Webcam security software?

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew a good webcam software that only records when there is movement.

been getting really creepy signs of someone hanging outside my gf's window and would really like to find out who is doing it.

Deleted
    A quick google sent me to
    www . crime - catcher . com
    Cant make links yet :/
    Edit. Never even read about it . its lolover gone.

http: // www .ispyconnect. com/
    Seems like a better choice as it is actually being updated. And "brand new".
    Last edited by mmocc5cfd84371; 2011-08-31 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifetownfred View Post
    A quick google sent me to
    www.crime-catcher.com
    Cant make links yet :/
    Fixed for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefishtank View Post
    Hey i was wondering if anyone knew a good webcam software that only records when there is movement.

been getting really creepy signs of someone hanging outside my gf's window and would really like to find out who is doing it.
    What signs if you don't mind me asking?

And I can vouch for Crime Catcher, I used it freshman year of college when I thought the maids in my dorm were stealing stuff.

we keep finding a chair setup right outside her window....and its only when a certain person knows im not sleeping at her place that night...really hoping its not who i think it is..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefishtank View Post
    we keep finding a chair setup right outside her window....and its only when a certain person knows im not sleeping at her place that night...really hoping its not who i think it is..
    Hmm yea I would be doing the same thing if it was my gf, the only thing I see being a problem is the quality of camera since webcams really are not that good especially if it's at night.

all i need is to see how the person walks/ shape of them. actual face isnt too important...unless its someone i dont know.

thanks everyone.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/features.aspx

has motion activation for recording. its open source, so completely free.

far as lighting goes, try to make sure its as dark as possible in the room itself. if in any way possible shed a small bit of light on the area from the outside. porch lights, flood lights, so on. dont make it obvious of course and point lights around that window just a "oops we forgot to turn off the flood lights" type thing.

Who do u think it is? THE SCREAM PHANTOM!!!

Before they had web cams, they had people waiting for peeping toms who don't expect them to be there. And fists.

There's a chair set up outside of your girlfriend's window and you're going to wait for more surveillance before doing something about it?

My first response is never violence. But direct confrontation of the perv is most likely needed if you want it to stop immediately. Who knows, this sicko might be planning something sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by KG422 View Post
    Before they had web cams, they had people waiting for peeping toms who don't expect them to be there. And fists.

There's a chair set up outside of your girlfriend's window and you're going to wait for more surveillance before doing something about it?
    yea i dont like jumping to conclusions...for all i know it could be some crack head doing it.

on a side note that ispyconnect program is amazing. my ps3 eye even worked with it so i could test it out. thanks a lot everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens come back and update on this. I'm curious now, too

Also, why not just sneak over there one night and wait and see who it is?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

Why bother when we have the power of technology to make us lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

i will be there too...just want footage. lol.

Hi you can try GotoCamera. The have a really good webcam software, that's free! You just need to hook up a webcam facing the outside of your gf's window, follow the download instructions and you're good to get started. Make sure to tick their motion detection option, which basically sends you an email everytime there's some movement outside her window.

That is pretty scary actually. I keep blackout shades on my window because it's right beside some stairs :x