Thread: Siberia v2 or?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Siberia v2 or?

Hi!

I plan on buying a new headset really soon, but I can't make up my mind. I currently have the Fatal1ty by Creative but the mic quality is crap imo and it's not comfy, my head starts to hurt after only 30 mins of gaming. The sound quality isn't what it should be either.

A friend of mine recommended the Siberia v2 by SteelSeries. It looks really comfy and I've heard that the sound quality is excellent for it's price range (I checked and I could buy it for only 64 euros online). Does any1 here have any experience with it? Please do share you thoughts.

Also, if any1 could recommend me another pair, that would be great!

Oh, before I forget, my budget is 90 euros.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-08-30 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    I've got myself a Siberia V2 and I love it, comfy, good quality and blocks outside noise. I also use them outside when listening to Music.

Deleted
    same as the above poster, love them

I tested the SteelSeries 5Hv2 and the sound quality was shit (virtually no bass). Dunno whether the Siberia is any better, though.

I'm using AKG K-530 + separate microphone.

Audio-Technica ATH-M-Fucking-50s with a mic attached via velcrodot.

They are not very good at all. The sound is poor for the price-range, the mic is flimsy and very low-quality. Probably my biggest regret as far as computer-related purchases come.
    I upgraded to a pair of Sennheiser, whom is very good as well, but as light on the bass. But good sound is good sound; The Siberia v2 are not, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    They are not very good at all. The sound is poor for the price-range, the mic is flimsy and very low-quality. Probably my biggest regret as far as computer-related purchases come.
    I upgraded to a pair of Sennheiser, whom is very good as well, but as light on the bass. But good sound is good sound; The Siberia v2 are not, however.
    Which pair did you buy? I always hear good things when it comes to Sennheiser. I noticed the PC 360 while searching for headsets and it looks great but it's so expensive (145 euros online).

Quote Originally Posted by Astug View Post
    Which pair did you buy? I always hear good things when it comes to Sennheiser. I noticed the PC 360 while searching for headsets and it looks great but it's so expensive (145 euros online).
    Why must it be a headset, cant you get a decent pair of cans and attach a 3$ mic to them with velcro? the m50s reign supreme in the 100 Euro range, they will exceed your excpectations by far.

HD555 or HD558 with a clip-on mic should be about the same as a PC360, actually. If you mod them to 595/598, you get a quite expensive headset for less (as simple as this). I have the PC360, tho.

EDIT: I must really agree on the headphone + stand-alone/clip-on mic. Headphones are so much more value for money compared to headsets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Why must it be a headset, cant you get a decent pair of cans and attach a 3$ mic to them with velcro? the m50s reign supreme in the 100 Euro range, they will exceed your excpectations by far.
    The ATH-M50s cost 170 euros, that's way above my budget. Even the PC 360 by Sennheiser are cheaper, so thanks but no thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-08-30 at 10:15 PM. Reason: rephrased

I simply prefer a headset with a mic build in. Also, the ATH-M50s cost 170 euros, that's way above my budget. Even the PC 360 by Sennheiser are cheaper, so thanks but no thanks.
    'Squze me, was looking at the UK amazon. My bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    HD555 or HD558 with a clip-on mic should be about the same as a PC360, actually. If you mod them to 595/598, you get a quite expensive headset for less (as simple as this). I have the PC360, tho.

EDIT: I must really agree on the headphone + stand-alone/clip-on mic. Headphones are so much more value for money compared to headsets.
    Mmh, okey. The HD555 look very nice and comfy and it would be quite handy to also have a nice pair of headphones, since I only have my crappy Samsung earbuds.

What's the difference between the 5/8 versions?
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-08-30 at 10:24 PM.

Mmh, okey. The HD595 look very nice and comfy and it would be quite handy to also have a nice pair of headphones, since I only have my crappy Samsung earbuds.

What's the difference between the 5/8 versions?
    I'm pretty sure it was purely cosmetic

The only difference is colour, actually. As far as I've been able to discern, the sound-quality is nigh-on identic.

EDIT: I'm too slow today. Tssk.

It's pretty freaking awesome imo :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a Sennheiser, but it was uncomfortable in long gaming sessions, and the sound was below average. I upgraded to the Siberia v2 a year ago, which I still use. It's many times more comfortable, the sound is better, and outside noise is quieter. However, the Sennheiser mic was of higher quality, and picked up less background noise. Sennheiser makes nice products, but not for the same price as you would pay for a Siberia v2. If you have a lot of cash, go for a higher-end Sennheiser, if you want to spend under $100, definitely go Steelseries.

I'm not sure what to make of that, nor what Sennheisers you had. Did you have full-ear encompassing?

Because as someone whom has both the Siberia v2 (wearing atm, as they are now my laptop-sound), and finds them tonnes more uncomfortable than the Sennheisers (I do wear glasses though) not to mention that the soundquality is quite a bit worse (with and without a dedicated soundcard, with and without using it in my laptop), and the squeaky noise that happens whenever you make a facial expression or just move a fraction is annoying.

And two weeks ago, most mic-less high-quality Sennheisers were more inexpensive than the Siberia v2s here. (but have since doubled in price for some reason).

Deleted
    Now I'm having 2nd thoughts about the Siberia v2, some of you think the sound quality is bad, others think it's great.

I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD 448 right now, they cost the same as the Siberia v2, tho they do not have a mic, but as mentioned earlier by others, I should just buy a cheap mic and attach it with velcro.

So, any1 that has any experience with the HD 448 or that knows if it's better or worse than the Siberia v2?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-08-30 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo & rephrase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I had a Sennheiser, but it was uncomfortable in long gaming sessions, and the sound was below average. I upgraded to the Siberia v2 a year ago, which I still use. It's many times more comfortable, the sound is better, and outside noise is quieter. However, the Sennheiser mic was of higher quality, and picked up less background noise. Sennheiser makes nice products, but not for the same price as you would pay for a Siberia v2. If you have a lot of cash, go for a higher-end Sennheiser, if you want to spend under $100, definitely go Steelseries.
    Then you must have had some shit sennheiser headsets because I own Sennheiser HD 595 and they are by far the best headphones I have ever owned, I have played with them on for 12+ hours and they never hurt or are uncomfortable, and the sound is far superior to the siberia ones (my brother owned a sibera v2).
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts about the Siberia v2, some of you think the sound quality is bad, others think it's great. I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD 448 right now, they cost the same as the Siberia v2, tho they do not have a mic, but as mentioned early by others, I should just buy a cheap mic.

So, any1 that has any experience with the HD 448 or that knows if it's better or worse than the Siberia v2?

Thanks!
    The reason for that is because none has heard an amazing set of cans, and the best they have heard is, naturally, whatever they own. Check out if you can find an affordable Fischer FA-011 near your area, they are also quite amazing.
    As far as the sennheisers go, anything below the 500 series is sortof either old or not quite-as-good. Haven't heard them personally tho.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Then you must have had some shit sennheiser headsets because I own Sennheiser HD 595 and they are by far the best headphones I have ever owned, I have played with them on for 12+ hours and they never hurt or are uncomfortable, and the sound is far superior to the siberia ones (my brother owned a sibera v2).
    I personally find sennheisers kindof boring compared to some other Hi-Fi brands. Although that might have something to do with the music I listen to... It's just a matter of taste when it comes to different brands most of the time..
    Last edited by Keller; 2011-08-30 at 10:56 PM.