Thread: Gtx 570/580

Gtx 570/580

Is the difference between the two drastic/minimal or would it be a wiser decision to just fork out the money for the 580 for future-proofing?

I've done a bit of looking into it through reviews and it seems like it's a 50/50. But the strange part is all the reviews having the 570 on top, as being the best current GPU on the market; didn't have the 580 as a comparison in regards to other cards on the market. I'm a couple of weeks from a new build that I'm wanting to use for Skyrim, Diablo, SWTOR, and possibly BF3. I should also mention the money isn't a problem, just want some feedback between the two.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elica View Post

Someone told me that air is bad, so I've decided to stop breathing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having a gtx 570 myself i can say that it's a super good card for it's money. It's only a little bit slower than the gtx 580 (i think 5-10% or less).It's up to you really if you think those extra % are worth the higher price. You could also consider the Ati 6970, which is very similar to the gtx 570 and as fast as a gtx 580 in some games. If you want the most high end card you could go for a gtx 590 which is around 15-20% faster compared to the gtx 570. All these cards are future proof. You will be able to enjoy all your games for at least a year or 3 on high/medium.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    Having a gtx 570 myself i can say that it's a super good card for it's money. It's only a little bit slower than the gtx 580 (i think 5-10% or less).It's up to you really if you think those extra % are worth the higher price. You could also consider the Ati 6970, which is very similar to the gtx 570 and as fast as a gtx 580 in some games. If you want the most high end card you could go for a gtx 590 which is around 15-20% faster compared to the gtx 570. All these cards are future proof. You will be able to enjoy all your games for at least a year or 3 on high/medium.
    I heard the 590 is having some problems with some games, it's better to go SLi instead of dual GPU.

Deleted
    Here is a comparison:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/306?vs=305

If that is drastic or minimal is up the individual I reckon.

Thanks Marest, I hadn't stumbled upon that website. Showing the 580 higher in all tests with 3 ties, so I'm going to assuming it's going to future proof better for the games I want.

@volar Oh, and I spoke to loosely. Money isn't an issue between the 570/580 but I can't afford a 590. /sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Elica View Post

Someone told me that air is bad, so I've decided to stop breathing.