Deleted

Pvp State as priest. QQ post.

Aight, so i have been playing Priest For many years now, i've changed arena partner alot times with the years, different reasons, most of then quitted.

So i've got a new mate, a feral druid, which should be pretty good, Feral/disc. I've been reading and reading all the years, for every single detail about priest.

I've been topped 2,3k+ in both 2v2/3v3/5v5. But with this druid, i cant even pass 1500 rating.
    I have no idea if its MY fault or the druids, because if we face 2x DPS team, i just got BURNED down, yes im almost full ruthless, and im human so i got Pve trinekt: the Darkmoon Tsunami? and a PvP trinket, with some spellpower proc.
    I dont know if i should switch the pve trinket for more resi, im curretly 3,7k resi with pve trinket.

But if i face Arms warrior and Unholy DK, i cant cast a single heal, because of the silence, stun and interupt, so i just get burned down, while trying to kite araround somethings, my kitty cant kill the warrior before they get me down.

I faced 2x Frost mage. They sheeped me for 7 secs, and deepfreezed my feral druid, and i knew if i wouldt trinket this, they would burst him down. So i trinked, and i got deep freezed, they popped everything, and killed the druid instant, and she was in bear form. I mean, what the.. ?

Rogue/Mage. - Holy nova, holy nova, holy nova, sap. Mage come up, sheep druid, and i just get bursted down.

We normally win if we face another Disc priest. Since, i get the best mana burn in. Not allways we win, but most of them.
    If we face a shaman.. There shaman purge every single manaburn, so i cast Greater heal, since they all interupt that, I use Manaburn, but they all run around something, or i get interupted in another way. Even if i get a fear up on them, kill tremor totem, and get 3x Manaburn on them, they have 100% right after.. Really?
    Pala healers.. They dont know what low mana means.
    Druid, not the biggest problem, but insane hard to get a mana burn into them.

Well, i would suggest this is a form of QQ post. But i wonder.
    Am I the only Disc priest, there feels like we're buttom? In BGs i can have like 7x nuking me, without having any problems.

But is it my fault? Am i doing something wrong? Or is it my mate? I know 2v2 is not balanced, but i mean, is it really so stupid i cant get a single heal in, or is it just that way?

I apreciate you for reading this, and i would like some feedback, what do guys means about the curretly state of arena, or as priest.

Best regards, ParisHealton.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Rogue/Mage. - Holy nova, holy nova, holy nova, sap. Mage come up, sheep druid, and i just get bursted down.
    What was your Druid doing un-stealthed in Human form??

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    What was your Druid doing un-stealthed in Human form??
    If i saw right, where he jumping him, and got sheeped. But yeah, your right. lol

Deleted
    I don't play this combo but it should work pretty well since there are a lot of disc feral combos at high ratings in 2s. I'll try to give some tips if possible:

vs arms + dk if they both sit on you you're most likely dead...so try to kite as much as possible...it should be easy since feral has insta clone, insta root (it takes so little to get 5 cp + finishing move), 50% slow on most attacks, bash, maim as stuns also I hope you're using the armor that boosts you're armor and sp. Your friend should really pop cd's from start while you hug pillars and go out only when needed.

2x frost mage it's gonna be pretty though...you should be dispelling your friend a lot while los-ing a lot...if you notice mages are spellstealing shield you should go for direct heals. Also I hope you know the trick to get yourself out of sheeps with SWeath (unless they throw sheep when you're in deepfreeze). One more thing that you can do if you can last long enough would be for you're friend to try kill their elementals...the cd is 4 min and they die really easy. A mage without pet does a lot less dmg and control. Also use Inner focus when you need to heal druid and anticipate a silent so you can cast freely.

rogue+mage will be really hard as well. The only things you can do is anticipate silent from rogue (think it's shadowstep+garote) or mage with inner focus, dispell mage offensive cd's loss a lot, anticipate smoke bombs and Leap of Faith your druid out of it (i sometimes manage to do it to my dk mate thus saving him the ibf). You'll most likely lose to this comp unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow word death polys,LoS poly,Fakecast That's some tricks i can say...

Rogue/mage isn't hard. Do what the above posters said with losing and swding the polys. Have your feral train the mage and keep him dispelled. Make sure he's shape shifting out of crippling. If they are going on you, you should be able to live with the feral peeling you. Keep fairie fire on the rogue also. Even if you get deep freezed into a ring of frost/poly your feral should be able to live with his cooldowns.

That tsunami deck is worthless if you can't live long enough to survive a melee pain train. Swap in the resilience trinket at the very least.
    The druid on your 2s should be using Skull Bass/Cyclone/Roots to peel some of the pressure off you. If he isn't, he's a bad feral.

Also, as crazy as this sounds, consider going holy for Light Well, Blessed Resilience and GS. You'll have ample instants to keep yourself alive, and body and soul + 4 set bonus makes getting away from the melee pain train a bit easier. Use Renew/PWS/PoM/Serenity/CoH/HN and LW clicking (roughly in that order) to keep yourself alive during the initial burst. GS can be much better than PS if used well. Yes, PWS will heal for slightly less, but the holy mastery more than makes up for it imo. It also doesn't let Necrotic Strikes stack up from a DK, which Disc is *very* vulnerable against. Good teams will know to kill your LW first, but that's a hollow victory for them as that buys time for you to free cast.

You would not be able to manaburn as easily, but you'll gain other trick(s). A well timed Chastise or GS can win a match.

I'm nowhere near your bracket, but I'm very aware of the level of play going on at your level.
    The deck is stacked against you wrt to class balance atm, you'll have to try non-traditional tactics to do well imo.

-T

Anything can be viable in 2s, but I wouldn't recommend holy over disc. Disc is extremely better than holy. The only thing that even looks appealing to me is body and soul and that doesn't come close to outweighing the aura mastery, pain suppression, penance and shields. There's a reason there haven't been any high rated holy priests post- 4.1.

Druid needs to help you more with cyclone, roots, stuns. There's no way you can escape double dps training you by yourself -- you don't have enough tools to kite anything on your own. You can tank until you run out of cooldowns, but then you'll die. It's all up to your teammates to pull off you. I don't find it fun anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by rollup View Post
    aura mastery
    Wrong class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Wrong class.
    He's talking about the aura matery effect disc priests get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intensive8 View Post
    He's talking about the aura matery effect disc priests get.
    Aura Mastery (Paladin)
    2 min cooldown
    Causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of Devotion Aura, Resistance Aura, and Retribution Aura by 100%. Lasts 6 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Aura Mastery (Paladin)
    2 min cooldown
    Causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of Devotion Aura, Resistance Aura, and Retribution Aura by 100%. Lasts 6 sec.
    Strength of Soul Rank 2
    When you heal a target with your Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal spell, the duration of the Weakened Soul debuff on the target is reduced by 4 sec.

In addition, when you cast Inner Focus you become immune to Silence, Interrupt and Dispel effects for 5 sec.

This is what the player you quoted was talking about.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Tell your feral to peel more, vs any melee you shouldn't have a problem surviving at all, roots on one target + cyclone on the other, voila you got 6 seconds of free casting and the druid can just do it all over again after 18 seconds.