Buying a decent Webcam

Hey all, I'm in the process of building a new computer; and I've already bought the parts and they're on the way, now I'm just working on some peripheral pieces. I also dropped some friends off at the airport yesterday and won't be able to see them for at least a year, so I want some gear that will allow me to talk with them, through Skype for example.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a headset (with mic) and a webcam. I've done some research but haven't owned a webcam before and have always used a desk mic. I'm looking at spending maybe $80-100 for both (together, not each). I've already spent $900 on the parts, not including a monitor and keyboard/mouse. If anyone had any suggestion for a good keyboard and mouse, I'll be looking into those soon as well.

Thanks for the help in advance, I appreciate it!
    Last edited by dinokaze; 2011-08-29 at 09:15 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/jin/advanced
    You've fallen into a Sarchasm.
    It's the gap between someone being sarcastic, and you picking up on that sarcasm.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Microsoft LifeCam. I have the second best one in the series or w.e.... it looks great.

Here's some silly video footage of me blabbing as usual on my vlog channel thing on youtube. Short, but gets the job done in terms of showing you how good it takes video. Also, the sound in the video is all from the webcam, yus, it has a decent mic.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I bought this one:

"Logitech HD Webcam C270 Web-Kamera"

and overall I am very satisified with it. Cheap, reliable, good image quality.