Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

August 29 Hotfixes, Twitter Q&A, Blue Posts, Art Gallery Update

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - August 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Starfall should no longer hit enemies with whom the player is not in combat in Grim Batol or the Firelands.
    • The Feral druid 4-piece tier-12 set bonus should now interact properly with Primal Madness and Euphoria.
    • The radius of effect of the Restoration druid 4-piece tier-12 set has been increased.

Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Fireblast now properly triggers Impact on the primary Fireblast target, even if that target was not yet in combat.

Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • The radius of effect of the Holy paladin 4-piece tier-12 set has been increased.

Dungeons & Raids
    Firelands
    • A few of the Molten Surger patrols in the entrance area of Firelands have gone on vacation.
    • Shannox
      • The number of enemies that must be killed before Shannox spawns has been reduced.

Battlegrounds
    Isle of Conquest
    • Players should no longer take large amounts of damage when being launched from catapults.

Twitter Q&A - LVL 71 to 80 XP decreased in Patch 4.3
    Blizzard did a small Q&A session on Twitter and confirmed, among other things, that the XP required to level from level 71 to 80 would be reduced in Patch 4.3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Are you considering making any changes to the time it will take to level to cap for newbie players after the next expansion?
    A: We'll be decreasing the experience needed for levels 71-80 in patch 4.3. That's all I have for now.

Q: Will we see more "intro raids" like Naxx10 in Wrath?
    A: Raid Finder is being designed to offer a similar experience.

Q: Any chance for a less steep learning curve in the game? I mean players hit a brick wall at 85, make previous content harder.
    A: If anything, you'll see more variable endgame content in the future to allow players additional progression paths.

Q: Will any of the new Darkmoon Faire stuff be accessible at all times, or will it all be contained within that one week?
    A: The updated 4.3 Darkmoon Faire is likely to be available the first week of every month for both factions.

Q: Will there be a "random raid" component to the Raid Finder letting us enter raids we've been previously saved to, like LFG & Trolls?
    A: Raid locks will likely work like LFG under Raid Finder, though details of the system (coming soon) will better explain why.

Q: Any chance we'll possibly have a chance to get an old quest item or two restored for transmogrification once it comes out?
    A: If there are really popular item looks, we'll consider adding new ways to obtain them.

Q: Will disc priests be getting their bubble graphic changed for DA "soon", is this still happening?
    A: Last time we spoke with the class design team, they said the Divine Aegis effect will likely change in 4.3.

Q: Will the Raid Finder allow access to lower raids?
    A: Probably not for 4.3, but it's something we'd like to do.

Q: Will the 4.3 Raid finder allow me to group with my cross-realm friends?
    A: Hard to say at this stage in development.

Blue Posts
    Battleground Win Ratios
    Player feedback is an essential part of our development process, but this kind of thread helps illustrate the value and the pitfalls of anecdotal feedback.

What makes it useful? It's personal and emotional. It tells us about what it feels like to play World of Warcraft from an individual's perspective, where the big picture might seem pretty remote and unimportant.

The pitfall? It's personal and emotional, which is good, but very subjective. It's a tiny (though important) sample when compared against the whole of every battleground game happening everywhere. We have a duty to objectively look at the big picture. For example, our stats tell us that the ratios for various battlegrounds are pretty close to 50% win/loss for each faction, though that might not matter much to you when you're in the heat of the action.

So, when we're looking at what a quest feels like anecdotally, if it's too frustrating, then we can probably adjust that. When it comes to a system like the Battlegrounds, where the dynamic is almost exclusively player driven, but is working really well, it's not a good idea to mess with it because the big picture looks great.

Speaking personally, I've found that my mindset plays a huge role in how much fun I'm having. In the midst of a losing streak, I try to remember my winning streaks and landslide wins, or I adopt a philosophical approach and do what I can, where I can. If I get too frustrated, I do a different, more relaxing in-game activity for awhile or step away entirely. My bottom line is that how I think and feel about what I'm doing in-game can mean the difference between having a great time (even if I'm on a losing team), and table-flipping frustration.

