Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Quick quest on T11 v 12

Hey hey

Just wondering if anyone has done the math to figure out which set gives more mana. T11 4p or T12 2p?
    I play Disc is that matters at all. Been putting off T12 upgrades because I prefer the 4p T11 so far..

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be wrong but I think the forum had a thread that decided 4pc t11 was more mana but that the stats you sacrifice in order to keep it make it not worth it.

I'm trying to find the link to the forum I read about it on... :T
    I'll have it here soon.

But, tier 12 two set is more regen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you manage 100% up-time as Disc, you might as well make the jump to Tier 12 for the stat gains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Unless you manage 100% up-time as Disc, you might as well make the jump to Tier 12 for the stat gains.
    I tank heal in 10m and use penance almost every cooldown, so the 4p is up for the whole fight, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    I tank heal in 10m and use penance almost every cooldown, so the 4p is up for the whole fight, more or less.
    Is mana seriously an issue in this situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you start using T12 2p you may find mana isn't an issue and even be able to to reforge out of Spirit and Gem almost pure Int, if you haven't already done so...

This subject was for Holy, but Disc Priests also chimed in: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iece-set-bonus

Deleted
    Yep it's much better to go for the tier 12, the stats you would lose by not doing so are simply too great.

Even with 100% uptime the T12 2p is much better than T11 4P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Apparently, mana is not an issue as Tank Disc. Go with Tier 12 and hope our Priest brethren of the tank healing variety are not boasting/ lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Apparently, mana is not an issue as Tank Disc. Go with Tier 12 and hope our Priest brethren of the tank healing variety are not boasting/ lying.
    Meh, I have mana issues tank healing. I like to snipe PoH, renews, and pretty much everything else on raid to help out. Maybe that's why I can still have mana problems

But yea, just made the splash into T12, icky now my shoulders dont match -_-

Thanks for the advice...

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIPER STOP SNIPING!

I don't have mana issues when tank healing. Ever. (I do still throw poh's around; I do not throw renews around usually)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    SNIPER STOP SNIPING!
    This made me laugh, thank you! Dora..Dora...Dora...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I was laughing as I typed it, lol.

It depends on which version of T11 you have.

If you have 372's, don't replace with T12 until at least 3 pieces. If you've got 359s, go ahead with T12. T11 4pc is roughly 100 more MP5 than T12 2pc, but you're Disc, you'll want as much int as you can get from gear.

And as long as your gear/other healers/tanks aren't terrible, you shouldn't be having mana issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    If you have 372's, don't replace with T12 until at least 3 pieces. If you've got 359s, go ahead with T12. T11 4pc is roughly 100 more MP5 than T12 2pc, but you're Disc, you'll want as much int as you can get from gear.
    This isn't correct. T11 4pc (at 100% uptime) is 540 spirit, which at ~7000 intellect translates into about 375 mp5. The T12 2p is 412 mp5 (at 100% uptime).

And as long as your gear/other healers/tanks aren't terrible, you shouldn't be having mana issues.
    This is correct.

2t12 is far superior to 4t11, even if you've got 372. Upgrade as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    This isn't correct. T11 4pc (at 100% uptime) is 540 spirit, which at ~7000 intellect translates into about 375 mp5. The T12 2p is 412 mp5 (at 100% uptime).
    Tell that to Blizzard then, because I used the in-game tooltip for those values, and when the t11 4pc activated, my combat MP5 increased by 515. So..."Combat Regen" tooltip on character screen is wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Tell that to Blizzard then, because I used the in-game tooltip for those values, and when the t11 4pc activated, my combat MP5 increased by 515. So..."Combat Regen" tooltip on character screen is wrong?
    No idea what's going on with your tooltip, I just tried it and got 385 combat mp5 from the 4p at 6873 int. Did you test it in disc or holy? Are you sure something else didn't proc at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    ^ you must have had a PT proc since that's the number you would get at 7373 int with 540 spirit

And I don't know what proc would account for that large of a difference, user error is my guess here
    The extra mp5 in my case is because I'm human, so I'm actually getting 556 spirit. But yeah the only thing I can think of that would cause a 100+ mp5 difference is being holy instead of disc.