Armory Data Mining? C#

Hey peeps.

A year or so ago I wrote a simple PHP based Armory parser using Curl. It functioned at a very basic level by pulling XML from the Armory and then iterating through the data pulling bits out such as Character names and stats.

This week I began teaching myself C# using the .NET 4.0 SDK in VS2010. So far with C# I've managed to write an app that does SQL based tasks. Today I want to start a new project based around my WoW characters. For this app I want to be able to be able to pull character and guild information from the WoW Armory to a file and use it in my application.

It's been a while since I've done anything with the Armory (I'm not even sure if I did it the right way last time I tried with PHP). The armory has undergone a number of changes since then and I would like to know how I can use C# to mine it. Is it still done with XML? How many different ways can I do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

You do not want to mine anymore, Blizzard released an API for accessing the information, I believe there is a forum on the official WoW site with links to various programming libraries and tutorials on how to use the new API
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

The API is all JSON files. I don't understand them or how I could even use them... They are just text?! They look like a way on indexing or referencing armory data. How I don't know. But I still need to pull data from the armory and I can't see how raw text can do this. Do I still need to use XML?

EDIT: I downloaded from Blizzards GitHub... Maybe I have the wrong things?
    Last edited by Robula; 2011-08-31 at 05:03 PM.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...arse-json-in-c

Start there -- parsing JSON in C# is quite trivial.

Hopefully that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by garrotte View Post
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...arse-json-in-c

Start there -- parsing JSON in C# is quite trivial.

Hopefully that helps.
    Thanks. I've spent almost a whole day looking at how I can go about parsing the JSON data. In PHP it's as simple as using json_decode but in C# it's just mind blowing. I've looked into JSON.NET and had little luck getting any sort of result.

I'm thinking of just using a PHP script to pull character values from JSON and then import them into .NET.

Thanks for your help.