As we've said elsewhere, battlegrounds require a ton of effort to create, and modifying them even slightly is extremely labor intensive. It will probably be more worthwhile to create new and better battlegrounds in the future, than go back to continually tweak and modify the old ones. (Official Forums)

New Character Models
    Updating existing character models isn't something we've been "waffling on." It's something we'd love to do, but the fact is the art team has finite resources. Updating the current playable race models to be more in-line with worgen and goblins requires much more than just increasing the poly count. There are more bone structures on the frames of newer models which allow for more animation options. In order to update older models, the wire frames have to change, which means a large number of existing animations and customizations/hairstyles would have to change.

It's much more of a massive overhaul than many players are anticipating. That isn't to say we don't want to do it, but it's difficult to justify delaying the creation of new art, models, and animations indefinitely to revamp old ones. And we have to make sure to do it in a way that doesn't give some players a feeling of detachment from the look they've had for almost seven years. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Burning Crusade Art Gallery Update
    The Burning Crusade game art gallery has been updated with three new pieces.

awsome newsss
    and awsome art

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm telling on you Chaud.
    *Hits up Boub*

On topic:
    +1 for my disc priest DA animations
    -547689746 for Blizzard basically telling us we won't be seeing any character model updates anytime soon, whatsoever.

Yay for decreased xp needed from 71-80! Worst part of the leveling experience imo.

im confused, why are they lowering 70-80 xp again? it was already lowered once ..

So should I park my level 72 toon for patch 4.3 or is it going to be so late I could level it to 85 meanwhile?

Yeah, I guess Holy Paladins and Restoration Druids needed a little buff in raiding environment /sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    im confused, why are they lowering 70-80 xp again? it was already lowered once ..
    I don't think 71-80 was ever lowered. I remember it being 1.337 mil xp 79-80 before, and just last week I leveled my druid up and noticed it was 1.337 mil xp still.

10+ Year Old Account
    •A few of the Molten Surger patrols in the entrance area of Firelands have gone on vacation.
    Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    So very happy about the level reduction. We hates Northrend. We hates it forever, Precious. Also, I've never seen that particular Illidan artwork. (At least the rest of the bits that weren't cropped out for the BT loading screen.) Nuh. Lady Vashj. Now there was a proper villain. /drooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I don't think 71-80 was ever lowered. I remember it being 1.337 mil xp 79-80 before, and just last week I leveled my druid up and noticed it was 1.337 mil xp still.
    nah it was definitely lowered ill try to find an old ss if i have one or something

also wowwiki still has pre nerf xp :
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:XP_To_Level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yes it was reduced at patch 4.0. I think it was 20% or so..

Meh, Daily Blink wasn't very good this time

wait , feral 4 pc interacts with a blance talent 3 tiers deep? hmm.....
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2011-08-30 at 02:03 AM.

As far as the new character models go, you can make an option at the character creation screen to use 'New Skin' or 'Old Skin', along those lines. And it can follow the same idea as the Treant Restoration glyph for Druids to use either the new tree or the old tree. And then after you would (if so) implement that, IN-game, you can have a tab in the options window to turn on old skin or new skin. So that way, new players looking for cool graphics can go with the Cataclysm skin, and the players from day one can keep their Vanilla skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burzum View Post
    So should I park my level 72 toon for patch 4.3 or is it going to be so late I could level it to 85 meanwhile?
    I think we have a good 2 - 3months left yet. So you could level a couple more toons by then

Q: Will the Raid Finder allow access to lower raids?A: Probably not for 4.3, but it's something we'd like to do.
    Very disapointing

Quote Originally Posted by Franknol View Post
    Q: Will the Raid Finder allow access to lower raids?A: Probably not for 4.3, but it's something we'd like to do.
    Very disapointing
    /agree. I would've thought this would definitely be going in for transmog purposes alone.

The radius of effect of the Restoration druid 4-piece tier-12 set has been increased.
    Yay! its no longer useless wish we knew how much it was buffed by. But any buff for that is nice before it was extremely situational.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franknol View Post
    Very disapointing
    Oh god gtf over it. They just freakin started talking about it, let them get it set for current content before you start bitching. And to the next person talking about using it for transmogrification... don't be so damn lazy. Any class can effectively solo most pre-wrath encounters, and if you're worried about dying bring a friend or two along. I'm sure there are plenty of like-minded people aiming for old gear to make it nice and faceroll for you.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."