Thread: Healing Wave

Healing Wave

I've heard of some shamans saying that Healing Wave actually generates them mana, I get how the critical reacts with the talent Resurgence, but do you have to be crit oriented for it to work similar to TC Spec?

I think they are talking about with their regen and the low cost of HW, they actually gain mana between the time they start casting and when they finish. And no shaman should be crit-oriented at this point.

I have around 3.9k mana regen while in combat - how much regen in necessary for that to be the case?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the fact of the matter is: no healer should ever be sitting idle. Healing Wave is the spell that we cast while "idling", it's like our auto-attack if you will. The mana cost to cast it is very small and it has a chance to net you a mana gain too. Use HW when damage going out isn't too high. Riptide with 2x HW is extremely efficient!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwiqshter View Post
    Well the fact of the matter is: no healer should ever be sitting idle. Healing Wave is the spell that we cast while "idling", it's like our auto-attack if you will. The mana cost to cast it is very small and it has a chance to net you a mana gain too. Use HW when damage going out isn't too high. Riptide with 2x HW is extremely efficient!
    That's what LB is for! TC is the best ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    That's what LB is for! TC is the best ever.
    Agreed, but if you're full on mana it's just a matter of spamming away Healing Wave, provided your regen can sustain it ofcourse :-)

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    I think they are talking about with their regen and the low cost of HW, they actually gain mana between the time they start casting and when they finish. And no shaman should be crit-oriented at this point.
    Actually my resto shammy is crit oriented but thats for the spec I use, about 68% of my heals tend to crit + telluric currents it gives me some very nice mana regen during the peroids I can cast lightning bolt.

After casting HW you lose 2k mana. During the next 2 second cast of healing wave that 2k mana regens back and if the spell crits you get mana through resurgence. Even with a low crit chance you will still gain mana

Quote Originally Posted by LuntiX View Post
    Actually my resto shammy is crit oriented but thats for the spec I use, about 68% of my heals tend to crit + telluric currents it gives me some very nice mana regen during the peroids I can cast lightning bolt.
    I think what natijs is saying is that given resto's superior regen right now, being crit-focuses means your are giving up significant throughput without a lot of gain. If you're regularly ending fights with more than 25% of your mana, consider dropping some of that crit for haste or mastery.