Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    WUT?!

I predict it shall be nothing more than an abomination. People need to stop trying to remake the classics. They completely failed at redoing Wolfman; it doesnt matter who, but no one can be successful at redoing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cynsacat View Post
    Sam Raimi for the prequel ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1623205/ ). The sequel... Some random fella. >.> ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884726/ )

No Burton sightings yet.
    Good news then. Don't get me wrong, I think Tim Burton has made some great movies based on original ideas ... but when he does a remake like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it didn't quite feel right.

Coming Soon. Wizard of Oz by Tim Burton
    Staring Helena Bonham Carter as Dorothy.
    Johnny Depp as Scarecrow!

Yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Good news then. Don't get me wrong, I think Tim Burton has made some great movies based on original ideas ... but when he does a remake like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it didn't quite feel right.
    It wasn't, objectively, a bad movie, but I really preferred the old one so much. I didn't like a single song in the remake...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Coming Soon. Wizard of Oz by Tim Burton
    Staring Helena Bonham Carter as Dorothy.
    Johnny Depp as Scarecrow!

Yea...
    While I don't see HBC being very good as Dorothy, Johnny Depp would make an awesome freaking Scarecrow. HBC could be the Wicked Witch; I could totally see that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Remake this? Blaspheme!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is remake and remake. The Wizard of Oz is at first a novel, so they can make another movie out of it. It would be a remake if they take the same songs and same scenario of the movie. How many Romeo and Juliet movies there is? Or Three Musketeers? So depending on how the movie is made, another Wizard of Oz could be worth it.

What I don't understand are remakes of movies that were movies from the beginning. Why remake Footlose? Or Dirty Dancing? Or Fright Night? For me those remake are totally useless and show a lack of imagination from the film directors and producers.

Deleted
    Nothing is sacred when money can be made nowadays, Greed is getting out of control..Leave this film alone, there isn't many classic films left, The Italian Job remake was awful, Also I remember hearing on top gear that a Battle of Britain /or DamBusters remake was being considered..

10+ Year Old Account
    Every movie/song these days is a remake of some old classic or basically the same story with different characters/actors. I think this is pathetic, don't ruin a movie that for so long still stands as one of the greatest movies EVER made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically you could count Tin Man as a Wizard of Oz remake (it just has a more interesting twist to it).

With that said I think they will end up making a profit with this (if they go through with it). People will try to press their nostalgia buttons with this newer one. Even if it will just have better graphics than the first.

Are you sure its not just a revision of the novel and not a remake of the movie? I mean, there's no rule saying only ONE movie can be made for each novel, especially classics. How many spins has Alice in Wonderland had?

Deleted
    I dont see why hollywood has to rape and ruin anything decent in our culture. Kid's films dont need to be remade, as kids have no frame of reference, anything is great for them.

The issue is all these scared shitless executives at production compnaies that are so afraid of taking a risk and making something new they think "oh, we will just remake successful movies! They were sucessful before... they will be again!" Usually they do this and slap some BS political crap into it (like day the earth stood still) and have a nice financial calamity on their hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Are you sure its not just a revision of the novel and not a remake of the movie? I mean, there's no rule saying only ONE movie can be made for each novel, especially classics. How many spins has Alice in Wonderland had?
    Even if. Look at the recent Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Technically, that was a new movie based on the book, but everyone still considers it a remake of Wonka. And it sucked arse.