10+ Year Old Account

Good Addon Dev Tools

Okay, I'm looking into creating my own addons, and I was wondering what would be good to use. I've found Addonstudio and WoW UI Designer, but both haven't received updates in forever. I've tried searching for help, but I haven't found anything after 2007. Will Addonstudio still work for what I need or should I grab something else?

The only updated "studio" for WoW LUA is http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34752

Take a look on threads in the category "Dev Tools" at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=41

Hope it helps. Tbh most of us just use a combo of notepad++ and wowprogramming lookups with the browser.

Phhhh notepad++, original notepad ftw.

In all seriousness though it's all you need as long as you keep a copy of the API nearby for trying new things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks for the help. I mostly know C++ and a little Java, never worked with Lua (though they seem fairly close at first glance). I guess I can give just notepad a try, then look through the Dev Tools forum if I get stuck.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Notepad++ is one of the most suggested tools for editing any form of code if you don't have an IDE for that language - it's a free text editor that includes syntax highlighting for literally dozens of programming languages, including Lua.

With "Dev Tools", the OP seems to be referring to Text Editors / IDEs, so I agree on Notepad++, WoW UI Designer, or the IntelliJ IDEA Lua plugin

Vladinator's WoWI link would be closer to that term though, which was the same thing I was thinking off ..

Unrelated, but I can also point you to some resources/guides if wanted