about, like the weather, what they had for lunch, and what they are doing that exact moment (or, my favourite, complaining about how bored they are, since I guess they want us to feel bored too). For this reason, I do not actually follow any of my friends.

I have a Twitter account for my website only because it is a pretty necessary marketing tool in this day and age. I use it far less frequently than I probably should be, however (um, three times total). But I'm expected to have it and some people would never know about site updates otherwise. I do not have a personal account.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffalicious View Post
    Too bad that's not how Twitter is at all. It seems everyone who doesn't use Twitter has no idea what it's really like. lol
    Quoting myself, but example of my last 5 news feed items:

SportsCenter SportsCenter
    Coming up on @SportsCenter, #LSU coach Les Miles news conference twitgoo.com/4gow7s

WOW_news World of warcraft
    At war with World of Warcraft: an addict tells his story - The Guardian goo.gl/fb/pAHYL

Marvel Marvel Entertainment
    WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (2009) #12 is today's FREE Lunchtime Reading! #readcomics bit.ly/nZ7lmh

PlayStation PlayStation
    God of War: Origins Collection demo hits PS Plus members tomorrow: bit.ly/papJhS

ProFootballHOF Pro Football HOF
    Our thoughts & prayers to family of Tom Kowalski who died this morning. He served on HOF Selection Committee. http://ow.ly/6fDn9 #Lions #NFL

Nothing but good information there.