Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[TV] Jersey Shore. Why in the hell do people watch it?

I mean really, it must exists because people willingly watch it. A show entirely about Brainless Sex? How can people honestly watch brain-dead reality shows like this? Please explain.

I like watching the dumbest people on the planet fail at doing the simplest of things, it makes me feel better.
    + Pauly D is funny as hell.
    Shame there are only ugly chicks though =/

It's like an extremely disastrous car crash involving a commercial airliner and a train.

You just can't look away.

Where else will teenagers learn to be douchebags and trashy whores!?

Because people are stupid and even the most inane form of entertainment is good enough when they have to get their daily fix. That's all anyone cares about. Being entertained as much as possible and being a good little cog in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Where else will teenagers learn to be douchebags and trashy whores!?

Trailer Park Boys

10+ Year Old Account
    It's insanely funny to see the situation be a super dickhead and still get girls. Pauly Dee is the man ! how a man can wear that hair and still get girls is beyond me .. and also the girls fight all the time which is pretty entertaining

the obvious culture anecdote the show gives is timeless.

also i love watching stupid douches acted drunk and retarded and fuck sluts.

Can't stand anything related to this show, even the South Park episode where they were spoofing it annyoed me, being from Southern PA. myself I experienced a lot of people from Jersey myself, not all of the people there are like that which is cool, but the ones who are you just want to stab them in the eyeball with a hot soldering iron (+1 if you catch the reference). What amazes me more is how the hell does 'Snookie' get so much exposure from that show, she is absolutely disgusting, nothing about that woman is attractive, period.

Deleted
    It's just funny when "The Situation" makes people fight, takes credit for other peoples' feats, and then gets all mad when he can't steal his friends' girls.

Deleted
    I personally dont watch shit like that because.. well its shit, but think of Jersey Shore as a car crash, ppl will stop to look at it because they cant belive it just happend.

Deleted
    I was going through the channels seeing if there was anything good on. Then Jersey Shore comes on. Mike "The Situation". What the absolute fuck, thats not a valid last name! I think its just fun to watch idiots try to live. Plus they talk stupid and it makes me laugh

I swear we real italians are not like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I swear we real italians are not like that...
    Of course we're not. Hell, those freaks aren't even human frelling beings.

Stupid people need to watch other stupid people, it's all they can understand.

Love the show.
    absolutely hilarious + I see Mike "the Situation" as some kind of a mentor

I actually sat through a whole episode once, it caused me physical pain to do so though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just like it. Don't really know how to explain it. The guys are hilarious, the drama is always over the top, and I love gossip. Everyone on it is a caricature. I can't wait for them to go to Italy next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseriaScH View Post
    Can't stand anything related to this show, even the South Park episode where they were spoofing it annyoed me, being from Southern PA. myself I experienced a lot of people from Jersey myself, not all of the people there are like that which is cool, but the ones who are you just want to stab them in the eyeball with a hot soldering iron (+1 if you catch the reference). What amazes me more is how the hell does 'Snookie' get so much exposure from that show, she is absolutely disgusting, nothing about that woman is attractive, period.
    I am actually from the Jersey shore. Born and raised in Ocean County and have lived here all my life. Trust me, locals don't act like these morons at all. None of the people on that train wreck of a show are actually from the shore. All of them are Bennys. As for Snookie, she is even more ugly in person. I work at the boardwalk (PPB one) so I see these retards in person over the summer and Snookie actually gets less ugly on TV. In her case, being on screen took off her weight.
    Last edited by Goochy; 2011-02-21 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling.
    Goochy

I've watched all the seasons so far and I still have no clue why it's so stupid, yet amazing at the same time.