10+ Year Old Account

Help this healer's pally please.

So I have a pally in my guild that is a healer. A lot of the people in my guild says she isn't pulling her weight and is going to be replaced, however. I think this pally has very good potential and knows her class. Anyways, I have some logs showing what her healing does as a general. Kissara is the pally's name. Thanks for the help, also I would provide the link but the site is undergoing work.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/71396/

I looked through the first log - Staghelm in particular and didn't notice too many things out of place. Good cooldown usage, spell selection seems more or less correct. The only thing that was a red flag for me was that beacon healing seemed a little low, maybe forgot to refresh @ 5m? Now there's a lot of subjectiveness there though - as a paladin she's probably assigned to keeping the tank topped and splashing raid healing when possible, if the tank is dying a lot, then that's a fail there. So it's not just a numbers game, but if her target is living who cares what the numbers are, she's probably just getting outsniped. Who cares?

Looks like out-sniped to me as well.
    A paladins job is typically to keep a tank alive.
    Your baleroc parse for example basically shows this paladin is doing the right thing.

Deleted
    Ye i agree totally. On 25man paladin cant compete against other healers in total hps since most needs loads of aoe healing. Paladin is still a MT healer even with our aoe heals. Our aoe heals are mostly just for backup and for the really heavy aoe phases. If tank doesnt die paladin does hes job good. Ofc that depends if other healers have to help too much that it effects on raid healing.

For Majordomo she was healing the tank too much directly in the scorpion phase. Especially all those Holy Lights she put on the tank are way out of order (you're wasting half of the HL's potential by doing that)

Except for that as others said: The problem doesn't seem to come from her doing things wrong, but rather from you having way too many healers - or you doing odd healing assignments.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    Your baleroc parse for example basically shows this paladin is doing the right thing.
    To me having almost 100% uptime on a very very low stacked vital flame (47 stacks at the end of the fight? !_!) doesn't look right to me.
    But then this looks mainly like a mistake in explaining the healing assignments on this boss and taking 6 healers on normal mode when 4-5 are enough.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2011-08-30 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    The problem doesn't seem to come from her doing things wrong, but rather from you having way too many healers - or you doing odd healing assignments.
    Ye that i found odd too. Way too many healers mostly. Like shannox 6 healers and no one doing 10k hps = can loose easily 1 healer and make the encounter much shorter.
    On Beth´tilac no one can compete with druids and pally is mostly singletarget healing tanks there is no way he can beat any other healer with the aoe healing and imo he shouldnt even try with your setup of healers. Now if you look at Alysrazor healing done he is 2nd. That is mostly because it needs more singletarget healing then aoe. If you want more hps with all healers drop a healer and change the healing assignments.

I would be more concerned about your other holy paladin, Quadrax on his Ragnaros healing, unless you put him in an area where there was little to no damage outside of magma traps.
    As far as Kissara is concerned I think you should talk to her and ask whats up. Baleroc healing seemed extraordinarily low, but that could be a misunderstanding of the fight mechanics rather than simply not knowing how to play a holy paladin correctly. I know it took me a couple of kills to fully understand how the fight worked (for some dumb reason, I think probably because my healing team at the time was over complicating it).
    On the other hand I noticed that she was gemming for socket bonuses, which was not something you did in Wrath and still not something you do as a holy paladin in Cataclysm. Also, she's losing out on a lot by having that blue trinket equipped, see if you can't help her replace that. (And no, the Hyjal daily quest trinkets aren't good for a holy paladin, they're terrible. =/ )

Actually quintessence recforged to haste is a good hold over until something else comes along

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Actually quintessence recforged to haste is a good hold over until something else comes along
    It's better than what she has now yes, but it's not something that you should hang on too, is what I probably should have said.
    (in all honesty, should already have it). A reg Cho'gall kill or two would do her really well, the trinket there would be a nice holdover until she grabs something from firelands, and it would make a pretty big difference in her output as well. higher mana efficiency through combat regen and a large amount of raw intellect to increase both her mana pool and spellpower, it's what I've been using in Heroic Firelands since....well....since this patch. lol. haven't gotten any upgrades but they're still doing really well.

Edit: I should probably also mention (since many fail to recognize this) as a solo player you can only do so much to progress yourself, before kicking her out you should consider if she's done as much as she can do to improve herself, and if she's still lacking ask yourself is it because of a lack of gear (something that the guild could have helped her with along the way) or a lack of brains. I recently left my last guild because I was kept a trial for 7 weeks, due to falling behind on gear in Heroic firelands, however their loot rules were gear goes to raiders before it goes to trials, I only got the left overs which was very rare and very few.
    Last edited by Cyriaa; 2011-08-30 at 06:20 PM.