Help with "The Insane"

Hi, as a (semi) long-term goal I decided to go for "The Insane" title. I have read up a bit on what is needed but I am unable to find many comprehensive updated guides, most of the ones I found contained outdated information which was now irrelevant.

My main problem at the moment is Bloodsaill Buccaneer's (Honored). I read somewhere that doing a quest line in Booty Bay will cause Booty Bay to become phased and turn the guards into level 35 so they no longer 1hit me (I'm a Shadow Priest). It was working fine but I decided to continue the quest line because it was giving about 600+ Steemwheedle Cartel rep per quest. Turns out I went too far into the quest line and The zone is un-phased again and I can no longer get easy Bloodsail Rep there.

So what am I meant to do for Bloodsail Buccaneers Repuatation now? The only other things I can think of is that area in Arathi Highlands where there is a couple of NPCs that give about 10 rep each on a slow respawn.

TL;DR: What is the quickest way to farm Bloodsail Buccaneer's repuatation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want the insane? Go for it, kill those +10 rep guys :P
    Mindless...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fastest way to increase you reputation with the Bloodsail Buccaneers is to kill Booty Bay Bruisers
    http://www.wowhead.com/faction=87

Really, read the comments on that page and you should know all you need to know.

I've love to but I'm a Shadow priest, not a Blood DK. They have 460k health and often hit for over 50,000.

Unfortunatley i think now the only way to do it efficiently is to get a grp and do it. I have heard of a mob that was auto spawn that gave 5 rep per kill, but im not sure if he is around anymore.
    What i wanna know is, im already exlated with all the steamwheedle cartel. if i grind bloodsail to honored for the insane credit, to i have to regrind the goblins??? was painful enough the first time.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Unfortunatley i think now the only way to do it efficiently is to get a grp and do it. I have heard of a mob that was auto spawn that gave 5 rep per kill, but im not sure if he is around anymore.
    What i wanna know is, im already exlated with all the steamwheedle cartel. if i grind bloodsail to honored for the insane credit, to i have to regrind the goblins??? was painful enough the first time.
    I've looked into that, you don't need to have all the reps at the same time. Once you get a rep to exalted you get the achievement and you cannot lose that achievement. at the moment I'm grinding pirates for Steamwheedle exalted then I'm going to do Bloodsail.

booty bay guards shouldn't 1 hit you. I declared war on them and can kill several of them at once. They're not quite as weak as the ones in Ratchett but they're still pretty easy, assuming yer 85. To answer yer question, I think there's a bunch of pirates out there in Tanaris that give you some rep for killing them, but they might have been removed with the release of cata

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    CheeseSandwich, Once you have earned the credit towards "Insane in the membrane" , You dont have to keep the rep anymore. A nice way to see if you have made the credit for it is to make a macro of this:
    " /run SendChatMessage(GetAchievementLink(2336),"say") " or by this:
    " /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffffff00\124Hachievement:2336:"..UnitGUID("player").." :0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Insane in the Membrane]\124h\124r"); "

The credit will highlight the text in green

What I did was go to the phased zone, set my guy to sit in the room behind Baron Revilgaz, make an autohotkey to spam 2 every second http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t25906-autohotkey_thread/

I made a macro saying

/target baron
    /use Battle Standard of Coordination
    /use Standard of Unity
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /castsequence chain lightning, thunderstorm

sticky tape down my 2 key and went to bed, 2-3 nights later I was honored, hand in all the cloth to get back to nuetral (hand in as much everlook as you can) and repeat on fleet master pirate guy until revered booty bay then the pirates that are fighting the shredders in tanaris/ do all the quests that give rep.

Since you cant do the zoned thing have a friend or a second account group with you and do it.

also note that baron/fleet master will spawn every 1 minute if you are about 30 yards away, but take 1.5 minutes if you are standing where they spawn.

Now i just need 100 darkmoon decks zzz.
    Last edited by Kegsta; 2011-08-30 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kegsta View Post
    what i did was go to the phased zone, set my guy to sit in the room behind baron revilgaz, make an autohotkey to spam 2 every second http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t25906-autohotkey_thread/

i made a macro saying

/target baron
    /use battle standard of coordination
    /use standard of unity
    /stopmacro [noexists]

sticky tape down my 2 key and went to bed, 2-3 nights later i was honored, hand in all the cloth to get back to nuetral (hand in as much everlook as you can) and repeat on fleet master pirate guy until revered booty bay then the pirates that are fighting the shredders in tanaris/ do all the quests that give rep.

Since you cant do the zoned thing have a friend or a second account group with you and do it.

Also note that baron/fleet master will spawn every 1 minute if you are about 30 yards away, but take 1.5 minutes if you are standing where they spawn.

ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Thats what i had to do ><

Simple solution: don't solo it.

More complicated solution: er... continue as you were?

I did mine before the phasing quests were in, duo'd with a mage friend. I was mostly just along for the ride, but being hated by so many goblins was too obnoxious to leave alone so I wound up grinding my Goblin reps back up later.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuddt View Post
    ban ban ban ban ban ban ban
    I've been using AHK for 5 years, its no different to using a Logitech g15.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    I've been using AHK for 5 years, its no different to using a Logitech g15.
    meh, to each his own I guess.
    Last edited by bigbuddt; 2011-08-31 at 03:58 AM.

Very glad i farmed this part of the insane pre Cata, though i gotta say i agree with Kegsta with the autohotkey, i mean it's either that or mindless farming (as it is originally intended!!! stop whining you dont have to farm librams anymore!)

Theres a spot named faldir's cove in Arathi Highlands with a few mobs from booty bay that give bloodsail rep when you kill them. Other than that a certain point in the Booty Bay quest line, Booty Bay will be under attack, all the high level guards will phase out into level 35 guards and all the npcs and still there, killable with rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    What I did was go to the phased zone, set my guy to sit in the room behind Baron Revilgaz, make an autohotkey to spam 2 every second http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t25906-autohotkey_thread/

I made a macro saying

/target baron
    /use Battle Standard of Coordination
    /use Standard of Unity
    /stopmacro [noexists]

sticky tape down my 2 key and went to bed, 2-3 nights later I was honored, hand in all the cloth to get back to nuetral (hand in as much everlook as you can) and repeat on fleet master pirate guy until revered booty bay then the pirates that are fighting the shredders in tanaris/ do all the quests that give rep.

also note that baron/fleet master will spawn every 1 minute if you are about 30 yards away, but take 1.5 minutes if you are standing where they spawn.

LOL 10 char