Poll: Do you miss the zombies?

Thread: Resident Evil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Having never really played Resident Evil, I played Veronica a little bit, but turned it off later, because I was scared :P Years later I played the RE5 demo... And turned it off due to how idiotic it seemed... "So, I'm in Africa... Shooting zombies, in broad daylight, with a parter... And this is scary because...?"... But I'll most likely buy the upcoming one, it looks neat.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Having never really played Resident Evil, I played Veronica a little bit, but turned it off later, because I was scared :P Years later I played the RE5 demo... And turned it off due to how idiotic it seemed... "So, I'm in Africa... Shooting zombies, in broad daylight, with a parter... And this is scary because...?"... But I'll most likely buy the upcoming one, it looks neat.
    RE 4-5 is what started the change to the serious unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I(m thinking of downloading (sue me) Resident Evil 1 after playing Resident Evil 5 at a friend of mine this weekend, while talking how awesome the older games were.

But I do wonder, is it still worth it? Or will the simple graphics and physics etc. annoy the hell out of me? Do mind that I played Final Fantasy 8 again a few months ago and loved it. Didn't care much about the graphics etc.
    try RE2 or RE3 instead, graphics and gameplay are much better, RE zero is very good also and so is code veronica( only reason i bought a dreamcast way back when)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Exactly, the survival horror aspect is gone. It's not the zombies, it's that atmosphere and constant feeling you're going to die. In RE5 you hid behind but loads of ammo and explosions.

Granted I think RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time (IMO), RE5 didn't do a whole lot for me.

capcom gonna sell out and just gonna make FPS's like everyone else and charge you $5 DLC's for new zombies, then later on come up with a ultimate super fantastic resident evil 6 and make some more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil 5 is better than the first one in all aspects I can think. RE2 stills my favorite one, but it is pure nostalgia.

Yes do miss them a lot. RE will always have a spot in my heart for one of the best zombie games.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Resident Evil 5 is better than the first one in all aspects I can think. RE2 stills my favorite one, but it is pure nostalgia.
    I'm sure it's a great game (not really), but how can a horror game be a horrific, when it's in broad daylight and you have ammo a plenty and a buddy?

RE5 was more like a action adventure game then a survival horror.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it's a great game (not really), but how can a horror game be a horrific, when it's in broad daylight and you have ammo a plenty and a buddy?
    First of all, calling RE series "horrific" is laughable. It isn't. Silent Hill was scary, Clock Tower was scary, Phantasmagoria was scary. The only "horrific" RE that I ever played was Gun Survivor, which is a FPS. Is a little ironic, isn't it?

Second, the daylight doesn't change anything. I'm not a 5 years old kid that is afraid of the dark, it is not the night that makes a game scary. Left 4 Dead 2 has a daylight campaign and it is very good, for example.

Third, the game is not that easy. Of course, you can play the same stage a thousand times, farm up ammo and gold and go to the last level, but it is up to you to play that way. You're free to put ammo/weapons on the chest between the chapters and make it harder, by yourself. Capcom does not force you to use everything the game gives you.
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2011-09-05 at 04:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    First of all, calling RE series "horrific" is laughable. It isn't. Silent Hill was scary, Clock Tower was scary, Phantasmagoria was scary. The only "horrific" RE that I ever played was Gun Survivor, which is a FPS. Is a little ironic, isn't it?

Second, the daylight doesn't change anything. I'm not a 5 years old kid that is afraid of the dark, it is not the "night" that makes a game scary. Left 4 Dead 2 has a daylight campaign and it is very good, for example.

Third, the game is not that easy. Of course, you can play the same stage a thousand times, farm up ammo and gold and go to the last level, but it is up to you to play that way. You're free to put ammo/weapons on the chest between the chapters and make it harder, by yourself. Capcom does not force you to use everything the game gives you.
    A horror game is surely meant to be horrific, not saying it always works though.