Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an aside: chrome versioning is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telshin View Post
    Hey everyone,

Something that can help me investigate the issue plus put in tickets for vbulletin is knowing what OS and Chrome version you are currently using to browse the website.

I've optimized the editor to be a little easier on Chrome, but I know it is still causing some crashes. The editor relates to the tabs crashes along with another issue that I'm looking into right now.

Thanks for your patience
    13.0.782.215 m
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit

I can also report some unexpected behaviour when posting on a Android based phone.
    The phone in question is a Samsung Galaxy S2, running Android 2.3.3 (Kernel 2.6.35.7, Build GINGERBREAD.XWKF3) and the errors occur when using the built in browser (Identified by user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1).

The problems I have encountered so far have ranged from the editor asking on posting if I want to leave the page and when allowing this, nothing is posted. On other occasions, the posting takes a while and the editor again asks for permission to leave page (combined with the earlier, this can and has caused double posts for me).

(I'm aware that mobile devices are not really supported but I'd like to note this here anyway)

15+ Year Old Account
    It crashes when I hit enter sometimes (probably around 1-2% of the time). Also, the enter key stops working randomly (probably more like 10-20% of the time). If I hit "Advanced", everything works fine. It's only the quick reply that is screwed up.

13.0.782.215 m
    Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Also sometimes this bug gets really really really bad.

I tried to press enter and I couldn't finish my post. I hit advanced and started typing again. It worked for two enters. I copied it all and tried to refresh the page but had to go through two dialogue boxes first. I pasted it and pressed enter and every google chrome tab with an MMO-Champion domain shut down (including one on blue.mmo-champion.com).

Edit: Sunshine told me about a trick to temporarily fix it by pressing CRTL+S to open the "save this web page" dialogue and then hitting cancel on that. It seems to fix it for quite a while.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-08-31 at 09:27 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I've been having this problem on my iphone's web browser. the site will just freeze up and I'll have to exit the application for a good few minutes before it works again.

Deleted
    Oh, I was afraid my iPhone was dying when Safari randomly crashed and forced me to reboot the phone to be able to browse again. I hope you'll be able to fix this issue soon. *addict*

I'm not sure when it happens, it's after clicking links (as in opening threads) when it loads for a second or so then suddenly freezes.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-08-31 at 07:33 PM.

I finally got a screenshot of what happens to me.

It seems to happen only (mostly?) when I go from any other website to MMO-C. I'm using Chrome, version 13.0.782.218 m, with Windows Home Premium 64-bit.

When this happens that tab is dead, there's nothing I can do. When I try to visit other websites with the dead tab the only thing that changes is the web address but that's it. I don't have to close the entire window, all I have to do is open a new tab and it works fine. It doesn't really crash, I just get these dead tabs.

The only addon I'm using is adblock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same issue. Mostly when I'm replying to a post with quotes and I hit enter it crashes the page.

Chrome 13.0.782.220
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

BTW I only started noticing this about 2 weeks ago.

Yeah i'm having an issue where sometimes when i open 2+ tabs in rapid succession my chrome freezes up for a bit and then says shockwave flash has crashed.

Google Chrome 13.0.782.220
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Did it again this time i got screenshots (tried to hit enter but its not working for some reason so...) 1 and then 2
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-09-04 at 02:31 AM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

I've gotten a similar error where the pages crashes, and Chrome just reports that something went wrong. It often breaks other tabs with it as well, including Youtube or other MMO-C tabs.

Google Chrome 13.0.782.218
    Windows XP SP2

If someone can give me a very specific list of steps, or even a general list of steps to re-produce the problem, I can help get it fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    If someone can give me a very specific list of steps, or even a general list of steps to re-produce the problem, I can help get it fixed.
    I experience crashes when browsing MMO-Champion on my iPhone 3GS through Safari. The software hasn't been updated for about half a year as I've lost my cable. I also seem to be unable to find a version number of the software, but nothing can be found in the phone. I've browsed MMO-C through this phone actively for the past two years but I've only had this problem sine the last few weeks.

The crashes occur when I click a link. The progress bar ticks once, filling perhaps 5-10% of the total bar, then it freezes. It seems completely random to me, my first thought was perhaps it's the advertisements, but it seems quite odd that it'd crash so early, before actually recieving any content. The crashes can occur when I open the front page, the forum index, the sub forum index or even threads, but no certain thread or section seems to crash more often than the other.

What I've noticed is that it occasionally seems to crash more often as sometimes the site is completely inaccessible - it crashes whenever I attempt to click anything - while at other times it works flawlessly. Perhaps it's time-related? I haven't thought much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    Most of the time when I notice it's when I go from any other website that isn't mmo-c, and then I click on either the home page button or the button in my toolbar to visit mmo-c. The number of tabs or windows I have no open has no effect. I seem to be the only person (at least that I've seen) that has my problem though, I posted it earlier on this page. I get the blank white pages way more often than I see errors. The errors I've only seen when I'm already on mmo-c and just browsing around it, or trying to make it posts, it does kind of random like Iyona said.

I am having the same issues with my iPhone 4 running actual iOS version. Safari sometimes completely freezes when i click on a Forum link or navigate through the forums using the drop-down menu at the bottom of a post. If i remember correctly, this started about 2 weeks ago.

As a sidenote, i never have this issues on regular safari on osx lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    If you get the problem when pressing enter and the line thing to show where your typing goes away then just adjust the size of the typing box and it should come back, but try clearing your cache.
    I had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    only seems to be problem with chrome
    happens on safari too, random lack of answer and browser' window closes itself

yup i crash all the time on this website, i've kinda cut down how many times i visit actually because im tired of having to reload all my tabs
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Something just came to my mind : All reported browsers having this problem (Chrome, Safari on iOS and whatever the android Browser is called) use the webkit rendering engine. Safari on regular Mac OS recentely got updated and might have a newer webkit version so the problem might not appear there. I don't know if webkit has an openly accessible Bug tracker, but maybe this would be a way to start looking for the error cause, there might be a known error with a specific css style Element or something simple like this...

Edit : Goto bugs.webkit.org --> Search for Freeze, there are A LOT of known errors, especially with gif Images. Maybe a banner on your mmo is causing the problem. Might be the reason the error appears so randomly.
    Last edited by yolani; 2011-09-06 at 11:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpdederp View Post
    I run chrome and don't have any problems with this site.
    I never had a problem either...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Firefox, never had problem on any website.

I have Chrome and have been having this issue for the past few weeks, with and without Adblock. I'm really glad to find these threads, I thought I was going crazy.

Sometimes I get enough warning, where hitting enter doesn't do anything, so I can copy and paste after reloading the tab to avoid a crash, and sometimes it just suddenly crashes (I get the Oh, Snap! or He's dead, Jim! message). I sometimes have only one tab open, and sometimes only for long enough to click a couple of threads, then type a few lines in the quick-reply. I very rarely do NOT have this issue. Luckily, I'm actually getting work done since I can't waste time here...

I'm using Chrome 13.0.782.112
    Ubuntu 10.10