Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Insane, question.

Hey all, I'm thinking about going for The Insane title, I'm aware of how I need to do it properly, get maxed out with Bloodsail, then reduce their rep to honoured and get exalted with Goblins among others, however I've done things kind of backwards, I got to revered with Bloodsail and hated with the Goblin towns so i could get the Bloodsail achievement, I then decided to go for Loremaster before Cataclysm when the achievement wasn't refined and I needed the Goblin towns to do it. So I got my rep up with Goblins using the cloth hand in's, did all their quests and now my rep looks like this:

Everlook / Revered / 5600/21,000
    Gadgetzan / Honoured / 7000/21,000
    Ratchet / Friendly / 3200/6000
    Booty Bay / Honoured / 6000/12,000

Bloodsail Bucaneers / Hated / 0/36,000

Now my question is, on other rep achievements such as the Oracle Frenzyheart both to Exalted achievement, once you are Exalted with one it ticks off in the achievement so you can do the other rep, what I'd like to know is, as I can't get any lower with Bloodsail, can I kill pirates upon pirates, get Exalted with all the Goblin towns, then do Bloodsail to honoured, this way would take me out of Exalted with the Goblins obviously, but for the achievement do you need everything to be as described or will the reps tick off when you get them to the required rep or will they untick when you reduce them?

You do not need all the reputations at the same time. Doing Bloodsail first, then questing with the goblins is actually a very efficient way of doing it.

edit - this should help put your mind at rest (untested) /script AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

even if you get the goblins to exalted, taking bloodsail from 0/36k hated to honored will take your goblins right back down to very possibly hated. and for THIS particular achievment, you need to be honored with bloodsail WHILE exalted with the goblins. i know... it sounds insane.

I thought u needed all rep to be at required lvl to get the achiev, its a feature of strength afterall

Edit: enjoy the goblin grind, since cata imo this is way harder since there are far less southsea pirates
    Last edited by Valserik; 2011-08-31 at 11:24 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrabyte View Post
    even if you get the goblins to exalted, taking bloodsail from 0/36k hated to honored will take your goblins right back down to very possibly hated. and for THIS particular achievment, you need to be honored with bloodsail WHILE exalted with the goblins. i know... it sounds insane.
    Nah, doesn't work that way...

They have changed it in Cata, so you need the rep required in one point of time, you dont need to have all rep at the same time.

Deleted
    Right ok, so I can go kill loads of pirates, get to Exalted with Goblins and then go on a Booty Bay killing spree, wipe their rep out, get to honoured with Bloodsail and it will still count if I go below Exalted with Goblins?

I'm just wondering about this as I don't want to go do everything and then not get the achievement.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has always worked like this:

as soon as you hit exalted with all goblins, all four are checked off the requirements of the "hidden" achievement. If you go below exalted, it will still be checked, it won't reset.

Tip: Faldir's Cove in Arathi Highlands will bring your bloodsail rep to 11999/12000 honored, as goblins in Booty Bay are a tad overpowered nowadays.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Itakas, that would be strange if that was true, someone in my guild got Insane last week, and he needed to have ALL reputations at exalted at the same time. The thing i do know that has changed is that you can grind Bloodsail to exalted now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    It has always worked like this:

as soon as you hit exalted with all goblins, all four are checked off the requirements of the "hidden" achievement. If you go below exalted, it will still be checked, it won't reset.

Tip: Faldir's Cove in Arathi Highlands will bring your bloodsail rep to 11999/12000 honored, as goblins in Booty Bay are a tad overpowered nowadays.
    Ok i'll make a start on Goblin rep today, what's in Faldirs cove? i've been around there pre Cata, wasn't aware they've done anything there.

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    You do not need all the reputations at the same time. Doing Bloodsail first, then questing with the goblins is actually a very efficient way of doing it.

edit - this should help put your mind at rest (untested) /script AddTrackedAchievement(2336)
    I tried this and it showed the achievement, yet Bloodsail Bucaneers isn't ticked off even though I got to revered with them pre Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Valserik View Post
    Itakas, that would be strange if that was true, someone in my guild got Insane last week, and he needed to have ALL reputations at exalted at the same time. The thing i do know that has changed is that you can grind Bloodsail to exalted now.

itakas is infact right, use this code - /script _=GetAchievementLink(2336);print('Shift click to link:', _) - after that click on the achieve link and it will show what you have credit for. i am hated with booty bay and the other goblin towns but they are still counted.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is retro-active, you just had to have been Honored with Bloodsail at one point in time. I did mine the way it states and kept Honored while getting Exalted with the goblins. Too bad DM doesn't still have it's old quests, you would have pulled your hair out on libram drops. Good luck though mate!

Deleted
    easy Feat of strength... got it on 3 characters + i did it to 2 of my m8s

and atm u can just go BBB to exalted 1th and then go for goblins. the hardest (or most anoying / expensive part is darkmoon faire), rest is just a walk in the park. ^^
    not to say that when i 've done those FOS i had to had Shen'dralar as well and that was major time pain if u weren't or didn't had enginner with ya for mail.

enjoy farming, i had a blast

Make a macro of this, simplest and most realiable answer to your question!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you've ALREADY gotten to Honored ONCE with Bloodsail, you don't need to do it again. You only need it ONCE.
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

is it possible to reach exalted with the bloodsails now?
    i'm stuck in the bbb phase in stv where every mob is lvl 35 so you can run around and onehit everything.

Just out of curiosity, how long of an investment is that title? 20hrs played? more? I always thought it was cool, but the rarity made me assume it was hard to get.

Not that it matters, but since they're adding all this Darkmoon Faire stuff and said something about reputation for rewards, you might want to wait until 4.3 to bother with the Faire. Might save you a ton of effort & gold.

Could just be like me and get Exalted with all of 'em and not have to worry about if it counts or not.

do it like this guys says it the best way