Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Ya, I also don't want a dungeon finder... let me spend 2 hours to find 4 assholes instead of grouping me with 4 random assholes in 20 minutes.

Cause people on the internet aren't jackasses if they are on the same server.
    I don't have this issue. Oh wait, you are a DPS? Who guessed that. You know, finding a friend who is able and is willing to tank isn't hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I mean... if you only want to run Dungeons on your server, build a group in General/Trade.

LFG hasn't disabled the chat box. If you want to spend 2 hours building a group of people that are all on your server, you can still do that... have fun! But for everyone else who prefers waiting 20-30 minutes instead of 120 minutes, why remove that feature? Because you like flying to a dungeon entrance? Really... well I'm sure after the 2nd week of spending 21 hours to get your 7 dungeons completed, you'll quickly realize certain features implemented after the "Golden Era" of WoW actually aren't that bad.

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    I don't have this issue. Oh wait, you are a DPS? Who guessed that. You know, finding a friend who is able and is willing to tank isn't hard.
    Oh wait, I'm a Protection Warrior main who doesn't need to run dungeons to get Valor Capped... who would have thought people can have opinions on subjects that don't directly affect them?

And we're talking about Dungeon Finder, so the assumption is your looking to fill spots in your group. With a full group already in hand, Dungeon Finder isn't even used, so your response of "Ask a friend" isn't really applicable to anything being discussed. Bottom line is, the fact LFG is implemented in the game doesn't take away from the fact you can still sit in SW/Org and ask people in trade to form a group... if you don't want to use the feature, your certainly not forced to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah..and I would like to not have to repeat myself about posts like this. Gosh, just because an OPTIONAL FEATURE is in the game, doesn't mean you MUST use it. If you fnd it so terrible, make your groups in /1, /2, /friends or /guild FFS!

Oh yeah..it was so great back in Classic to spam those channels and end up with the same anonymous dicks from /1 and /2. Only with the added bonus that:

-it took up to 2 hrs to assemble
    -it took 30 mins to move 2 ppl to the remote summoning stones
    -you had to repeat all that when somebody quit the group
    -you often also had to advertise for ppl to unlock places like UBRS

Everyone whos says they knew their community is a liar. Nobody knows 3000 people on a server / in a faction..or however many there are, probably a lot more. If you did dungeons back then, you did them with guildies or friends. If you randomed them, you suffered.

Why the hell did you think the LDF tool was introduced? To spite you? To deliberately make matters worse?
    Ugh, two good points I wana respond too but this one wins...

LFD is optional yes, but easymode is always the path of lest resistance, thus used 100% of the time outside of full guild runs.

Partial guild LFD runs make players into bullys, I don't know why but players I know are nice from my guilds or friends, instantly turn into Dbags if they sense the slightest blood in the water from somone not set up perfectly and preforming like a master. This needs to stop.

I never spent a second setting up a group in vanilla, TBC or early LK. I got bugged into doing them by my server friends which, yes I actually knew very well and can still name them all. Some I even still keep in touch with.

I haven't met a single new person since LFD came out that wasn't completley, contemporary or contemptuous.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want it to be an FPS... I don't have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    .....say what? I don't want to play facebook the game.
    That's really not what social network integration means at all.

Deleted
    LFD tool is a standard of the mmo genre now, deal with it.

If it ruins the community on the server, well .. thats up to the people on the server, but a LFD tool is a must - mind you, I started playing MMOs back when EQ1 was release, Im all aware of the old way and I love it like that, but it has changed now - its not like that anymore, so I did what everyone els must as well, embrace new changes and accept the fact that its like this, because the genre is alot bigger now, alot more players and it has to take into account that not everyone is online 8 hours aday.

LFD - Caters for the little man, for the casual player who wants to be able to log on and get going, there is NOTHING here that prevents you from gathering your own group and going on with it, as you see fit.

oh, have to do this :P - Dont want wow players in titan! (Rage armor on!!) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It will be an FPSMMO, that means being able to aim, dodge and cover will determine skill (mostly) It will be a great turn in the MMO genre and for those that have played both types of games for years, a target rich enviroment, of nooblets =D
    Exactly why it won't be an MMOFPS, it's going to be more casual friendly than WoW so they're not going to make the combat 500 times harder.
    (Unless it's completely optional and that you can switch freely between targeting and free aiming, but then again the aim skill doesn't matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Third, Titan will not be what most of you think it will be. It wont target MMO players, they have WoW for that. Don't have high hopes.
    WoW won't be hot news anymore in 2016+ or whenever Titan gets released so of course it will target MMO players, but probably not exclusively.
    I'd expect something like a more user-friendly, improved Second Life with a lot of new features added in.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2011-08-31 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    id be happy if non of the current WoW developers went to work on Titan.. if ghostcrawler goes anywhere near the thing it'll be a pass :P

