Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like above I would recommend the following:

Get a steam account (it's free) and pick up:
    Knights of the Old Republic - it's available on steam -- good way to get excited for SW:TOR
    Guild Wars - same as above. Help get more excited for Guild Wars 2.
    Just Cause 2 - I'm playing this casually and every time I go on it's just a lot of fun
    The Witcher 2 - I'm also playing this casually. I have more fun with Just Cause 2 but it may be due to not getting too far into this game yet
    League of Legends - Fun if you want to just play a game for about an hour. This game is fun, but I recommend finding some good players that won't just quit if they aren't winning.

In addition to those I recommend checking out (also available on steam)
    - Bastion
    - Terraria
    - Dues Ex
    - Fall Out (pretty much all of them are fun)
    - Borderlands
    - Diablo 2 - if you plan on playing D3. Could be fun. I played it recently for awhile and had a ton of fun playing.

The last thign I would recommend is maybe trying an alt. I recently switched to my priest and I've been having a lot of fun (minus having to do the stupid molten front dailies...again...).

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, you can download free demo at steam.
    This do it, try out the demo SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

witcher 2 is a good game, but you're done with it in a week or two
    l4d2 never gets old to me really
    from dust is fun if you wanna be god for a little bit

lot of shit on netflix to watch too

Too many games you can try to get good sir. I mean if you want to wean your self off wow, just play other F2p games like warhammer and other sorts and if your into action games Hat fortress 5 (Tf2) is a good one. Portal 2 it...too many games I need to beat....

i quit wow to

really bored have nothing to do :<

wow is bored for me now i play wow since 2005

Deleted
    free to play, World of Tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Come PVP in Dragon Nest, it's actually an enormous amount of fun.

You really need to tell what kind of genres you like. FPS, RTS, RPG, racing, fighting etc

of course you are. Blizzard has barely added any variety to WoW, just more of the same milking the base while they sent their real Dev's to work on Titan.

i mean doing something real good in such a narrow scope is going to only last so long. i supposed if you pvp and pve then its got more life, but otherwise its redundant as hell, and the Blizztards go out of their way excusing it as all fine and dandy. its about time account dropoffs occurred slapping them in the face back to reality. sooner or later they'll have to cut down jobs and worry about that. its what they deserve tho milking the game and being so complacent with its already limited acftivities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Make sure to check out some indie titles. Minecraft takes an obscene amount of my time when I take breaks from wow. Terraria is very good as well. Also there are a lot of freebie MMOs that are worth checking out. Many of these have been listed already.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

After New Years this year I took 5 months off from the game and went to the gym daily and went out with friends regularly on weeknights and weekends, coming back to the game casual now it's fun because it was a long break after years of raiding but yes I'd say take 30 minutes of quiet time to figure out what you really enjoy (gaming or otherwise) and start to spend more time focused on that instead. If the game feels like a 2nd job it's not a game, it's a chore. Do what makes you happy not what's routine. I decided to stick it out to see Deathwing but I don't plan to play in the next xpac unless it blows cata and wrath out of the water (I miss BC terribly).

I get bored of WoW also but that happens when i do anything alot. I take breaks from it. I'll be playing Battlefield 3 when it comes out and Trying out Diablo 3. Can't forget about SWTOR. I'll keep my Sub active while im jumping around these games.

I've you are going to be playing one of the MMORPG's coming out later this year, I'd say don't fill your in-between time with another MMORPG. Take some time off so you can really enjoy the new games .. and it will only be a couple / few months.

Try some of the FPS or single RPG games mentioned earlier.

Catch some TV classics.

Between TOR (holiday 2011), GW2 (2011-2012), and the Secret World (spring next year?) coming out, theres going to be plenty of stuff to do .. no need to rush into an older MMO now.

Anyone who plays wow 24/7 and no other games is going to get very bored of it. This would apply to any other game as well, especially one that's been out for like 6 years. I actually don't get bored with the game at all because I find it more of a social thing where I am having fun with friends and whatnot. Yes we raid and do progression but we have a good time in the process. If you're bored of the game just go play other games, I am sure you'll want to come back to WoW at some point.

I personally think the game is better then it has ever been. Blizzard is doing a great job overall in such a complex game! So can these people quite the QQing and just leave the game already if it's no longer fun for them. It's still fun for millions of other people.

Bastion
    Terraria
    Batman Arkham City
    Skyrim
    Path of Exile
    Diablo 3

The best way you can communicate your boredom with WoW to blizzard, is to cancel your account and put your thoughts in the cancellation comments. You can always come back for a later patch, or expansion.

There's a bunch of good alternatives immediately available.

World of Tanks if Free-2-Play first person shooter based on...tanks. Its ridicuously fun. The F2P parts are so good that I have a hard time understanding how they'll get me to pay for content...probably more tank slots later on.

LOTRO is F2P and very solid from a PvE perspective. For about $50 you can buy most of the content for the first 2 expansions and play indefinitely. They have solo instances (skirmishes), the 'path of the titans' idea intended for Cataclysm (but dropped) was inspired by Turbine's trait system. Graphics scale really nicely.

Rift is a great MMO that represents the combined best parts of Warhammer Online, WoW, and EQ. I've been having great fun in it; the public quests and world events keep the world active.

If you're not interesting in MMOs, there's years of RPGs still available: Bioshock 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2; Dragon Age 1 & 2. ME3 is due next year.

Torchlight is a great single player game; you can play it to get ready for Torchlight 2 which will be multiplayer.

Team Fortress 2 is a F2P title now. I can't tell why you'd want to pay for stuff in the game ... its all cosmetics. You could also pick up Battlefield 2: Bad Company for dirt cheap right now.

Coming soon: Battlefield 3; Batman: Arkham City; Skyrim; Star Wars: The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 is most likely a spring 2012 title.

I'd advise not to buy Diablo 3 -- the Real Money Auction House is going to have a siginificant impact upon the community and corrupt the gameplay over time IMHO. I don't see a reason to encourage Activision's insidious introduction of real $ transactions into what should be a popcorn game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Rift is a great MMO that represents the combined best parts of Warhammer Online, WoW, and EQ. I've been having great fun in it; the public quests and world events keep the world active.
    you too eh? i just rediscovered it too last week. Great fun, my main complaints about wow were the world feeling and the community, so far rift has fixed both.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Checkers.

10chars

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Deleted
    Fallout New Vegas
    Assasins creed Brotherhood
    Mass Effect 2
    The witcher 2
    Dragons Age: Origins

I picked up Global Agenda recently and it's fun. It's also free to play (as of spring this year), even better Nice game design since everything is accessible for free except mailboxes and the AH. Cash shop sells stuff to level faster but no game breaking gear, just cosmetic junk and pets.

It's a sci-fi MMOFPS variation of WoW, queueable dungeons, pvp .. it requires more computer power than WoW though, so probably need a computer thats ~ 2008+ on low settings at a minimum .. I'd go for high framerate because it would be tedious to try to aim with a low framerate.

Might try youtube, search for .. "best MMO 2011", "top 10 games 2011" .. plenty of reviews and footage of people willing to do a countdown to #1 for ya... The results are going to be all over the place, but it's a start.

Theres plenty of games, free or paid for, depends what you like.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-14 at 08:16 PM.