Corehound packs seemingly bugged (4.2.2)

Solo'd MC for some time now inculding clearing every boss.

But since the patch I cannot kill the Core Hound packs before Magmadarr.

They reignite each other, even when they are killed at the same time or when killed in separated spots.
    Even tried without dots (DP) (no luck) and vanishing after last kill (no luck either).

Anyone got the same problem? (EU server btw)

Edit: managed to kill first pack while killing lucifron, no reignition... what the hell? will continue to next pack.
    Edit: following packs worked like a charm, seems like the first pack somehow bugs when lucifron is still alive (but at the other end of the cave)
    Last edited by Gondir; 2011-08-31 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    you were probably pulling the next pack before leting all 5 from the previous pack cooldown. each has an individual cooldown time so if your just zerging through you can pull the next one a little early as the re-heat range is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    you were probably pulling the next pack before leting all 5 from the previous pack cooldown. each has an individual cooldown time so if your just zerging through you can pull the next one a little early as the re-heat range is massive.
    Nope.
    Even pulled them beyond the entrance of the cave and killed them in the dead end... still reignited... until I killed Luci.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it on my rogue this afternoon when servers got back up, also EU and I have no issue's.
    Pulled the pack apart from lucifron and killed it the normal way, no issues.

Must be just you :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it Tuesday, US, no problems. Core Hounds are bigger, but still die like pansies. You cant vanish before they disappear or they all respawn. You actually don't have to kill any core hounds. If you skirt between the first two packs there is an area against the wall where you can kill Lucifron. Then you can just walk inbetween all the other packs and kill Magmadar. I only kill 1 pack of the dogs with my mage so I have more room to range and stuff. But really, you can skip them all.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-08-31 at 08:24 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I do MC weekly and my tactic just involves sending my pet (Warlock here) to the packs and pulling all 6 of them including Magmadar, Lucifron and the Corehoud packs, using Demon Form, Fel storm and Immolation Aura and just Hellfire AoE Lucifron down with the dogs. Works like a charm every week and it also gets Magmadar down to about 40% health.

Average DPS for those 2 bosses, 89k ^,^

I went in on my Enhancement Shaman and soloed MC for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was extremely irritating, I don't think they're bugged, but at the time I had several repop repeatedly. I put it down to Enh's clumsy/less-than-ideal AOE. I eventually got there, but it was just MUCH slower than I'd anticipated.

Sorry if I missed it, but which class/spec are you trying this with?

Assassination rogue.
    They all die within a second and far enough from other packs. (FoK ftw)
    So no logical reason for reignition as far as I know.
    And yes, vanishing before despawn of the corpses causes instant reset, I usually don't do that, just with this first pack after it bugged out for testing purposes.

Anyway, the other packs worked like usual, so perhaps just one instance of a buggy group.

On a side note: still no 2nd half from Garr... dang it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondir View Post

On a side note: still no 2nd half from Garr... dang it!
    Poor you, I got the half and eye of sulfuras in 1 run on my hunter, can't even wield the mace xD

I solo'd this on my hunter just Wed morning. The packs gave me a tad bit of trouble, however they all died and I chalked up the trouble I had because it was my first solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it today on my warlock. I had my pet on passive so it doesn't deal more damage to a corehound than the other. I just rain of fire until all died. They didn't reignite. The problem I ran into was staying in combat after they died.