Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should I tell my guildie?

So one of our locks recently switched to demo and I was the influence or inspiration but thing is. He's doing 10k less dps than me on fights like heroic majordomo and Rhyolith and 7k less on single target fights with no gimmicks. I noticed that he doesn't even use felpuppy but felguard instead. I feel like there's no possible way that I can close in that dps gap by that much so what should I do? :S
    Last edited by dalliah1; 2011-08-30 at 11:39 PM.

Tell him. It's team work in a guild.

If I had a dude on my line who couldn't skate/shoot/or pass ~ He would be hearing it.

Why allow him to continue as a degenerate when you can help him out a lil?

Can't tell if serious... Are you honestly asking a group of strangers whether or not you should help your guildie, a person who you should at least consider an acquaintance if not a friend, how to maximize his DPS? Tell him, if not to help him out, then at least to ensure that your guild continues to progress...

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

If you aren't collaborating with the members of your class in your guild you're probably doing something wrong.

He's there trying to kill the same bosses as you, why wouldn't you want them dying faster?

yep, tell him. it will help the raid as a whole. maybe next time it will be him having knowledge that you do not. would you want him to tell you?

If you guys are in heroic firelands and hes doing 7-10k less dps than he used to. You should tell him to change back asap because hes hurting your guilds progession hard with that much loss of dps. Even if, HE himself should know when hes doing less dps. Bad player is bad i guess.

I doubt it will improve his performance any because even as affliction he was pretty horrible but i'll let him know ^_^

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    If you guys are in heroic firelands and hes doing 7-10k less dps than he used to. You should tell him to change back asap because hes hurting your guilds progession hard with that much loss of dps. Even if, HE himself should know when hes doing less dps. Bad player is bad i guess.
    Not 7-10k dps than he use too. He never did much to begin with. He's doing 7-10k dps less than ME! regardless of the pet. I think he might be experimenting with the pets to try and find a way to reach me on the dps meters or he's just clueless but you would think a lock in a heroic guild would know the basics of his class -_- even as aff, he did way less than our main affliction lock

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    There should always be open discussion between members of a common class to improve each other's performance.
    I agree, communication is very important.

If he's doing 7-10k less than he should, its more than just pet choice... he has to be doing something seriously wrong to be down that much damage. As others have said, he's helping you kill bosses, your goal should be for him to do the best job he can, to make it easier for everyone else...

Only time I wouldn't try to help someone is if they're ona those "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! IT'S MY 15$ A MONTH, I PLAYZ HOW I WANTZ!" people... and if he's one of those people, better to replace him >.>

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I doubt it will improve his performance any because even as affliction he was pretty horrible but i'll let him know ^_^
    You should at least try. Helping members in a guild get better is never a bad thing. Like others have said, its a team and being a contributing member of that team is important. Whatever can be done to improve the guild should be a priority imo.

If he doesnt listen to you or continues to do subpar dps then you can say screw it. Not giving advice is one thing but if he wont listen to improve his game, thats his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    If he's doing 7-10k less than he should, its more than just pet choice... he has to be doing something seriously wrong to be down that much damage. As others have said, he's helping you kill bosses, your goal should be for him to do the best job he can, to make it easier for everyone else...

Only time I wouldn't try to help someone is if they're ona those "I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! IT'S MY 15$ A MONTH, I PLAYZ HOW I WANTZ!" people... and if he's one of those people, better to replace him >.>
    Yeah I really don't know what he's doing wrong.. I can't possibly see what it could be with that much of a dps gap. last night on Domo I did 29.8k and he did 22.3.. and our gear is about the same. We both have heroic weapons off Rhyolith, etc.. so I have no clue but i'll try helping him out and if it doesn't help, maybe I should talk to our GM and tell him that he's not doing what he should be

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be best to tell your warlock friend to rework his talents, rework his rotation, and use the correct pet for single target. If he becomes a baby about it and rage quits - well that is his problem.

i cant imagine you're working on heroics and you're the only person in the group noticing his huge dps decrease.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 05:42 PM ----------

Not 7-10k dps than he use too. He never did much to begin with. He's doing 7-10k dps less than ME! regardless of the pet. I think he might be experimenting with the pets to try and find a way to reach me on the dps meters or he's just clueless but you would think a lock in a heroic guild would know the basics of his class -_- even as aff, he did way less than our main affliction lock
    If he is so terrible at everything, why on earth is he in your progress guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlark View Post
    i cant imagine you're working on heroics and you're the only person in the group noticing his huge dps decrease.
    Don't stand in bad stuff > Dps is how our GM sees it perhaps and he doesn't really die much but I was just informed that he clicks every single one of his abilities

Deleted
    Don't stand in bad stuff > Dps is how our GM sees it perhaps and he doesn't really die much but I was just informed that he clicks every single one of his abilities
    Jesus this annoys me. Outside of PvP clicking does not = bad.

Clever use of macros and an ability to mouse move when necessary is all you need to rival anyone in PvE.

I click and I do just fine. Ofc you need to be able to click your abilities in the correct order at the correct times but the point stands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell him, maybe that 7K helps you progress.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    I am wondering why the rest of your guild doesn't question the huge difference. At least in my guild when players of the same class and specc/role and similar gear got a huge difference in dps without having any different tasks we do question it. I guess that the lack of communication is general then.
    If he is the kind of "I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING" guy you can support your argument with world of logs or this forum.
    We had a similar problem in my guild, a certain player would go all defensive if we criticized him. He would tell that we don't know shit because we didn't play his class. So I asked the same questions that I asked him in his class discussion forum here on MMO. For my surprise it was very helpful and he had to read strangers opinions instead of ours to take the criticism and improve himself. It worked.
    At the end of the day you want to down the boss and not individually compete, right?

Yeah you should tell him how to do better, its not like you are competing for the 1 warlock slot in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best you can do is tell him and post a wol log and an armory on the forums so we can actually see what he is doing wrong, at least if he agrees with that.
    If we know what your guildie is doing wrong, we can help him to improve. Not only will it make him better but you'll also get faster kills due more dps

While swapping pets gives a decent dpsincrease, 7k is a lot more then just using the wrong pet.
    He is probally making some serious mistakes. Low uptimes, wrong stat or castpriority, maybe just something stupid like not using chalice before meta and dg.