Heatsink Fan making wierd Noise

I've had my new computer for quite awhile now, and the fan that came with my heatsink randomly makes noises as if it's wobbling, is there anyway to fix this or do I need to buy a new fan for the heatsink? :<

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I've had my new computer for quite awhile now, and the fan that came with my heatsink randomly makes noises as if it's wobbling, is there anyway to fix this or do I need to buy a new fan for the heatsink? :<

Cheers
    Ensure that the actual sink is firmly attached to the mobo. Other than that, buying a cheaper aftermarket sink is never a bad idea. The Corsair A70 is on sale for 1/2 off at newegg right now, making it the same/cheaper than a 212 and better performance.

lol you should hear my roommate's computer, he got it from cyberpowerpc or ibuypower (forgot which one) and it makes a crapload of fan noises when it boots up for like the first 5 minutes or so.

You could try reseating it and see if that helps... if not just get a better one, stock coolers suck anyways :P
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've got a Hyper 212 Plus atm, I live in england so newegg would be out of the question anyway. Would it be possible to just buy a replacement fan and put that on?

Deleted
    assuming it's the fan making the noise and not the actual heatsink/mount. paid £28 for my corsair a70 which is a good price considering the hyper 212 plus is around £23.

10+ Year Old Account
    should be fine as long as you get the right size yeah, and try scan.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I've got a Hyper 212 Plus atm, I live in england so newegg would be out of the question anyway. Would it be possible to just buy a replacement fan and put that on?
    hmm yea you should be able to replace it with a different fan... I think it uses 120mm fans.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.