Deleted
    I certainly don't want Dungeon Finder. However useful the tool may be it totally took away the fun out of everything community related. Before LFD you had to find a group manually, you could control who will be in it (classes, specs, gear...) and most importantly you formed friendships in these groups. Nobody can deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    LFD tool is a standard of the mmo genre now, deal with it.
    Just a theory, but I'm guessing that Blizzard probably isn't going to be copying the systems from WoW to put in Titan. They probably know better than to try and just lift things from their own game if they want to make another game that can succeed in the MMO market. Blizz knows they need to make something that is different enough from WoW that players would be interested in playing both games at the same time.

Deleted
    I do not want forum trolls that quit months ago whining about the game. Exactly, like a lot of "players" are doing right now. Feedback is of course ok, but you all know what kind of moaning I am describing, and if not, try reading these forums for a few days.
    Also, I'd like to have a fansite that does not crash when I am trying to quick reply, since I end up typing loads of text that keeps getting lost.

What I do not want? Simple list:

- I do not want Metzen being responsible for the lore. Other Blizzard franchises are poor enough right now.
    - I do not want Ghostcrawler leading anything. He is a funny guy and all that, but I think his (and his team) decisions are rather poor and slow.
    - I do not want pay2win in any way, shape or form. No real cash Auction Houses.
    - I do not want the holy trinity. It is fine to have characters that heal better, characters that have better damage and less survivability, more tanky and all that, but such roles should not be so dedicated and over-emphasized. We need a shift in that model.
    - I do not want developers that keep jumping from one foot to the other. Just do not make the game easier, then harder, then easier, then harder, then harder, then nerfing stuff. Put out different difficulty settings if need be, but do not keep changing the model as it annoys people quite a bit, as seen in WotLK and Cataclysm.
    - I do not want a game where raiding is all there is. It is terrible design.
    - I do not want a monthly subscription. Monthly fees seem to make companies not to put enough effort to keep making the game better and more interesting, expanding it. Polishing is great, but one can create perfectly polished games with no soul.

That would be all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koksii View Post
    They already confirmed, that it will be a game with a huge social componente (aka Facebook implementation). It will also be a lot more accessible for "casual" Gamers.

Its likely that they will add a lot of microtransaction stuff like pets. The WoW Pet Shop was just a test. And yep, it worked. A fugly little Pet, programmed in 20 Minutes, selled for over 2 million Dollar in a week.

Its VERY likely that they will add this kind of stuff in Titan in a way bigger ingame-item / mount store ...
    This and they'll also advertise in the game (Bobby Kotick himself stated he wanted advertisement inside games and I read somewhere Coca Cola was going to be featured in Titan...)

So therefor I'm definantly not going to get it, I hate that *censored*

you mean there is info out there about this game? Oh wait....

I don't want something that's been in the market for years already. Innovation PLEASE
    RETH

Deleted
    I don't want it to be FPS, rather a TPS shooter MMO. I get tired of walking around in FPS for longer periods.
    I definitely don't want WoW in a futuristic setting, and I'm sure Blizz agrees.. What I'm hoping for is a TPS/RTS/RPG kind of MMO with much PvP focus, where battles are taking place all over the world and there are options to capture areas for example. I could see a game where certain parts of the world belongs to different player clans who fight for supremacy.
    I don't want mounts, instead vehicles, for very obvious reasons. Vehicle combat both on ground and in air integrated into the world would be a nice touch.

"When asked if the game's genre would be science fiction, post-apocalyptic, or historical a representative laughed and then responded: "all of those combined!" "
    This is interesting imo. What is the historical part?

Also I recommend this
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...060&viewfull=1
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2011-08-31 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its not a FPS MMO.
    I dont want it to be a multiplayer like wow (yes I said it! cross-realm = multiplayer, not MMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I have one wish for titan but it will never come true

- I don't want QQ.
    Over 9000 times this.

But for srs, no trinity and to be less hotkey focused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    i think its best not to get hyped

plus i dont think they said it was going to be an fps ever
    Yes, yes they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Yes, yes they did.
    This statement requires you to leave a source. I haven't seen one yet, but if you got it, do share