Deleted

at all simcraft users

heya warlock folks,

a few days ago i noticed sth intresting. my drainsoul did almost the same dmg as shadowbolt above 25%. now i simed it with the bis_t12_profile and got a dps of 35194.3, which is dps loss of ~600, which isn't really much.
    also mastery got on pair with crit now.

my question would be: did someone tried this before, or does someone may want to resim my testings, to confirm it?
    i would like to get 3-5 simcrafters, who can really work with this programm, to sim it with other equip and maybe mastery>crit by reforges.

i used this talents http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IrurohsGcdf0bZc, because we dont have a shadowbolt with casttime anymore.
    and this is the action list:

actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
    actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/fel_armor
    actions+=/summon_felhunter
    actions+=/dark_intent
    actions+=/soulburn,if=!in_combat
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/use_item,name=rune_of_zeth
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|!in_combat|target.health_pct<=20
    actions+=/demon_soul
    actions+=/corruption,if=(!ticking|remains<tick_time)&miss_react
    actions+=/unstable_affliction,if=(!ticking|remains<(cast_time+tick_time))&target.time_to_die>=5&miss _react
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=target.time_to_die>15&!ticking&miss_react
    actions+=/haunt
    actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=time>10
    actions+=/drain_soul,interrupt=1,if=target.health_pct<=25
    actions+=/shadowflame
    actions+=/life_tap,mana_percentage<=35
    actions+=/soulburn,if=buff.demon_soul_felhunter.down
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.soulburn.up
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadow_trance.react
    actions+=/drain_soul,interrupt=1
    actions+=/life_tap,moving=1,if=mana_pct<80&mana_pct<target.health_pct
    actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1
    actions+=/life_tap

feel free to try it yourself ^^
    Last edited by mmoce54c241c03; 2011-08-30 at 12:16 AM.

Drain soul doesn't stack Shadow Embrace which is a loss of 15% loss in dot damage. That is a heck of a lot more than 600dps.

My sims showed a loss of about 1200dps with that list and talent build. What is also happening that with haste your shadowbolts get shorter. Yes your drain soul tick will get shorter as will but your looking as haste affecting two different base times. At 0 haste with the talents SB has a cast time of 2.5 sec. Drain soul starts at 3 sec per tick. So from that drain soul will never hit as often as SB because while SB can get below a 2 sec cast time, every time Drain Soul reaches a 2 sec mark that is a haste plateau and it will add a tick (which never gets used) and go back up to 3 sec per tick.

Addition: Checked in game. Shadowbolt does about 10k with a 2.12 sec cast time. Drain soul did 5k with 2.54 sec ticking time. It took 3 stacks of shadow embrace to get drain soul to hit the 10k mark. This was with only fel armor on at 18.01% haste.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2011-08-30 at 02:45 AM.

Shadow Embrace was never really a concern when Drain Life was the filler, Haunt does keep it up well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    every time Drain Soul reaches a 2 sec mark that is a haste plateau and it will add a tick (which never gets used) and go back up to 3 sec per tick.
    Please stop spreading false information, that is not at all how it works.

How is that false information? The system is designed so that when there is enough space to fit another tick in that what it does.

Yes Haunt can keep it up but it takes forever to stack and you only have a 4 sec window to recast it before shadow embrace falls off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    How is that false information? The system is designed so that when there is enough space to fit another tick in that what it does.

Yes Haunt can keep it up but it takes forever to stack and you only have a 4 sec window to recast it before shadow embrace falls off.
    It's correct that when there is enough space to fit another tick the system adds it, but is wrong that ticks goes back at 3 sec, and about SE as Penguin said it never was an issue when we used DL as filler so it shouldn't be a here as well.

I wasn't able to make a Drain Soul spec that beats a Shadow Bolt spec, however I did get close by using Drain Soul instead of Shadow Bolt during Demon Soul.

It seemed logical that with a 20% periodic damage buff that Drain Soul would beat Shadow Bolt, but for some reason I couldn't get it to sim better than the standard rotation.