Thread: Guild Wars 1

Deleted

Guild Wars 1

Who's playing it or planning to play? From GW2 thread looks like few are playing GW1 or planning to get started with their hall of monuments.

I got bored of WOW few months ago and started to play GW1 again and discovered the fun of doing elite areas with heroes, since Anet have gave players ability to do full hero party. Like at the moment I am farming DOA with heroes and once in awhile FOW. It's quite exciting to do these areas without some gimmick pug teams.

Already went and played, did War in Kryta and Hearts of the North, got my HoM points, sold my crappy 6th year gifts, never playing it again.

Deleted
    Done with my HOM up to 30, not too bothered about getting points after that. They also expanded that Guild Wars Beyond with new story arc Winds of Change which is supposedly 3 part where 1st part have been released. It's supposed to set story for Cantha and wouldn't surprise me if first expansion for GW2 was in Cantha and Anet was just setting story ready for it.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2011-08-30 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    I've picked it up again recently to get my HoM points for GW2.

Give me a PM with your in game name and i'll add you, I've got my ranger in EotN at the moment to unlock the HoM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it since 2005, it's been on the decline ever since eotn, it's not much fun anymore because the few people who still play are doing endgame like realm of torment and there are almost no players in the old mission outposts. I loved it while it was in its prime though and would still recommend it if you're looking to experience the predecessor to Guild Wars 2.
    PS, link your HoM!

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAUGIAAAAAAAA

I tried it before. I found GW1 to be rather stupid. It felt more like a single player rpg. You could only move on paths, couldn't go out into the forest. couldn't go into water. couldn't jump. I stopped after 2 hours.

Deleted
    My HoM http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAWKIIAAAAAAA

not playing anymore, gave away most of my stuff

if anyone plays dervish or assassin I can give u a very good scythe, I got some spears/shields for paragon too and some necromancer/mesmer junk...

I actually tried doing this as I plan/ed on getting GW2 and got thru about 4 quests before wanting to kill myself and I uninstalled the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I actually tried doing this as I plan/ed on getting GW2 and got thru about 4 quests before wanting to kill myself and I uninstalled the game.
    What campaign did you start with? I know that if I started with Prophecies, I'd throw the game away furiously. Luckily I entered prophecies after 1,000 hours of gameplay in other campaigns, so there was no throwing away anymore, only pain

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I wanted to check it out since I have not played since Nightfall came out but I guess my account is lost in limbo I had the CE of the original and had 4 maxed out toons. There is I guess no way to recover my account since the game discs went up in my housefire 2 years ago. I thought the original was pretty boring I tried it prior to trying WoW my brother and I farmed a lot using whatever the OP build at the time was ranger/necro was one. The game looked good but the playstyle was just awful PVP was bad. I have preordered GW2 but I assume it will be similar to the first one in gamestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I wanted to check it out since I have not played since Nightfall came out but I guess my account is lost in limbo I had the CE of the original and had 4 maxed out toons. There is I guess no way to recover my account since the game discs went up in my housefire 2 years ago. I thought the original was pretty boring I tried it prior to trying WoW my brother and I farmed a lot using whatever the OP build at the time was ranger/necro was one. The game looked good but the playstyle was just awful PVP was bad. I have preordered GW2 but I assume it will be similar to the first one in gamestyle.
    I bitched and moaned at them a bit since my discs were long gone and they eventually recovered my account for me anyway.