Thread: Trinket????

Red face Trinket????

Hello fellow shamans. need help !!!!!

What trinket is best for a ele shaman, if im Hit cap. DM:Volcano and Necromantic focus ore Fiery Quintessence and Rune of Zeth and Heart of Ignacious.
    And not to forget Theralion's Mirror..

what trikets is best for best dps ....

Best reguards ure fellow shaman Jeza.

Pretty sure BiS trinkets are DMV(still) and Heroic DF.

Sporebat trinket for the DPS!

It all depends - but DMC:V and HC NF is simming as BiS. Normal NF and FQ is fairly close. All are better then Mirror or what ever "old" trinket you have... Rune of Zeth just isn't any good for elementals bc of the crit on it

Deleted
    Hmm this is what Radux said in another thread about trinkets :-

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    DMC:V is currently the best trinket available for Elemental. It's better than even the heroic versions of all spell trinkets. Get it.

378 BiS: DMC:V & NF
    391 BiS: DMC:V & H NF
    So really, even normal mode it would be NF + DMC:V. The problem with FQ is that it shines best when you line it up with your Fire Elemental totem, but recent debates about the trinket suggest that unless you have really good RNG, if you wait to line the trinket up with Fire Ele, you can end up wasting a "use" over a 5 -6 minute fight, which obviously degrades the trinket's effectiveness a little.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-08-30 at 02:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Hmm this is what Radux said in another thread about trinkets :-

So really, even normal mode it would be NF + DMC:V. The problem with FQ is that it shines best when you line it up with your Fire Elemental totem, but recent debates about the trinket suggest that unless you have really good RNG, if you wait to line the trinket up with Fire Ele, you can end up wasting a "use" over a 5 -6 minute fight, which obviously degrades the trinket's effectiveness a little.
    This. FQ is very reliant to your 2pc RNG and even if you could maybe get a bit more DPS outta it than NF (non-HC) it's just not really worth the hassle. NF is a reliable DPS-boost everywhere and always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    This. FQ is very reliant to your 2pc RNG and even if you could maybe get a bit more DPS outta it than NF (non-HC) it's just not really worth the hassle. NF is a reliable DPS-boost everywhere and always.
    They're pretty comparable. I'm using FQ mostly because I'm passing on Necromantic Focus in favor of guild members who get a much bigger upgrade out of the Necromantic Focus, but that's a guild improvement angle rather than a personal optimization one. Ideally, I'd like to move to the NF solely because it removes a complicating factor with the Fire Elemental; while the FQ's boost is significant (and what catches it up with the NF in general), you need to be trying to time your elemental with the FQ bonus, which means I'm re-casting as close to the 90 second mark as I can, to not lose FQ uptime. The alternative is that I'd wait for a Volcanic Destruction proc to re-drop instead. Less balls to keep in the air with a slight DPS gain is a good thing, or even if it's basically even on the DPS.

I was playing around with FQ over the weekend and decided to try it in raid this week. The ICD of the 2pc T12 seems to be 90s. Both DMC:V + FQ has 90s CD and on a target dummy I can get them to line up consistently over the course of a normal encounter duration. I am redropping Fire Ele every ~90-100s instead of 120s however and I am not sure if the lost GCD is a dps loss over waiting for a full 2min Fire Elemental. A rough way to tell would be to do both and see the Fire Elemental damage difference then factor in what you could have done with those GCDs. Another note is that Elemental Mastery lines up with the trinket CD as well (at least in my current gear).